How about irons?????

foxrayj

On Rivera Tuesday, first time on Oceania.... can anyone comment on the use of irons? Should I bring one, they provide....?

There are irons in each laundry and you may not bring your own. No problem using them whenever the laundry rooms are open.

Go to the Guest Services, FAQ section of the Oceania website. In the “Before You Go” menu, the answer to “Can I bring my travel iron” is “Travel irons cannot be used due to the fire hazard they can pose. “

Don

Edited by neepawa

• 1 month later...

I do not think there is a cruise line that allows you to bring your own iron. Many lines do not offer access to irons, while Oceania does.

As for the thought of bringing your own. You need to know that the wiring is not designed for that kind of current draw, and there is a real risk of fire. For the majority of people that think that the biggest danger at sea is sinking, let me assure you that the biggest danger, by far, is fire. The last thing you want when you are at sea is a substantial fire in the cabin areas, and the next to last thing is a fire that you caused!

Last time I used an iron on Rivieria the irons were the lovely "ironing stations" or whatever you call them with really good heat and steam control. I never had a problem finding a free iron / ironing board in the laundry when I needed one... actually come to think of it I might have been the only one using the irons! Laundry rooms close at 7pm I think and open at 7am.

Last time I used an iron on Rivieria the irons were the lovely "ironing stations" or whatever you call them with really good heat and steam control. I never had a problem finding a free iron / ironing board in the laundry when I needed one... actually come to think of it I might have been the only one using the irons! Laundry rooms close at 7pm I think and open at 7am.

They closed at 9 or 10 pm on our cruise

I rarely have seen anyone using the irons

I did see someone using the iron while on board last week while I did a load of laundry. An attendant was always in the room and was assisting her with the iron as well as very helpful to me...cleaned up detergent I spilled:(, put my dollars in for coins, handed me a laundry basket to use and put in an extra coin for me when he thought the dryer didn't have enough time on it. He even handed me a map of the city we were touring the next day. Detergent is provided. Great laundry room experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mom2, was this on Oceania?

I've never seen an attendant in the laundry room whether to help with change or how to put detergent in. It's always been other passengers who help ...

Maybe this is a new development! It sure wasn't in place on our May/June cruise on MARINA.

Mura

I did see someone using the iron while on board last week while I did a load of laundry. An attendant was always in the room and was assisting her with the iron as well as very helpful to me...cleaned up detergent I spilled:(, put my dollars in for coins, handed me a laundry basket to use and put in an extra coin for me when he thought the dryer didn't have enough time on it. He even handed me a map of the city we were touring the next day. Detergent is provided. Great laundry room experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Attendant? In the laundry room on O? Are you sure?

It's a kind of a self-help group in my experience.

I love all the talk about ironing. We don't own anything that needs to be ironed. There's a sense of freedom in that. LOL

If it was a member of staff they do go & clean the laundry rooms ... maybe you just happened to be there at the same time

Unlikely they were a assigned there