Best time to book Princess?

ckelly14

I currently have an Alaska cruise booked on Royal's Radiance of the Seas June 2015 for my immediate family and my parents (6 total). My parents inquired about a land tour through the cruise (not my preference). When my TA inquired with Royal, she was told I would need to entirely re-book my cruise, which has increased $800 pp since my initial booking.

On another CCer's suggestion, I started to look at a land/sea package through Princess for my parents. Through another website that will be left nameless, I noticed that Princess' prices have not changed since they were released. Indeed, historical information suggests that many of these cruises decrease over time. This got me wondering when the best deals could be had for Princess.

Anyone know when the best deals for Princess come out? I guess I can always book now and watch for price drops...

Edited by ckelly14

Anyone know when the best deals for Princess come out? I guess I can always book now and watch for price drops...

Princess historically has some of the best pre and post cruise land excursions in Alaska. They are package priced, so you just can't book the cruise and then add the land portion without re-booking. With that said, if you see the cruisetour package you like you can book it now. Providing there is no exclusionary fine print which is rare, you can get the lower price, or a better promo should one be offered, up to the time of final payment. You have to keep watching and stay in touch with the T.A. If you cancel prior to final payment you will receive a full refund of your deposit from Princess, again providing there are no special clauses in the booking. T.A.'s sometimes do charge a fee for cancellation.

I

For Alaska cruises, best pricing is usually 2-3 months before the start of the cruisetour with a big "if." If any spots on the tour are still available.

if you see the cruisetour package you like you can book it now. Providing there is no exclusionary fine print which is rare, you can get the lower price, or a better promo should one be offered, up to the time of final payment.

Often there will be a price reduction for the cabin category that was booked, but no price reduction for a cruisetour booked with the same cabin category. With the "law of supply and demand", there may be too little demand for cruise only and too much demand for the cruisetour.

In other words, I would not count on a price reduction for a cruisetour once it is booked.

Unless you can happen upon a sale after the final payment like we did a couple of years ago. We paid $2,000 less per person than the price Princess is charging for the equivalent tour next year.

Unless you can happen upon a sale after the final payment like we did a couple of years ago. We paid $2,000 less per person than the price Princess is charging for the equivalent tour next year.
For an Alaskan cruise tour? I'm very surprised as I really don't think cruise tour prices change.

For an Alaskan cruise tour? I'm very surprised as I really don't think cruise tour prices change.

When we did our Alaska cruisetour in 2012 we booked 121 days in advance of the tour and paid at least $1200 less per person than the regular pricing. We took the last two spots available for our tour.

Comparing prices for August 2015 sailing for that tour to the pricing we had in 2012, the tour part for 2015 is $1765 a person more than we paid in 2012. The cruise part in 2015 is $690 a person more than we paid in 2012.

So overall we paid about $4900 less comparing our 2012 pricing to 2015 pricing.

I know it is almost comparing apples to oranges to compare pricing for different years, but I think we accidentally lucked into a sale on the day we decided to look for the cruisetour.

Yes. We did five nights on land before the cruise. We started with two nights in Fairbanks, took the riverboat and gold dredge excursion, then the train down to Denali the third day. Our tour included the Natural History Tour. We upgraded to the Tundra Wilderness Tour, so that was extra. Our fourth night was at the McKinley Lodge. The fifth was in Anchorage at the Captain Cook Hotel. On the way to Whittier, the tour stopped at a nature center where they had lots of rescued animals.

We booked an obstructed view guarantee. From what I see on the Princess website, an equivalent cruise tour next year about the same timeframe is over $3,000.

Princess Alaska cruise/land tours sell out hence the price staying the same.

Hello Fellow Colorado Cruiser

I am a Navy Veteran. I would like to put the Navy Seal and name of my ship on my posts but don't know how to do it. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks