Amenities in Concierge Class

Larainerenee

thanks -

Andy, the Celebrity info does not mention shower gel. I'm trying to minimize the packing.

No problem :) - Glad your question was answered !

There is no shower gel in CC staterooms. It is also not listed in Andy's link.

Used to be, but no more. :( Also, in April, in my CC stateroom I had to request an ice bucket so that I could receive daily ice "service"! They are really "scrimping on the old family recipe" these days!

Edited by gimletgal

Used to be, but no more. :( Also, in April, in my CC stateroom I had to request an ice bucket so that I could receive daily ice "service"! They are really "scrimping on the old family recipe" these days!

Yet they provide shampoo conditioner and body lotion , that doesn't make sense. I'm glad I saw this I'll pack extra shower gel

We had shower gel in a C2 on the Silhouette last May which was replenished everyday.

A quick word to the steward ensured we were topped up with ice twice a day.

The steward tries to meet you for a reason on the first day, ask and you shall have, except for flowers, we didn't get them.

We had shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion in our concierge class cabins on our 11 July cruise on the Solstice. In one room the amenities were replenished everyday. In the other, it was replenished for two days without further replenishment (inconsistent service was one of my gripes for that cruise).

I also bring my own toiletries, can't stand the cheap shower gel and hair products that are offered in many hotels (or on board) they tend to dry out my skin as they strip it of all the natural oils. Nothing worse than getting a reaction to cheap shower gel to spoil your day!:eek: That has happened to me, so now it's my own tried and trusted brands every time.

I was in concierge class this summer. Shower gel is in the cabins. You can also get it in the regular cabins by asking your cabin steward. They are now using a great product by Gilchrist & Soames. It is much better than that old lemon grass junk.

I was in concierge class this summer. Shower gel is in the cabins. You can also get it in the regular cabins by asking your cabin steward. They are now using a great product by Gilchrist & Soames. It is much better than that old lemon grass junk.

Agreed, the new products are perfectly fine for all but anyone who really feels they need to use a certain product only. In fact, they are better than most of what I buy at home:)

Just back from a C2 cabin on the Connie and we had shower gel. I brought a small bottle of my own for formal nights to match my perfume, but I really enjoyed the light herbal (but not grassy) shower gel andlotion they provided.

What I was very disappointed in was the lack of flowers in the room, indeed on the whole ship. My local favorite Thai joint manages to put a vase with a bud in it, I cant believe the starkness of Celebrity.

Edited by coolmom

Hi Beth:)....looks like quite a few people sailed in CC and did get shower

gel.....I was on Century in February and had it in my CC cabin too.

So, your no more? Must have been on your sailing only?:eek:....looking

above, others on Constellation did have it.

Edited by Lois R

I also bring my own toiletries, can't stand the cheap shower gel and hair products that are offered in many hotels (or on board) they tend to dry out my skin as they strip it of all the natural oils. Nothing worse than getting a reaction to cheap shower gel to spoil your day!:eek: That has happened to me, so now it's my own tried and trusted brands every time.

Funny how all of us are different...different skin and hair too:D

I find the ones on the ship just fine:)...they don't dry out my skin

or strip the oils;)

Nice to have choices....I prefer leaving all those toiletries at home

and have always been happy with the ship's products:D

Well, whatever brand X is using now, it has to be better than that ubiquitous blue "mystery" liquid in the shower dispensers on RC ships. Years ago, I remember asking my room steward if the blue stuff was shampoo, or body wash? He replied "yes". After that, I always packed my own toiletries. :eek:

However -- I did find a good use for the blue stuff. When I forgot my Woolite, it did a great job of washing out my bathing suits! ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

I got off the Equinox last week and they did have shower gel (and lotion, shampoo and conditioner). They come in tubes. I was in a regular room. Toiletries were replenished daily, and a chat with the steward endured fresh ice in the ice bucket am and pm.

I didn't like the scent of the toiletries though. Then again, I didn't like what they had on the Solstice last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app