Barbados, St Lucia, St Johns, St Maarten OR St Croix, St Kitts, Dominica, Grenada?

Which of Celebrity's Southern Caribbean itineraries is better for enjoying nature?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Celebrity's Southern Caribbean itineraries is better for enjoying nature?

• Barbados, St. Lucia, St. John's and St. Maarten
    • St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica and Grenada

Greetings everyone! My wife and I are debating between two different Southern Caribbean itineraries and would appreciate any advice and insight everyone can provide. Both are on Celebrity's Summit, depart from Puerto Rico, include St. Thomas, and sail in October/November, so the only difference is the ports...

Option A - Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten

Option B - St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada

My wife and I are 35, very active, and love the outdoors. Ideally we'd like to go ATV riding, hiking, horseback riding, and scuba diving. We have zero interest in shopping and really want to focus on enjoying and exploring the natural beauty the islands can provide. So what do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance for any suggestions everyone provides!

Have only been to Dominica in the B group but it is gorgeous and heavily forested and sparsely populated so a nice change from the typical Caribbean islands.

Have been to all 4 of group A and there are plenty of active options on each. PLUS the penultimate view of the Caribbean (and we've been to 19 islands) is from a point called Shirley Heights on Antigua. The water is at least 8 different colors from up there. Just like a travel poster. I'd do that itinerary again just to go back up there.

Tough choice as both itineraries are great. Personally, I'd choose option B but that's just because it has 3 ports we haven't visited yet, plus Dominica which is one of our favorites. Wish I could give you a more definitive answer but you really can't go wrong either way.

Voted for Option B because Dominica is so wild and beautiful. It is important to have an organized excursion there as the roads are narrow and winding and a good driver and guide are needed.

Agree! The roads are awful as they often are in lesser traveled places. Worth seeing and enjoying while it's still "lesser traveled". ;)

LuLu

We've been to all of those islands, except St. Croix, and it's a tough choice. I think either itinerary is great, with an edge to B because of Dominica and Grenada, two of our favorite islands.

Dominica is perhaps our favorite of all the Caribbean islands--lots to do and wonderful scenery.

I also voted for Dominica, Grenada and St. Croix. There is more of nature to see and enjoy in those islands. They are somewhat more natural and a little less built than choice "A".

They are both good itineraries IMO