Freedom of the Seas drydock

While there were certainly some upset passengers, I would definetly not agree that "It was not a happy cruise". We were on that week and had a great time as did most of the people we talked to onboard. It wasn't until we got back and I was reading cruise critic that i realized what a miserable time we had ;)

Yes, you'll find it here first! :D

There were two or three times that was not until I arrived at a school I was volunteering at that I found out I had been in a serious car accident. Fortunately there was no damage to my car and I wasn't injured. :)

Can anyone confirm what time Freedom docked in Falmouth? Was she in fact there by 10:00AM which is her scheduled arrival time? :confused:

10am Falmouth time? 10am ship time? 10am your time? 10am my time? Which 10am are you asking about? :confused:

Too bad. This is going to eat into the conspiracy theories. Well, you still have two more ports plus the home port. So there is still time to be late.

If they average 17 knots, they will arrive at both Georgetown and Cozumel on schedule. The iffy part comes on the leg home. at 17 knots they will need ~42 hours to make that 714 mile segment, and the schedule only shows them as having 36-37 hours at sea.

Apparently, making it from Coco Cay to Falmouth on schedule. A longer shot than LaBadee to Falmouth.

Stopping at Coco Cay on the way to Falmouth actually cuts 8-10 hours of sailing time off the route.

Edited by orville99

10am Falmouth time? 10am ship time? 10am your time? 10am my time? Which 10am are you asking about? :confused:

Oh, I see - you are in L.A.....a favorite city of mine, and you are 3 hours behind. Now I understand your confusion :D

Stopping at Coco Cay on the way to Falmouth actually cuts 8-10 hours of sailing time off the route.

Yes, if they were otherwise going from PC to Falmouth. But it's longer from Coco Cay to Falmouth than it is from Labadee to Falmouth, which is the itinerary that they plan to sail in the upcoming weeks.

Yes, if they were otherwise going from PC to Falmouth. But it's longer from Coco Cay to Falmouth than it is from Labadee to Falmouth, which is the itinerary that they plan to sail in the upcoming weeks.

True, but to get to Labadee from PC, they have to sail right past Coco Cay. And to get from Coco Cay to Falmouth, they can "cut the corner" around Cuba instead of continuing straight to Labadee and then backtracking past Cuba. In essence, they're taking just one side of the triangle going from Coco Cay to Falmouth, and taking the other two sides if they go to Labadee first. Cuts out about 150 NM from the route.

True, but to get to Labadee from PC, they have to sail right past Coco Cay. And to get from Coco Cay to Falmouth, they can "cut the corner" around Cuba instead of continuing straight to Labadee and then backtracking past Cuba. In essence, they're taking just one side of the triangle going from Coco Cay to Falmouth, and taking the other two sides if they go to Labadee first. Cuts out about 150 NM from the route.

Perhaps it's a shorter total trip (from PC to the first Island then Falmouth), but I am encouraged that they can make that longer distance (from Coco Cay to Falmouth) and still be on time.

Hi Orville99! I'm on the March 8th cruise as well and i'm keepin the same optimistic attitude that everything will be fine by then! Come join us over on our little rollcall if you wish!

Jess, don't worry, it's going to be a wonderful cruise!!

Cheryl

I am really not worried at all, just testing the RCL PR machine. I could never leave the ship and as long as the sun is shining and they're is a drink in my hand, I am good to go :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps it's a shorter total trip (from PC to the first Island then Falmouth), but I am encouraged that they can make that longer distance (from Coco Cay to Falmouth) and still be on time.

True. At 17 knots (the average that's been reported here over the last day or so) they'd have about a 2-3 hour cushion in the schedule.

Marine traffic info on FOS:

18.1 knots

Last recorded speed 13.4

[ATTACH]339188[/ATTACH][ATTACH]339189[/ATTACH]

Hello! My name is Kevin.

Are they doing 18.1 knots or 13.4 knots on the way to Grand Cayman? Or was the 13.4 what they were doing on the way into Falmouth? Edited by SherriZ366

Are they doing 18.1 knots or 13.4 knots on the way to Grand Cayman?

Look at the pictures. The average speed was 18 knots. They slowed down to 13 knots prior to coming into Jamaica. Marine traffic showed same info as found earlier this morning. There is no reason to speculate until Saturday evening/Sunday morning. If she doesn't make it back on time, or cuts Cozumel short and makes it back in time, then you know your answer.

I am confident that RCCL will handle the engine issue better than thy did the last 3 months prior to dry dock as they knew the problem was going to be addressed. Now they will need to address it or loose out on revenue and additional bad press. Either way, if it's slow it doesn't bother me. I have always picked my cruise primarily due to the ship and then select dates, if avail, based on itinerary.

There is no reason to be concerned. It's like being worried about a hurricane coming. You can't do anything about it, and worrying does nothing but expend energy on something you can't change.

Hello! My name is Kevin.

Edited by Cavy92