Booking next cruise while on a cruise

TeanneTX

We're going to be on the Silhoette in Oct of this year and now plan another Celebrity cruise in Dec '15. I've heard that Celebrity will give you an OBC on your present cruise if you book another one while onboard. Any idea if this is true. Also if you book this way, will you still get to take advantage of the specials and "deals" out there. Just wondering if this is a good idea.

Booked two cruises few weeks ago while onboard the Eclipse and while I got the drink package and OBC for the future cruises, there was no OBC added to the cruise I was on.

I would guess that if they did that everyone would book something only to cancel after the OBC was used....

Booked two cruises few weeks ago while onboard the Eclipse and while I got the drink package and OBC for the future cruises, there was no OBC added to the cruise I was on.

I would guess that if they did that everyone would book something only to cancel after the OBC was used....

OK-that does make sense. Thanks

Teanne

I've heard that Celebrity will give you an OBC on your present cruise if you book another one while onboard. Any idea if this is true. Also if you book this way, will you still get to take advantage of the specials and "deals" out there. Just wondering if this is a good idea.

We took advantage of this while on the Summit last week. We booked a British Isles cruise for August 2015 and got to pick 2 of the 123Go offers... plus, they gave us the amount of our deposit, $350, as an immediate OBC to use on the Summit. We already had existing OBC, so we did not go through all of the extra $350. The amount of OBC remaining was credited back to my credit card.

Nice deal!

When on board you can access all cruises for the RCCL brand on the internet for free in the computer room. Find the cruise you want and book on board. If you need to you can always transfer to another but you may lose the perks.

Happy sailing 🇺🇸🚢🚢🌅[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Yes, it is true. I was on Century in February and booked a cruise for

November. Received a nice OBC and they were running a promo too:)

Free drink package:D

When on board you can access all cruises for the RCCL brand on the internet for free in the computer room.

Happy sailing

This is a good tip! We booked when we were on the Summit a couple weeks ago, and my husband decided to book a 10 day instead of 7 for our next cruise It would have been more convenient to do a little research ourselves before stepping up to the sales desk.

OP: When we booked on the Summit, the amount of our next cruise deposit was the amount we earned for OBC ($200). This amount was credited to our on board account the next morning to use on our current cruise. If there was any surplus, it would be credited back to our credit card.

I am very very surprised to read some of the comments above. We were on the Celebrity Silhouette last month and we booked 2 future cruises (both on Royal Caribbean). While we did receive OBC of $100 (Allure, Caribbean, 7 night, Oceanview Balcony) and OBC of $150 (Quantum, Dubai-Singapore, Oceanview Balcony), we did not receive any OBC for the cruise we were on.

I tend to agree with A Sixth, one would just book future cruises to get OBC and then cancel it. Doesn't make sense to give out OBC on the current cruise unless the future cruise deposit was not refundable.

Also surprised to read that the amount of booking was given as immediate OBC! I would love to give a higher deposit if that resulted in a higher OBC on my current/ future cruise. I've always read and experienced that OBC is only dependent on the number of days of the cruise and the cabin class. And that too is not refundable.

Nick

It's true - was on summit earlier this month and booked repo cruise for 2015 - received choice of one perk from 123 go package as well as a reduced deposit of $150 for the future cruise. The $150 was then applied as instant credit on the cruise we were on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having never been offered and instant OBC credit if I book onboard let me get this straight.

Is the deposit for the future cruise the mount of the instant OBC? And is that deposit then non refundable?

All that is correct except I was under the impression it was all refundable as long as canceled at least 75 days before the cruise. I could be wrong about that part though.

So if offered instant OBC AND you can cancel 75 days before the upcoming cruise and get all your deposit back why would anyone NOT book something, anything to score some OBC and just cancel once your OBC is spent and you're home? :confused::p

Like I said, I'm not sure about the non refundable part. But I'm also not someone who would ever go through the trouble of standing in a line at the future cruise sales office while I could be enjoying the cruise I'm on if I wasnt actually planning on taking the cruise I was booking. Not worth it to me to go to all that trouble for $150.

We just came home from a cruise, booked a future cruise onboard and received our choice of the 123 promotion. Based on the cruise we reserved, we also received an OBC of $350.00 credited to the cruise we were on, and gave a nonrefundable deposit of $350.00, so if we decide to cancel it will be a wash.

One has to think that Celebrity has at least four different marketing departments and they are forbidden to talk to each other. Each runs their own specials and promotions with their own rules. There is another department dedicated to reading the rules to make sure that no two offers have the same terms and conditions.

