getting worried about Navigator!

BTW. March cruise we had the drink package and June cruise we didn't. No difference in bar service. Actually in Jun when we were watching the NBA finals on the big screen by the pool there were no bar servers to be found. Had to go to the bar to get our drinks. No big deal but I think that might have been an opportunity missed by the ship!

My cruise is coming up at the end of August. I've been reading the boards and reviews and no one has many good things to say. I'm getting worried. Servers don't want to wait on you because of the new drink packages? Long lines for ice show tickets, long lines to embark and disembark, flow rider being used more by staff, food not great, the list goes on. Can someone tell me their GOOD experiences on Navigator?

Good review? This review was posted here on CC May 11th and stayed on the first page for a good 2 weeks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556'

Use the "search" function and type in "Navigator Review" and you'll see many. There were many others I had read immediately after the refurbishment to the time I posted the review above.

Hope it helps you. Have an awesome cruise :D

We cruised on the Jewell in April and it was kind of interesting after reading some reviews that the ship was tired looking and needed an update etc. etc. I TRIED to find out what the people were complaining about and thought the ship was fine! We even booked for next April! The only thing my hubby would complain about was there was no flowrider!!

If you are a hard to please person I'm sure you can find many things wrong with everything! But if you go on to enjoy yourself and remember the staff are just doing their jobs and I'm sure they get tired and grouchy sometimes just like the rest of us you should be fine!

Navigator is a great ship.

Enjoyed every minute of our cruise on her 2 yrs. ago, crew, food, entertainment were top class.

Have a great time on your cruise, and go with a positive frame of mind.....enjoyyyyyy.

I had to quit reading reviews on cruise critics too, they were so discouraging. I found the complaints some of this reviews had were not the opinions I derived after I had cruised on the same ship. After weeks of reading reviews I stopped because thousands of people are cruising each week and I was noticing I was seeing may one review from that ship a week, sometimes no reviews were posted which I took as a good sign. Most people do not review. I almost cancelled my Adventure cruise because of the same thing. But in the end I really want to go so I'm just going to see for myself. I'm sure it will be grand.

My royal Caribbean favorite ships

More favorable opinion

Navigator

Oasis

Liberty

Majestic

Allure

Adventure

Less favorable opinion

Everyone is different lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My cruise is coming up at the end of August. I've been reading the boards and reviews and no one has many good things to say. I'm getting worried. Servers don't want to wait on you because of the new drink packages? Long lines for ice show tickets, long lines to embark and disembark, flow rider being used more by staff, food not great, the list goes on. Can someone tell me their GOOD experiences on Navigator?

Be wary of taking in these reports you read

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining and the enjoyment of a cruise. Is up to you. Nobody else

As others have said you will here similar stories on every ship and remember it is rare for people to post when they are happy or content so most stuff here will be negative

Take heart and enjoy

Yes you get queues but that is normal

Love royal like I do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My royal Caribbean favorite ships

More favorable opinion

Navigator

Oasis

Liberty

Majestic

Allure

Adventure

Less favorable opinion

Everyone is different lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dumb question, but when did the Majestic join Royal Caribbeans fleet, and where is it sailing out of???

I think you mean the Majesty............just checking?

:D:D

Rick

We sailed on the Navigator several years ago out of Miami and are very excited to see all of the upgrades. While I do read the reviews posted, I try not to let them influence my decision. I go with an open mind and positive and try to have the best time ever!

Ive learned not to listen to alot of the negeative reviews posted on here or any other site. Just take them with a grain of salt. Some people have very high standards. Try not to let the reviews taint your mind.

Edited by trev71

I want in April. My husband and I had a great time, and thought the ship was beautiful. Here are my thoughts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030371

Unfortunately, it seems as if there are an abundance of people on social media, including Cruise Critic, who only post to complain. If I had believed everything I read before my first Celebrity cruise in May, I would have cancelled and counted my blessings to avoid a horrific experience. In reality, had I listened to the naysayers, I would have missed out on a fantastic experience and memories that will last a life time.

Go, have an open mind, form your own opinions, and most of all, ENJOY!:)

I sailed on the Navigator in May and I have absolutely no complaints. I went in with no expectations and walked away blown away. I had the premium alcohol packaged and wasn’t disappointed. The bartenders were amazing and personable. The disembarking was so simple too. It took no time at all.

Staff use of the flowrider is one i haven't heard, but since it is new on the ship I imagine for the first few months they are training a lot of personnel. I don't know how may experienced people they moved over from the other ships, but I'll bet they had to do some training. They should be doing that at non-peak times though. Something to watch, I'm considering Navigator again when she returns to Port Everglades.

I remember the review that complained about the flowrider. The big takeaway I had was that the poster was an experienced surfer/rider and was frustrated that he couldn't do a lot of tricks and was not able to be on the flowrider enough. Nothing was going to make him happy - other than having free rein on it which is not going to happen for anyone.

There is a recent review where the poster said there was "nothing to do but drink and gamble." Now seriously??? On a Voyager class ship. :rolleyes: Maybe there was nothing THEY wanted to do but anyone who has cruised on V class knows that is a stupid statement. I read the reviews as much for entertainment value as knowledge. The reviews that are the most helpful are the ones posted here where you can interact with the poster. The ones in the review section can too often be rants or people with hidden (or not so hidden) agendas.

