To 'Kilt' or not to Kilt, that is the question

Usually Bob just brings a dress blazer and flannels for formal nights and is within the norm for dress. For the first time we can drive to embarkation port and I'd like him to wear his kilt. (The one other time he wore it, we had to pay $75 overweight luggage charges)

We haven't seen a kilt on any line recently. It's a fall New England b2b. Since everything is now more 'casual dress' for formal nights or non enforced dress, I wonder if he'd stand out like a peacock.

Should I encourage him to be 'bloody bold and resolute'

Ruth

We've seen gents wear their kilts and they look great.

You will see kilts in Halifax Terminal and the pipers who welcome the ship and pipe the ship away at sailaway always have their plaids.

I also vote for the kilt..:):) I too think they look fantastic in their kilts..

But warn you, your DH will stand out!

Yes, he will get stares -AND LOTS OF APPROVING SMILES. People like to see old customs continued and will be happy for him. We have seen kilts on some cruises - remember a lot on a Baltic cruise as lots were from the UK.

Especially appropriate for a Canada cruise. Dress tends to be a little more formal than some other destinations.

Usually Bob just brings a dress blazer and flannels for formal nights and is within the norm for dress. For the first time we can drive to embarkation port and I'd like him to wear his kilt. (The one other time he wore it, we had to pay $75 overweight luggage charges)

We haven't seen a kilt on any line recently. It's a fall New England b2b. Since everything is now more 'casual dress' for formal nights or non enforced dress, I wonder if he'd stand out like a peacock.

Should I encourage him to be 'bloody bold and resolute'

Ruth

Absolutely encourage him! I say go for it.:)

Saw a couple on my last ship; they are unique! By all means, go for it!

But watch the sgian-dubh, or your luggage might get a trip to the naughty room. :)

On our RCCL Bermuda cruise in February there were 2 different groups where the men wore kilts .... and dashing they were :D

Kilt all the way...nothing nicer...but I am VERY biased:

ry%3D400

DH received a few catcalls from some very distinguished ladies (when I wasn't around).

DD and I wore our sashes in different tartans for my family.

Kilt all the way...nothing nicer...but I am VERY biased:

ry%3D400

DH received a few catcalls from some very distinguished ladies (when I wasn't around).

DD and I wore our sashes in different tartans for my family.

Nice!