Laundry Service on Summit

josie724

X (nor RCI, though Azamara does) does not have laundry rooms for guest use. They do of course have laundry service for fee like most hotels, do, a laundry bag in cabin with price list.

Here's a good resource for those looking for ships with self serve laundry.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1614

Lines WITH self-serve Laundry:

• Azamara
  • Carnival
  • Crystal
  • Cunard
  • Disney
  • Oceania
  • Princess
  • Regent Seven Seas
  • Seabourn
  • Uniworld Boutique River Crusie Collection

Lines WITHOUT Self Serve Laundry:

• AmaWaterways
  • Avalon Waterways
  • Celebrity
  • Costa
  • Island Windjammers
  • Lindblad Expeditions
  • MSC
  • NCL
  • Paul Gaugin Cruises
  • Royal Caribbean
  • Windstar

Lines with Some ships WITH and Others WITHOUT-See the link above for more info:

• American Cruise Lines
  • Holland America
  • Viking

Thank you, I know I can't bring an iron on board so I guess I will resort to plan B....Downy wrinkle reducer and a blow dryer or my flat iron....(don't laugh, it works)....I'm a bit OCD with having freshly pressed clothes. I will also try rolling everything in our suitcase so they don't wrinkle much. Luckily we are in NY so I can pack everything the morning of our departure.

And yes, I am cheap, I'm not paying to have everything pressed. I guess I was spoiled when we sailed with HAL, we had free laundry service.

Edited by josie724

Thank you, I know I can't bring an iron on board so I guess I will resort to plan B....Downy wrinkle reducer and a blow dryer or my flat iron....(don't laugh, it works)....I'm a bit OCD with having freshly pressed clothes. I will also try rolling everything in our suitcase so they don't wrinkle much. Luckily we are in NY so I can pack everything the morning of our departure.

And yes, I am cheap, I'm not paying to have everything pressed. I guess I was spoiled when we sailed with HAL, we had free laundry service.

Well Josie -- you definitely know the drill -- once you get to Elite on X, you get some free laundry/pressing services, as well. Since we've always cruised on X or RC, we've gotten used to the idea of no laundry room -- and yes, the laundry service can get a bit pricey, if you have to pay for everything.

A couple of anti-wrinkle tricks you may already know about:

-- Pack everything hanging in your garment bag with an individual plastic dry-cleaning bag. They weigh practically nothing, and don't take up much room -- but, it really cuts down on the wrinkles.

-- A similar trick that I learned from watching Martha Stewart: fold tissue paper into items, before you place them in your suitcase, helps to cut down on wrinkles, there.

-- And, of course, there's a clothesline in the showers (on Summit, at least), so you can "steam out" any minor wrinkles that do occur.

And, don't worry -- after three days in Bermuda, we're all going to be a little rumpled! :p

LOL Suzanne, yes I know the drill.....I think the rumpled part will come right after the "Wine tasting" (quotes, because we ALL know what that REALLY means) :D

Thanks for the packing tips, wasn't planning on bringing a garment bag, we don't plan on doing formal nights. But the other tips will help. I'm tellin ya, the blow dryer and wrinkle reducer spray method really works, you use the blow dryer like you would a steamer, and if you pull a bit on the clothing it helps.

I'd made my ripe old age w/o ever trying the "steam in the shower" trick. My significant other swears by it. So recently he put both his wrinkly tux and his wrinkly tux shirt in the shower and ran the water til that tiny bathroom was all steamy. He hung his clothes in there for 20 min or so and OH WOW! I was shocked.

But "JOISIE" ;) I always like my clothes to be wrinkly in the hope it distracts from the wrinkles in my face. :D

I'd made my ripe old age w/o ever trying the "steam in the shower" trick. My significant other swears by it. So recently he put both his wrinkly tux and his wrinkly tux shirt in the shower and ran the water til that tiny bathroom was all steamy. He hung his clothes in there for 20 min or so and OH WOW! I was shocked.

But "JOISIE" ;) I always like my clothes to be wrinkly in the hope it distracts from the wrinkles in my face. :D

You're too funny! OK will try the steam method, hmmmm maybe it may even work on my wrinkled face. :D 20 minutes for the tux, let's see......yeah 6 hrs should do the trick for my face, ;)

Edited by josie724

• 5 months later...

Read the FAQ section on Celebrity's website and you will find a section about the laundry and the prices. There is also a lot of other useful info that everyone should know.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I was wondering if there was a laundry area on each level? Or do they have a laundry service.

I always like to make sure my torn jeans and wifebeater are freshly pressed for formal nights. :eek::D

Here's the FAQ with the prices, I did notice there are no wifebeaters on the list so you will have to check with the Steward to see what the price is.

Edited by dkjretired

"Any suggestions in San Juan besides having ship laundry do it?"

Are you looking to find a laundromat? There won't be one very near the place where the ship docks.

During port calls, the ship docks in the Old San Juan area, but for embarkation/disembarkation you'll be in an industrial area, no housing around, and probably no laundromat.

You could always try to find a cab that will take you to one, and come retrieve you hours later when you're done doing your laundry, but probably you would be better off just having the ship do your laundry for you.

Know, however, that you can't turn in laundry on the first cruise and have it back to you on the second cruise. They stop accepting laundry about three days before the end of each cruise. They won't carry anything over.