As for the drink package, the only difference we saw is that when we had it, our friendly pool bartenders kept making new shots for us to try. :D Never had an issue getting service anywhere - but then, we greet the bartenders with a smile and friendly eye contact. Makes all the difference in the world! We won't be doing the package on the next cruise but I don't expect any issues one way or the other.

My girlfriend and I cruised on the Navigator about a year ago on an eastern med cruise from Rome (we're British). It was Ellie's first ever cruise and my first in 20 years but can assure you we had an amazing time - the staff couldn't have done more for us and the only disappointment was having to leave!

The flow-rider wasn't on the ship when we were on so can't comment; we did the Ice show; hadn't booked tickets and didn't bother arriving especially early so didn't sit together but that was our fault.

The food was great and always an incredible variety (including going to windjammer or johnny rocket instead of main dining).

If you have ultra high expectations as some holiday makers do then you will be disappointed; we certainly weren't so I'm sure the OP will have an amazing time.

I was just there. The servers were as great as ever. I had zero line for our ice show tickets (we walked right up). We were on the ship in 45 minutes, and off in about an hour. I rarely saw staff on the flow rider (only a couple times when they first opened to test). We ate at three speciality restaurants, and the MDR the remainder, and the food was all very good. I'm not sure why you would be concerned. Have a GREAT cruise!

tip: grab your ice show tickets on the promenade as soon as you board. they'll most likely be set up already even though the compass says they aren't available until a certain time. this goes with any ticket required things, show up at least 30 minutes early as they start handing them out earlier than what the compass said (at least this was the case with EVERY ticket experience on our May Navigator cruise).

Or just go later in the day when all the craziness has ended. That is what we do and we have never had an issue getting tickets or waiting in line.

One thing I've learned from searching reviews all the way to seeing how certain people recovered from a foot surgery I needed is that people with bad reviews will take the time to go post. The people with good reviews are out enjoying their lives and not posting about it. Far less people with good reviews post.

I was on the Navigator march 2013 before dry dock and on spring break:eek: There were no issues whatsoever EVER with anything. Yeah, our MDR server was slow but we were convince he was new and being hazed :D in the kitchen. It didn't ruin anything for us.

The ship is beautiful, the ship is fun and for me, the ship was better than the Disney Wonder that I was on.

We got our ice show tickets on day one. We were literally exploring the Promenade and a guy was out there at a table giving them out. Nobody was there but us and him when he gave us ours. If you wait until the last min for everything this could happen, I guess but we walked by him numerous times that day and at most he was talking to one family. There are always also going to be pool lounge hogs but even on spring break no matter what time we went out there, we got a spot for all 4-6 of us on the upper deck above the pool which is preferable anyway because you can look at pool activities or turn the other way and face the ocean. You can also head to the back of the ship and enjoy a very quiet area where it seems like there are always chairs in the sun or shade (at least there was before dry dock).

The theming on the ship was awesome. We loved the new Orleans jazz style vibe and decorations. My first cruise was in 1998 and back then the waiters would walk around on the decks and lightly mist people with water. in 2000 we had a wine steward that only handled a few tables at a time. Cruising in general has changed but none of the changes have bothered me. I have 10 and 13 year old kids. We don't need chocolate on the pillows but we like the rock climbing, flow riders, ice rink, etc.

You are going to love it. I really think you will.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723

I wanted to say that I felt the same way. Our cruise is coming up at the end of August too and the reviews I had read mostly had bad stuff or negative stuff to say. I really really want to enjoy our cruise. We are on the Navigator of the Seas leaving from Galveston.

I was just thinking the same thing. We are scheduled 8/31 cruise and we are Newbies so I have been researching like crazy . LOL....

I remember the review that complained about the flowrider. The big takeaway I had was that the poster was an experienced surfer/rider and was frustrated that he couldn't do a lot of tricks and was not able to be on the flowrider enough. Nothing was going to make him happy - other than having free rein on it which is not going to happen for anyone.

There is a recent review where the poster said there was "nothing to do but drink and gamble." Now seriously??? On a Voyager class ship. :rolleyes: Maybe there was nothing THEY wanted to do but anyone who has cruised on V class knows that is a stupid statement. I read the reviews as much for entertainment value as knowledge. The reviews that are the most helpful are the ones posted here where you can interact with the poster. The ones in the review section can too often be rants or people with hidden (or not so hidden) agendas.

As for the drink package, the only difference we saw is that when we had it, our friendly pool bartenders kept making new shots for us to try. :D Never had an issue getting service anywhere - but then, we greet the bartenders with a smile and friendly eye contact. Makes all the difference in the world! We won't be doing the package on the next cruise but I don't expect any issues one way or the other.

What is the flowrider and what does dry dock mean? sorry if this sounds dumb

The Flowrider is a surfing simulator, see this:

Edited by clarea

... and dry dock is when they remove the ship from water (for lack of a better explanation). Navigator underwent a huge renovation. It looks like new, and has some great new features. :D

Thank you to you both for answering my questions. I sincerely appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing the Navigator. I've gone on a cruise many years ago on the Sovereign of the Seas. I guess she's no longer around.