Ruby v. Crown Alaska '15

klr6773

Hello everyone,

After many days of research ,I've narrowed down to Princess out of SEA next summer. Super excited,as it's a "no kids" trip! We are in Oregon,so we find it most cost effective to just stick to this itinerary so we can drive up.

I know so many people here seem to say the ships are sisters and therefore,the same...I can't help but notice that the reviews here show that the percentage of cruisers that "loved it" is Currently 85-76 percent in favor of Ruby. That's a pretty big difference.

The other consideration is CDC ship inspection scores. As a person who has worked with food one way or another most of my working life,I know food safety inspections well. Ruby scores very well in its history,with the last 3 being (99-100-100) while Crown has gone down the last three inspections (100-95-91). Not liking that pattern!

So...I guess I'm back to coin flipping..Crown does Glacier Bay,which the majority says is a "don't miss",but am I just over analyzing ? Has anyone been on both ships relatively recently? This is our first Princess sailing and my wife's first non Disney sailing. I want her to love it like she loved those!

Many thanks in advance for any input anyone wants to offer...

Even though I just disembarked the Ruby two weeks ago and thought the crew and staff were fabulous, and loved everything about the cruise (British Isles), I would still choose Glacier Bay over the other itinerary.

Don't let a few CDC statistics keep you worried on your vacation. I'm guessing most people booking cruises aren't even aware of the CDC reports.

Have a great cruise.

We have sailed on both and loved them. I'd choose the Glacier Bay itinerary over Tracy Arm if the price was the same.

It's less than $300 more for the Glacier Bay itinerary, which made it a lock for me..until I started over analyzing!

Sounds like everyone says go with itinerary over the ship,so that is what I will do. Wish Ruby did GB,then I wouldn't even think twice!

Many thanks!