NCL Q2 Financial Results

sjbdtz

"Along with Norwegian Epic, these newer, premium, earnings-rich ships now comprise a little over a third of our capacity and contributed to the doubling of earnings in the quarter" continued Sheehan.

Not good reading for those who prefer the smaller ships.

"Along with Norwegian Epic, these newer, premium, earnings-rich ships now comprise a little over a third of our capacity and contributed to the doubling of earnings in the quarter" continued Sheehan.

But fantastic reading for those who noted that these larger ships contributed materially to the doubling of their EPS.

Bring-on the next batch!

Stephen

But fantastic reading for those who noted that these larger ships contributed materially to the doubling of their EPS.

Bring-on the next batch!

Stephen

:D Yup!

I would not agree. Sure, the big ones make good money, but it is not like the other "large" are not making money too. They will offer a wide range of product since there is a wide range of customers.

IMHO, once the spirit and sun classes are ready to be replaced, Norwegian may look into a 100,000 ton vessel class. I doubt we will EVER see a new mid size Norwegian new build again. Kevin Sheehan has stated time and time again that they are not economically sound to operate. Even Holland America, the mid size KING has not been able to profitably operate all S class and R class ships on a consistent basis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by UPNYGuy

IMHO, once the spirit and sun classes are ready to be replaced, Norwegian may look into a 100,000 ton vessel class. I doubt we will EVER see a new mid size Norwegian new build again. Kevin Sheehan has stated time and time again that they are not economically sound to operate. Even Holland America, the mid size KING has not been able to profitably operate all S class and R class ships on a consistent basis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My favorites are actually the Jewel class...The Jewel in particular. Hope they never consider getting rid of those

And now it's crystal clear why NCL just ordered two more BA+ ships.

Bring-on the next batch!

Stephen

If the day ever comes that NCL becomes a fleet of big ships then I will sadly have to find another line to cruise with. The good thing for me is if that happens it is many years down the road.

My favorites are actually the Jewel class...The Jewel in particular. Hope they never consider getting rid of those

Agreed. If in the future they only have the mega ships, then some itineraries will have to be greatly altered, as some ports and waterways cannot accomodate those huge ships.

But I'm glad to see NCL making a profit. That's what they are in business to do.