Vines on the Star Princess, Food in General

Ken_W

I was doing a search through the forums looking for more information on the wine bar Vines and ran across a post that talked about tapas being available when a glass of wine is ordered; and one of the later posts said yes, there were tapas in your Vines, but the Vines I was at didn't have any.

So, does anyone who has been on board the Star Princess and visited Vines know if there are tapas available I like to keep lunch to a very light meal (pesky moderation!) and it sounds quite nice to me.

What about other venues that don't normally serve food but offer lunch options? I seem to recall that one of the bars did a pub lunch (or am I confusing one ship line with another?) Where on the ship do you like to go for a quiet, light lunch?

I was doing a search through the forums looking for more information on the wine bar Vines and ran across a post that talked about tapas being available when a glass of wine is ordered; and one of the later posts said yes, there were tapas in your Vines, but the Vines I was at didn't have any.

So, does anyone who has been on board the Star Princess and visited Vines know if there are tapas available I like to keep lunch to a very light meal (pesky moderation!) and it sounds quite nice to me.

What about other venues that don't normally serve food but offer lunch options? I seem to recall that one of the bars did a pub lunch (or am I confusing one ship line with another?) Where on the ship do you like to go for a quiet, light lunch?

There is normally a notice at the end of the bar of when and what tapas are served. They may even make enough in advance that you can ask the bar tender if they are available when you show up.

There were tapas available on my recent Star Princess cruise. I believe there was sushi available too.. Most sea days will have the pub lunch and that will be served in the Crown Grill. You can certainly get a light lunch from the International Café. There's hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza available on Lido deck near the main pool. 'Course there's the buffet and one of the MDR's will be open for lunch on sea days.

Not the Star but on the Grand recently we didn't have Tapas available either. Perhaps we were there at the wrong time. The Vines staff did go over to IC and bring us a small plate of assorted cheeses and such which was nice but, of course, I could have done that myself

Vines: Open form around 11am until around 11pm. Tapas and Sushi is available with the purchase on any drink, not just wine.

International Cafe:open 24 hours, serves paninis, soup, various salads, desserts. For breakfast serves danish, doughnuts, an Egg McMuffin type sandwich. Overnight has dried fruit, cheese, cookies, desserts.

Trident Grill open from 11am until 10 or 11pm serves burgers, dogs, brats, chicken, veggie burger, fries.

Prego Pizza, open 11am until 10/11pm, pizza by the slice.

Horizon Ct. Buffet open 6am until 11pm or midnight, serves everything.

Pub Lunch in Crown Grill a few times during the voyage, Fish & Chips and other British fare.

All of the above are at no extra charge.

We like the International Cafe for a light lunch, but so do many others. Quietest place, I think, for a light lunch is the DR which is open for lunch on sea days.

Because of the addition of Alfredo's on the Grand and the Sapphire, no tapas or sushi are offered at Vines on those ships. All other Vines should offer small bites with a drink purchase. We did enjoy tapas at Vines several times on our last cruise on her in 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Because of the addition of Alfredo's on the Grand and the Sapphire, no tapas or sushi are offered at Vines on those ships. All other Vines should offer small bites with a drink purchase. We did enjoy tapas at Vines several times on our last cruise on her in 2010.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Thank you. That would explain the lack of tapas and sushi on our Grand sailing in May.

We've been on ships where there were tapas/appies in the wine bar and other where they weren't normally offered. If you spend much time there and get to know the servers they will often rustle up something for you if you want.

For a quiet, light lunch we often either order room service or go to Horizon Court, pick up a plate of whatever, go back to our cabin and eat on the balcony.

Thanks from us too! No one could tell me why there wasn't any sushi or tapas at Vines on the Grand!!

Cheers, Denise

On the new Royal and brand new Regal, the sushi option is not available in Vines on 5 as there's a sushi bar upstairs on deck 7. Alfredo's is on deck 6, however, tapas is offered during certain hours in Vines as well. And as stated above, the bar staff will happily take a moment to go to the IC across on 5 should you be mid-bottle and need something to nosh on.