Aqua class vs concierge vs verandah

Avalon35

There are no special things outside of the cabin. And no difference in grats. A Concierge cabin gets you an apple a day and an extra Capt Club point.

Wallie,:)...CC class does get foot stools on their balconies too.

Regular balconies do not.

Since many on this thread have mentioned the larger balconies on the hump, here's my question. We have booked various Celebrity trips, but have never yet been able to get one of those cabins. Everybody seems to know about them (well, lots of folks anyway), and they are always gone by the time we show up. How far in advance did those who have scored one book? Is there some sort of wait list if one comes available?

These cabins are spread out over many levels of cabins. There are 10 on the port and 10 on the starboard side of decks 6,7,8,and 9. 8 per side on deck 10, 6 per side on deck 11, and 4 per side on deck 12 on the Equinox. Theses are the 194 sq ft balcony cabins, and does not include suites. How do I know? I just counted them.

So it will all depend on what class of cabin you want to sail in. There are always some that come back for sail at final when TA's release inventory back, and people cancel.

ps: I only counted the hump angle cabins, not the couple on each deck that are aft.

Edited by wallie5446

I guess I'm in the minority. I like Concierge, I like the location & I like the footstools & I like the extra Captains club point. We do get hump balconies (book a year out) I've done Aqua, not impressed, only liked Blu for breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Lois!

Oh we both didn't mention the wonderful 2 stalks of flowers either:eek:

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic:eek:.....I was just pointing out AQ and

CC have footstools on their balconies......regular balconies don't.

I guess I'm in the minority. I like Concierge, I like the location & I like the footstools & I like the extra Captains club point. We do get hump balconies (book a year out) I've done Aqua, not impressed, only liked Blu for breakfast.

I like CC too if it is within my budget. I have booked all 3 over the years

as well. I booked a CC cabin for my upcoming cruise.....I booked it a

while ago and I know it was low...(I sail solo) and I was really, really

happy with price:D.....I remember almost doing a happy dance;)

We have not sailed on an M-class, so have no knowledge. But on the S-class all the C1 are aft, the C2 on the hump on 12 are under the pool:eek: there are some C2 hump on 10 & 9. All C3 are on the flat. Only difference in location with a standard balcony is the deck.

Wallie,:)...CC class does get foot stools on their balconies too.

Regular balconies do not.

....and really large bath towels, and fluffy robes and a bottle of bubbly which you can exchange for red/white

Just go into the Celebrity website and under "Plan your Cruise" click on Ships, then the one you are interested in, then Deck Plans.

The large balconies are the ones before and after the bumped out part--the ones that are on an angle--and they can be various categories depending on which floor they're on--standard veranda, CC or AQ. The ones with the bed by the bath have the square and/or triangle (indicating room for 3-4 pax). The cabins alternate bath/balcony/bath/balcony so once you determine the area you want to be in, just look for the squares and count from there--really easy to do.

Hope this helps.

I have booked a guarantee 2B cabin on Silhouette. I have been assigned a category 1A balcony cabin the second one on the angle side next to the HUMP on the 8th deck (Vista Deck). Is it an AQ cabin ? I believe it is an UPGRADE for me. I am very happy about that. Good luck. Cary:):):)

Aqua class aside....

Right now, Concierge class is less expensive than a regular balcony on the cruise I am considering (M class) due to a resident special. What are the advantages of concierge class? What if we have multiple cabins booked, but only one is concierge class - what can the people in that cabin do that the others can't? And, is there a difference in gratuities?

The Concierge Class cabins are a little larger on the M-class ships.

Also, CC gets the thicker, heavier bathrobes. They are very nice on cold weather cruises, but on warm weather cruises we exchange them for the lighter, waffle-weave robes.

You also get fluffier floor mats in the bathroom.

I think the bath towels are a little bigger too, but I never really paid any attention to them, as you can ask for as many additional towels as you need in any category cabin.

They also bring around canapes in the afternoon, that we pass on. You can usually get them to substitute some other items instead if you ask, but we prefer to get whatever snacks we want when we feel like having them, not have automatic daily delivery of any type of food, not even the apples.

I think they charged 50 cents per day pp additional for gratuities in Concierge.

As for a footstool, you can have one in any class cabin if you pick up a cheap, inflatable beach ball at a store in port. If you don't inflate it fully, it makes a nice footstool.

At one time concierge class received priority tender tickets, but I think they stopped doing that some time ago because there were too many categories of passengers receiving them.

But if you can get a concierge cabin for less than a regular cabin, or even at the same price, to me it would be worth it just for the slightly larger cabin -- unless you have booked a particular cabin for some feature you especially like that you would not want to lose.

Edited by fleckle

I have booked a guarantee 2B cabin on Silhouette. I have been assigned a category 1A balcony cabin the second one on the angle side next to the HUMP on the 8th deck (Vista Deck). Is it an AQ cabin ? I believe it is an UPGRADE for me. I am very happy about that. Good luck. Cary:):):)

Hi, a 1A is a regular cabin but the balconies are larger. AQ is A1 and A2

so no, you are not in Aqua.

