price drop?

Does RCCL ever have any price drop's, I've been on a few of there cruises and never received one yet. But when I go on other cruise lines I seem to make out good with some drops.

Yes, they still have price drops. We got a couple due the the recent sale they held for 1/2 off the second guest.

Does RCCL ever have any price drop's, I've been on a few of there cruises and never received one yet. But when I go on other cruise lines I seem to make out good with some drops.

RCI frequently has price drops on many ships and itineraries. Two of our currently booked cruises have had decreases that we have taken advantage of since we first booked them.

The policy is that once a cruise is booked, you are locked in against price increases but should the price decrease before final payment, you can take advantage of the lower price.

Should the price decrease after final payment, as long as there is a resulting payment made by you and the price decrease is not restricted to new bookings only, you can move up to a higher category that now has an attractive price due to the decreased price. However you will not receive any credit for pricing decreases within your category after final payment.

You do need to contact your TA or RCI if booked directly to request the new decreased pricing - it is not given automatically.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It stinks because u watch and see they will have a law enforcement discount after my final payment date. I love how carnival gives you credit if u book early saver all the way up to 2 days before sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It stinks because u watch and see they will have a law enforcement discount after my final payment date. I love how carnival gives you credit if u book early saver all the way up to 2 days before sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Specific to RCI, if you go to their website under "Plan a Cruise", "Search for a Cruise", "Advanced Search", the second box down on the left side entitled "Exclusive Savings" that when the applicable boxes - such as law enforcement - are checked will show all upcoming cruises offering those discounts.

Some itineraries may offer them later, but this will provide advance notice for those that already have it in place.

As I understand it the "early saver" program with CCI comes with certain restrictions which include non-refundable deposits and administrative charges for changes made to reservations under the program. IMO RCI is more flexible with their reservations while still allowing you to benefit from price decreases.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We noticed a price drop of $200 p/p about 3 weeks after final payment. 4 of us in 2 inside cabins.

We called and as mentioned got bumped up to a ocean view with balcony.

Lost the $50 p/c obc. But still happy with the deal.

Yes............ I use a cruise monitoring site that I set up which sailing to monitor & it emails me when there is one............................. there are many out there... Google it. Have ALWAYS had a price drop since using it. ALWAYS.

RCCL constantly have price drops. You need to monitor them daily as they can show up just for a day or even just for a few hours Others will last for days. they typically are offered after final payment and/or closer to sailing.