Requesting an egg crate for your bed.

lovevacadays

I just did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. In the past I either faxed or emailed a request for an egg crate for my mattress. They were always in my room upon arrival. Anyone have a fax or email address I can send a request to?

I just did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. In the past I either faxed or emailed a request for an egg crate for my mattress. They were always in my room upon arrival. Anyone have a fax or email address I can send a request to?

Michelle here's the last phone number I used:

Special Services

661-753-0182

On the Golden Princess in March I called Princess to preorder one of their comfortable new pillowtop mattress pads. Unfortunately it didn't show on their computers however when we arrived our steward provided it for us. It is so much better than the old eggcrate mattress pads & almost as good as the pillowtop mattresses on the Royal Princess. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

When I called a few weeks before our cruise, they said they didn't have any available. When we got on board we asked our attendant and he got immediately. I will say that it was the thinnest egg crate we have ever had. It was about one inch thick.

Fax Transmittal Form

To: Princess Cruises

ATTN: Special Services

Number of Pages: 1

Fax: 661 284 4885

Please request cabin steward place an egg-crate mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

Passenger: Booking Number: Voyage Number: Ship’s Name: Date:

Cabin Number: Thank You

Edited by Stevesan

Fax Transmittal Form

Please request cabin steward place an egg-crate mattress topper and a top sheet on queen arrangement bed.

This is great!! When do you normally send this in? We aren't going until December and I've always asked the room steward in the past, but on our last cruise we were told they didn't have anymore.

Thanks!!

It can be hit or miss with the egg crate toppers. As they have replaced the mattresses on several of the ships, I find I no longer need one. Of course, I could sleep on concrete and be perfectly happy. The pillows, on the other hand... ugh.

If you're at the port a day ahead of your cruise, you can usually pick one up at Kmart or someplace like that very inexpensively. That way, you know you'll have one---and it will be clean and fresh!. We just leave it at the end. It's worth $14 to be comfy!

I request one when we make our book our cruise. We book directly through 800-Princess. It used to show up on your travel summary. Maybe, it still does, but things do change so I'm not sure if it still does.

Special Services

661-753-0182

On the Golden Princess in March I called Princess to preorder one of their comfortable new pillowtop mattress pads. Unfortunately it didn't show on their computers however when we arrived our steward provided it for us. It is so much better than the old eggcrate mattress pads & almost as good as the pillowtop mattresses on the Royal Princess. :)

Thanks Frank. I forgot about reading your post about the pillow top mattress pads. I'm going to call Monday and order one.

Fax Transmittal Form

I forgot about the top sheet issue on Princess. I definitely want a top sheet!

Special Services

661-753-0182

Do all the beds on The Royal Princess have the pillowtop mattresses?

We've only cruised 3 times so far (with the next two booked) but each time we have slept great.

Not sure if we are just lucky or just not picky. Whatever it is I'm glad. ;)

Great information the mattress on Grand Princess was terrible in March ,awesome cruise and ship .We sail again on Grand in September and will Fax in my request tomorrow.

Thank You.

My experience is they asked me to submit my request no earlier than 30 days in advance. Princess HQ said they have to email requests to the ship & if they do it more than 30 days in advance the ship often misplaces the requests. Obviously others will have different experiences but that is what I was told to do.

Requested a robe each time we've cruised. So far, no robe. I've read numerous posts stating that the robes are worthless but, even if they are worthless, as long as they have a specific place of line to request one the dang thing should be there.

It seems to me that advance requests are often ignored.

Requested a robe each time we've cruised. So far, no robe. I've read numerous posts stating that the robes are worthless but, even if they are worthless, as long as they have a specific place of line to request one the dang thing should be there.

It seems to me that advance requests are often ignored.

Unfortunately completing the preferences in the Cruise Personalizer is useless...drinks, fruit, robes, etc. Robes are laundered on turnaround day & if you don't receive one by the 2nd day ask your cabin steward & you should get robes. They are very thin & sometimes very short and like so many other things not like years ago when cruises were more expensive.

I just got off the phone with Princess, asking about an egg crate topper for our Aug. 19 cruise. After a brief hold he told me they were already all taken for my booking but that I could contact the purser's desk once on board. So I'm hoping that avenue works for us, since we found the bed on the Star Princess in April to be rock hard!