Well if it's a 1A, it's NOT Aqua--but yes it is an upgrade over a 2B. Good job!

I dont mean to highjack this thread but can someone please tell me are Aqua Class cabins considered concierge level? Or is it strictly Concierge cabins that are considered concierge level?

Also, is there actually a Concierge for the concierge level cabins?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I dont mean to highjack this thread but can someone please tell me are Aqua Class cabins considered concierge level? Or is it strictly Concierge cabins that are considered concierge level?

Also, is there actually a Concierge for the concierge level cabins?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

So there is not a specific concierge 'level'. CC and AQ cabins are found on multiple floors. And no, there is no 'concierge' dedicated to the CC cabins--there is one for everyone on the ship. Be sure to examine the CC perks closely before selecting this cabin type and be sure they are worth it to you. Some are very nebulous, like 'priority' this and that. No one has ever found that to actually be a true benefit.

There are two potential worthwhile perks IMO. One is that on M class ships, the CC cabins are 15% larger; however, on S class, ALL the cabins from inside up to suites are identical.

The other perk is that you do get more points toward Elite status if that is of interest to you.

AQ has the benefit of being able to dine in Blu, its dedicated restaurant. Some swear by it, others are not as thrilled. We prefer dining at a large table and getting to know new friends, which you can't do in Blu in general because the tables are all 2 tops unless you come in with a larger party.

So there is not a specific concierge 'level'. CC and AQ cabins are found on multiple floors. And no, there is no 'concierge' dedicated to the CC cabins--there is one for everyone on the ship. Be sure to examine the CC perks closely before selecting this cabin type and be sure they are worth it to you. Some are very nebulous, like 'priority' this and that. No one has ever found that to actually be a true benefit.

There are two potential worthwhile perks IMO. One is that on M class ships, the CC cabins are 15% larger; however, on S class, ALL the cabins from inside up to suites are identical.

The other perk is that you do get more points toward Elite status if that is of interest to you.

AQ has the benefit of being able to dine in Blu, its dedicated restaurant. Some swear by it, others are not as thrilled. We prefer dining at a large table and getting to know new friends, which you can't do in Blu in general because the tables are all 2 tops unless you come in with a larger party.

As an additional clarification, it might be useful to mention that that Aqua cabins are the same size as the CC ones and consequently 15% larger than the other veranda cabins on the M class ships. Most (if not all) of the CC perks are also available on the Aqua cabins. The main differences of Aqua are the Blu privilege, Persian Garden access, a better shower and, according to Celebrity, better location. However, the best location might differ according to your own preferences and you should decide based on the available cabins on booking time.

As an additional clarification, it might be useful to mention that that Aqua cabins are the same size as the CC ones and consequently 15% larger than the other veranda cabins on the M class ships. Most (if not all) of the CC perks are also available on the Aqua cabins. The main differences of Aqua are the Blu privilege, Persian Garden access, a better shower and, according to Celebrity, better location. However, the best location might differ according to your own preferences and you should decide based on the available cabins on booking time.

'Better location' is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Our last 'better location' AQ cabin was on the deck below the pool. I would wonder better than what???:rolleyes: (but I did love it!)

'Better location' is indeed in the eye of the beholder. Our last 'better location' AQ cabin was on the deck below the pool. I would wonder better than what???:rolleyes: (but I did love it!)

Would you mind me asking, which ship and cabin number? We are on the Summit 9051 and hoping the Solarium isn't a noise issue.

I have been in all three types of cabins. I love AQ, but after many cruises in that category, no longer feel that it is worth a LOT of extra money. My second choice is Concierge and also feel that it is not worth a lot of extra money. That said, both of these may come up at a fair price after final payment. You have to watch. I would certainly not let not getting AQ keep me from booking the cruise. We were on this cruise on the Eclipse. Loved it. We were in AQ, but really did not have much time to appreciate the amenities. It is very port intensive, so you are off the ship a lot. Then, Perry Grant (the piano entertainer) was on board and we loved him, so we were there every night til late. We even missed a night in Blu, because we did not want to miss a performance. As for Blu, we like it for the service and attention, but would just as soon eat in the MDR, if we have a good waiter. Love breakfast in Blu. Use of spa facilities reserved for AQ depends on the ship. Sometimes the ship sells so many, it is getting more and more difficult to get in there. Love the foot stools in Concierge and AQ. If you are unable to get into AQ, you might try getting a Specialty dining package, for a break from MDR. On the Eclipse and other S class ships, there is little difference in cabins or balconies among these three classes of cabins (except for the "hump" cabins).

Lois

Will AQ class on the summit have foot stools? Thanks. Joyce

Hi:), I haven't been in AQ on Summit but as far as I know, all AQ

cabins have foot stools.

WE are new to Celebrity as well, Any info on Summit out of PR 7 night would be appreciated. Thank you. I did not see any entertainment (onboard) ie. shows etc, advertised in cruise description. Staying in Aqua Spa cabin.

Edited by Cruisenjimmar