Taking Wine and Water on board

Dorset Cruiser

I just got off the phone with a Celebrity Rep. (7/15/14) who told me the following. You can bring 2, 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom. You can also bring bottled water with the caveat that you bring a reasonable number of bottles for the number of days you're cruising. And finally, he said you CAN'T bring Coke or Coke products because they are served onboard Celebrity ships. Otherwise, you can bring sodas...again with the advice that the number of sodas are a reasonable number for the number of days you are cruising. He said to use common sense. Now, I hope we don't all debate how many is a reasonable number of sodas and bottled water :)

I just got off the phone with a Celebrity Rep. (7/15/14) who told me the following. You can bring 2, 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom. You can also bring bottled water with the caveat that you bring a reasonable number of bottles for the number of days you're cruising. And finally, he said you CAN'T bring Coke or Coke products because they are served onboard Celebrity ships. Otherwise, you can bring sodas...again with the advice that the number of sodas are a reasonable number for the number of days you are cruising. He said to use common sense. Now, I hope we don't all debate how many is a reasonable number of sodas and bottled water :)

Hi,

No debate about what is reasonable...but I do wonder if the Rep would be able to explain why one can bring on bottles of water then, since they sell bottled water on board, and even have a Water Beverage Package for sale ?!:confused:...or do we have to enquire ahead of time to find out what bottled water is currently being sold on the ship ??!!:D

Just FYI, the official Celebrity poster on here has posted before, in reference to this topic, and confirmed that there is no policy regarding sodas and water being brought on board .

This is not a slight against your post, or what you were told...just pointing out what Celebrity has said on here.

Woody

I called them today and asked and was told that yes water yes 2 bottles wine per stateroom and yes soda if not the brand they have. I asked which brand they have and they said Coke products ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I really wouldn't bother bringing water on board a ship. Even if you don't want to spend the money for bottled water or sparkling water, in my experience the water right out of the tap on ships tastes just fine. Fill a water bottle and put it in your mini fridge to chill (have the cabin steward empty the mini-bar when you arrive) and you are all set.

I really wouldn't bother bringing water on board a ship. Even if you don't want to spend the money for bottled water or sparkling water, in my experience the water right out of the tap on ships tastes just fine. Fill a water bottle and put it in your mini fridge to chill (have the cabin steward empty the mini-bar when you arrive) and you are all set.

When in Europe we buy a 6-pack of those 1.5 litre bottles and bring them on board by putting some duct tape to secure them better and add a luggage tag. They always seem to appear in our stateroom on embarkation. My wife uses them by pouring a packet of crystal lite in for her drink du jour.