What is your Happiness?

geocruiser

Relaxing on my aft balcony, feet up on the stool, a cup of coffee or cocktail in hand, watching and listening to the wake churn away..... bliss!

This is my "happy place" I go to when I'm dealing with medical issues like post op pain, stuck in an MRI for an hour, or in a dentist chair getting drilled on.

Edited by NoobCruise

Have to say, seeing the blue-hulled ship makes my heart sing as we drive into the port but the best is having them heartily welcome us on board and getting a hug from some of the staff.

and all the usual mentioned above ... now, sigh, back to reality - what will I make for dinner tonight

On a cruise,,,,glass of red wine on our verandah mid afternoon. Or coffee every morning on the verandah prior to going for breakfast.

Land trip...being somewhere completely new, in close proximity to the sea, with different language, customs, food. And especially being in a local restaurant where we don't understand the menu and the owner hardly speaks english or french. Always lots of fun with many rewarding meals and experiences.

Edited by iancal

Thank you all for shearing your happiness with me and each other. We are all so lucky to be able to enjoy the joy of taking a cruise and the sharing of our love of cruising with each other.

We ARE so very lucky -just as you said - BUT the thing that popped into MY memories is the wonderful -sometimes teasing -sometimes just KINDNESSES -realtionship we have with the crew we deal with on a daily basis. Our cruises tend to be at least a month long and sometimes longer than 2 months -the "Grand" cruises into Asia and EU being our favorite. That extra time gives us opportunities to understand our "friends" ....in a world FILLED with Sabre-rattling...isn't it FUN to SHARE a sense of humor?????????? Is that ANY wonder WHY we cruise so HAPPILY with Holland America? They enrich MY world and OUR faith in people and countries. ;)

I'm in total agreement with the unpacking, wine on the veranda, and room service coffee while getting ready to go to the MDR for a leisurely breakfast.

Also ... Not carrying a purse on board the ship for the length of the cruise.:)

We've been blessed with great tablemates on every cruise but the Alaska (which had an ok group but they seldom came to the MDR). Most of our tablemates have been well traveled on land and sea and the discussions have been wonderful. Our bucket list grew by leaps and bounds after each cruise.

At home I have a lot of responsibilities ... on the cruise it's my time to be pampered. We even tell our grown son (who watches our house and feeds our cat) that unless we can do something about a problem from where we are - save any bad news for our return :):)

As someone said, Happiness IS the sea! The feel of the ship as we move, the views of endless ocean or crowded ports, the blissful sleep and gentle (mostly) awakening shudder of the engines stopping.....love it all!

The moment that rivals that first step aboard comes on about the 4th day of the cruise, when you have been ashore all day in some hot, dirty, very foreign port.

As you walk back up the gangway all thirsty, hungry and worn out, you see that sign that says "Welcome Home" and you know that it is great to be HOME!

So many of the previous posts work for me too. But my happiness is when either my DH says go ahead and pick a cruise, or gives me a surprise one. I love planning and exploring the ports, ships and activities so that's my happiness. Then arriving at the city of our port and checking into the hotel and the sense of calm that overcomes me seals the deal, knowing in hours I will be cruising off and enjoying each and every experience of the cruise.

Lots of happiness moments!!:D