getting worried about Navigator!

My cruise is coming up at the end of August. I've been reading the boards and reviews and no one has many good things to say. I'm getting worried. Servers don't want to wait on you because of the new drink packages? Long lines for ice show tickets, long lines to embark and disembark, flow rider being used more by staff, food not great, the list goes on. Can someone tell me their GOOD experiences on Navigator?

If you read enough reviews you'll see the same comments on pretty much every ship;) I wouldn't worry about it. We've been on six different RCCL ships and there are plenty of complaints and poor reviews to be found on all of them. We loved every one:D

Edited by bouhunter

I was just on Navigator in March. Aside from the long wait to disembark, the cruise was fabulous! I never had an issue with bartenders, my son went to get ice show tickets and was gone all of 15 maybe 20 minutes. The shop is beautiful and the crew was great. Don't worry. You will have a ball!

. I've been reading the boards and reviews and no one has many good things to say.

Are you reading the reviews here at cruisecritic???? Going back to June, yes there are some negative reviews, but many more are 5 stars and very positive.......

We were on Nos in late May. We boarded a shuttle from Galveston Beach hotel at 11:40 a.m. We were sitting at the pub at 12:15. When I got tickets for the ice show I was the only one in the line up. I had my choice of dates to choose from. The only issue getting drinks was sometimes the waiters were too friendly talking to other customers. I know this because we spent a lot of time talking to the waiters as well. We enjoyed all our meals in the mdr. The only problem we had all week was disembarking. We are Canadians. There was only 1 line for non Us residents so for us getting through it took a long time. Overall, we really enjoyed this cruise.

We have enjoyed the Navigator before, and look forward to being back aboard in about 3 weeks.

Our last cruise was on the Adventure, for a TA, after it came out of drydock. The experience was very good for us, new carpeting in our cabin, and the food was decent.

We don't cruise to eat, and don't expect Royal Caribbean to serve what they used to serve.

However, they cannot allow any more cutbacks, or some of the old timers with RCCL ..........well, they will cruise with another line.

Royal Caribbean still gives value for the dollar, and that is why we continue to cruise with them!!;)

Rick

We were in Navigator in March. Even though the port was closed due to an oil spill, they treated us wonderfully. Dining room was great, windjammer not too busy, bar servers gave great service(both with just soda package for me and premium drink package for DH). I just stopped by front desk to get tickets to the ice show and was able to get plenty for both shows. We ended up with a shortened cruise, but a full refund and a great time. I felt the service was spectacular and left larger tips than I normally do, on top of the prepaid gratuities(and I normally don't give much extra ). None of the problems we had ( late embarkation and closed port) were due to anything within RCCL control. Yet, they took care of us better(much better) than the similarly situated passengers on the Carnival ships. Go and have a great time. I am sure you will enjoy it. Was it perfect, no.... But as good or better than anything I would have expected given the circumstances.

tip: grab your ice show tickets on the promenade as soon as you board. they'll most likely be set up already even though the compass says they aren't available until a certain time. this goes with any ticket required things, show up at least 30 minutes early as they start handing them out earlier than what the compass said (at least this was the case with EVERY ticket experience on our May Navigator cruise).

Please don't pay attention to neg. reviews. We were on her the weekend of the oil spill. We just got off the ship 12 hrs later than scheduled. It wasn't Royal's fault. They took good care of us. Planning going again next March. Cruising isn't a one size fits all. If you want to cruise, go. Enjoy, keep an open mind.

Attitude IS everything.

On my first RCCL cruise, my husband and I turned to each other while walking down the hall we looked at each other and both said "this is the best cruise ever!". Just then we caught up to a couple in front of us and overheard the OP say, "this is the worst cruise ever!". We laughed so hard.....

As I've said on other similar threads, CC members only represent about 5% of the total cruising public, and only a very small percentage of that membership post reviews. That to me is way too small of a cross section of all cruisers with a very limited range of opinions to be concerned about what is said in their reviews.

Nothing is ever as terrible or as perfect as may be reported. The reality of a typical cruise experience lies somewhere in between. Besides, IMO, many people who post reviews do so with an agenda that likely skews the objectivity of their reporting. As a result I don't worry about what is said in a review.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Go on vacation with a good attitude, chances are you won't be disappointed.

Too many people out there let one small thing ruin their entire vacation. Look at the big picture... Nice ship, vacation, away from the every day life, if a couple things don't go 100% the best way possible it's quite likely you're still in a better place than if you were at home. Just saying.. have fun :cool:

The only issue getting drinks was sometimes the waiters were too friendly talking to other customers. I know this because we spent a lot of time talking to the waiters as well.

Noticed this on other cruises without drink packages. It's like my local post office, sure there's a wait but I know I'll be well taken care of. I can wait.

A positive attitude can be the difference

between an ordeal and an adventure.

Perzactly!:cool:

I agree with people that say that if you expect to have a great time you will. Better to be on a cruise than anywhere else.

I always look at the cabin the posters are in, and I have found that many of the complaints come from suite passengers, who are complaining that the fridge is not cleaned out by steward before dinner time. There is no consideration to what else he/she might be doing for the passengers in other cabins. Clearly, gets things off to a rough start.

If you go expecting to have a wonderful time, I am sure you will have it on every ship in the fleet.

Don't worry. Most people who sail are not on CC so their opinions are not represented here. We have lots of friends who have sailed on the Navigator and they all came back raving about their cruises. But, none of them are on CC. We enjoyed our previous 4 cruises on Voyager class ships and are looking forward to our cruise at the end of August.

I think generally people on CC are planners and sometimes they over plan and there is no way any cruise would meet the expectations they have built up. You also have to realize that some people have literally scrimped and saved and consider their one cruise the trip of a lifetime, so they have very unrealistic expectations. It isn't going to be perfect and unfortunately they let the little stuff ruin their entire cruise.

We have sailed more than 50 times and now cruise 2-4 times a year. We have minimal expectations so it takes a whole lot to disappoint us. Carnival has managed to do just that, so we are sailing on RCCL and Princess on our next 3 cruises.

When I want a "perfect" vacation I head to a 5 star resort in Mexico with Concierge and Butler service and I pay $7,000 to $8,000 for a week of vacation. When you can get on a 7 night cruise for $499 I don't understand why or how people can expect perfection at those prices.

We will be on our third Navigator cruise this year on August 24th. In March there were a few hiccups right after Drydock but nothing that discouraged us from coming back. June cruise was great. Love Sabor the new Mexican restaurant and I was very cynical about a Mexican restaurant on a ship sailing from Texas. In June we also had the easiest disembarkation ever in 38 cruises. From the time our number was called until we were pulling out of the Lighthouse Parking lot was 20 minutes.

A cruise is what you make of it. Go with the attitude you will have a good time and most likely you will!