Having said that, the offerings seem to change fairly often...be it 1-2-3, 1+2 or 1+3, 1-2-3-4, the on-board perks change and are combineable sometimes and sometimes not, although it's pretty consistent that you don't know what they are or aren't combineable with, and the stockholder benefit folks seem to make consistently inconsistent decisions.

Throw in the AMEX and perhaps some other benefits that are marketed as coming from AMEX, but then stockholder credit isn't given because part of the AMEX offer comes from celebrity....or your TA fare may or may not be combinable with something because there are multiple group rate codes which you never see.

Did I mention that if you are looking for the current rates to see if they've gone down, the celebrity site occasionally shows only special TA fares...and if you call, they tell you those aren't the fares used for price adjustments.

Now, given the above, would you like to ask your question again...and please include the person you will be speaking to on what ship on what day :)

(it's not quite as bad as I've portrayed, but it's really hard for anyone to keep track of fares, bonuses, combineability, low price protections and so on)

We just came home from a cruise, booked a future cruise onboard and received our choice of the 123 promotion. Based on the cruise we reserved, we also received an OBC of $350.00 credited to the cruise we were on, and gave a nonrefundable deposit of $350.00, so if we decide to cancel it will be a wash.

That makes sense... we would have liked that if it'd been offered... we always cruise the particular cruise time we book onboard so very unlikely to cancel.

Edited by A Sixth?

This is actually genius on their part.

Here's the way I understand it. I book a cruise while on board, the deposit which used to be $100 per person is now the amount of the OBC that your selected category would get for your length of cruise. Let's say $200.

I give them my credit card for the $200 for the deposit. They give me an instant OBC of $200 to use on the cruise I'm on. If I don't use the OBC then it will be credited back to my credit card. So, what they are betting on is that I'll use up that $200 for whatever(drinks, tours, spa) because human nature being what it is we look at it as free money. They then charge my credit card $200 for the deposit. Then we have a non refundable deposit on the next cruise. They have locked us into going on that cruise or another, no option to cancel, unless you lose money of course.

Since I already used my OBC for booking onboard, once I go on this future cruise I'll get no free spending so I will have to book another to get any OBC.

Did I get this about right?

We're going to be on the Silhoette in Oct of this year and now plan another Celebrity cruise in Dec '15. I've heard that Celebrity will give you an OBC on your present cruise if you book another one while onboard. Any idea if this is true. Also if you book this way, will you still get to take advantage of the specials and "deals" out there. Just wondering if this is a good idea.

I booked in May 2014 on board the silhouette. Got PYP drink package on my booking, the 1 category upgrade on that booking and got 250 OBC on the MAY cruise I was on.

So yes, it is being done - just not sure their rules about which sailings....

OK...how about this.

Can I make a deposit that is more than the minimum and get the immediate OBC?

If I put down a deposit of $1000 can I get an OBC for my current cruise of equal value? Anyone try that yet?

Thanks,

MrJulius

We had OBC of $675 on our 14 day cruise of the Baltic. We booked a cruise for next year, received 2 of the 123 promos and an upgrade. Also, we were given $400 OBC. It was transferred to a TA and got another $275 from her. This was with $200 down pp. for a seven day cruise. We didn't need any more OBC on our present sailing and came home with $300. Amazing what is offered and how it changes so fast to. We actually upgraded while onboard and received a cheaper price! (?)

This didn't make any sense to us, but nonetheless, we took it! So, I will come home with $275 and enjoy the spa twice

Edited by Lastdance

Just read this from Celebrity's recently changed policy for onboard bookings:

Special Update: Onboard Solstice, Eclipse, Constellation, Silhouette, Equinox, and Summit, the benefit of up to $500 with a Cruise Now booking is being given to you during your current cruise. Guests are enjoying instant Onboard Credits during this voyage and 123Go for their next voyage. Just something new we've begun to roll out on the fleet. It's going very well and guests are very excited to not only book their next reservation, but to get the instant OBC to spend on Tours, Gift Shops, Spa, Specialty Restaurants and more.

We will be cruising Oct. 2014 on Infinity and wanting to book another Infinity cruise for 2015 but it looks as though we won't be able to take advantage of the above type obc since Infinity is not listed as one of the ships included in this offer. Am I reading this correctly???

Has anyone heard from X if this offer will be changed to include other ships soon?

Edited by shoesonfire