New Explore 4 . Alaska 2015

midwest 852

Wow! We do this cruise every year, so I thought I should take a look, with all those price decreases and Explore4, too.

I see the HAL website quotes an H (lowest you have to book for the Explore4) at over 1300 per person for each 7 day segment. Since we have never paid more than 750 pp per segment, this is a lot for some drinks! So we'll pass.

Glad you got those price decreases!

We booked the Noordam for May 2015 B2B several months ago and received the Admiral's Pkg (three bottles of wine and two PGs) each week.

The recently announced Explorer Package would not benefit us since we are not into alcoholic beverages. In fact our six free bottles of wine will be donated to friends we meet on board.

We booked the Noordam for May 2015 B2B several months ago and received the Admiral's Pkg (three bottles of wine and two PGs) each week.

The recently announced Explorer Package would not benefit us since we are not into alcoholic beverages. In fact our six free bottles of wine will be donated to friends we meet on board.

That's very nice of you to share your wine.

You might want to check it out anyway as the new Explorer Package includes free Pinnacle Dinner and for suites $300 obc and free Canaletto Dinner.:cool:

We booked the Statendam 14day Alaska for June 2015, 2 weeks ago. Today our TA notified us we got the entire Explorer Package. :D

• 2 months later...

I've got an Alaska cruise on courtesy hold at the moment. I booked a guarantee signature suite.

The documents do show $200 on board credit, which is for the National Cruise Week special that started today. I don't see anything about Explore 4 though; is this normal? I should be getting bev packages, pinnacle dinner, canaletto dinner, and another $300 OBC shouldn't I? A Signature Suite counts as a suite, doesn't it?

They also want $1200 deposit, which hardly strikes me as reduced deposit. The terms say Explore 4 and National Cruise week special are combinable, so I am confused.

I've got an Alaska cruise on courtesy hold at the moment. I booked a guarantee signature suite.

The documents do show $200 on board credit, which is for the National Cruise Week special that started today. I don't see anything about Explore 4 though; is this normal? I should be getting bev packages, pinnacle dinner, canaletto dinner, and another $300 OBC shouldn't I? A Signature Suite counts as a suite, doesn't it?

They also want $1200 deposit, which hardly strikes me as reduced deposit. The terms say Explore 4 and National Cruise week special are combinable, so I am confused.

Sounds like you are not getting Explore4. Did you verify this at the time of your booking? You should be able to tell from the website if Explore4 is offered on your cruise.

I don't understand your question. You state you have a cruise on courtesy hold and also that you "booked" a GTY Signature Suite, and that your documents show $200 OBC. Do you mean you have a cruise on hold, but haven't booked it yet?

If that is the case, and you do book the cruise, HAL will send out a separate confirmation copy listing the Explore 4 benefits. The additional $300 OBC doesn't show up on my HAL Guest Confirmation copy for our cruise in May of next year. It didn't on our cruise in May this year either.

The $1,200 seems a lot for a deposit. We have a TA at a large online agency that only requires $100 PP for most HAL cruises. We have B2B cruises booked in Pinnacle Suites, and one was secured with a Future Cruise Deposit and the other was $100 PP deposit.

Edited by kjw869

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

The cruise did have Explore 4 offered. I did a booking but because I was unsure about the details I set it as courtesy hold instead of making a deposit.

The higher deposit makes me think Explore 4 wasn't applied. I guess I will have to call them.

I did the same on monday, put one on courtesy hold and went back on tues and confirmed it. I went to the exlpore 4 page clicked on the "see sailings" found the one I wanted and placed it on hold with the room I wanted. I than on tues called to verify before placing any deposit what the explore 4 entailed and she explained everything t me than I asked what the deposit would be and it was 350.00 total for the two of us. Mine is booked for jan 31 so its out a bit but no where near your deposit. Maybe give them a call to verify. Also when I put it on hold there was a 300 OBC for neptune suites also but when I called her on tues she said because of the special it was 500 OBC. So we ended up with a pretty good deal.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

The cruise did have Explore 4 offered. I did a booking but because I was unsure about the details I set it as courtesy hold instead of making a deposit.

The higher deposit makes me think Explore 4 wasn't applied. I guess I will have to call them.

MaxThrusters, let us know the outcome of your booking. The deposit sounds excessive. The most I've ever paid for a deposit when booking through HAL is $200 PP. After I get all the promos and OBC, I transfer to our TA where I get anywhere from 11-15% discount.

Which cruise did you inquire about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.

Hi everyone! We called HAL up and got it sorted! Only $382CDN deposit (but we have not put on our usual platinum protection plan just yet). Sailing to Alaska on 16 May 2015 on the ms Noordam.

We got the Explore 4, including the $300 OBC for booking a guar SY, PLUS the $200 obc for National Cruise Week. Hopefully we can tack on another $100 obc from a future cruise booking when we sail this December.

The lower sig suites were already sold-out it seems. Explore 4 includes signature beverage packages, pinnacle, and canaletto dinners. I think this cruise will also push us into 3-star mariner too.

Cheers!

Hi everyone! We called HAL up and got it sorted! Only $382CDN deposit (but we have not put on our usual platinum protection plan just yet). Sailing to Alaska on 16 May 2015 on the ms Noordam.

We got the Explore 4, including the $300 OBC for booking a guar SY, PLUS the $200 obc for National Cruise Week. Hopefully we can tack on another $100 obc from a future cruise booking when we sail this December.

The lower sig suites were already sold-out it seems. Explore 4 includes signature beverage packages, pinnacle, and canaletto dinners. I think this cruise will also push us into 3-star mariner too.

Cheers!

Thanks for coming back! That deposit sounds better than the $1,200! We'll be on the cruise before you, embarking on the ship in San Diego for the 4-Day cruise before our May 9th cruise! Noordam is one of our favorite HAL ships. We we were on her in January/February for an 11-day cruise.

Hope you have a wonder cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.