Wine by the glass on celebrity

ramco

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the most I have a glass of wine at dinner only. What does Celebrity charge by the glass for, say, a New Zealand or a California Sauvignon Blanc? Am I better off buying by the bottle that can be saved and brought to me each night at dinner? Do they do this? (Celebrity Constellation November TA Nov. 5)Thanks

As stated you can do it either way (by the glass -or- by the bottle).

You can do it Pay As You Go -or- on a Beverage Package

If you have the Classic Alcohol Package from the Celebrity 123GO Offer you'll find an ok assortment of Wines By The Glass... premium Alcohol Package will give you more assortment / choice

Or just purchasing By The Bottle the whole gamut of choices (Celebrity has pretty much the most extensive Wine Cellar at sea... Especially on the S-Class Ships)

There are even Wine Bottle Packages for sale (again see Celebrity's Website and the Bevvy Packages Page)

Alternatively, each of you in a cabin can bring each a bottle (750 ml) aboard on Embarkation Day... And it will be free to drink in your cabin (could carry a glass with you into Dinner)... Or pay the Corkage and bring the bottle to any of the Dining Venues.

In truth you have lots of options... You'll just need to do the math and see what is the best one for you personally

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Yes, you may buy a bottle and they will bring it back to you for as

many nights as you need. I have done that in the past and it has

worked out well for me.

Celebrity has a very nice New Zealand sauvignon blanc called Clifford Bay; I believe it is $10.50 per glass.

And if you'd be willing to venture out of your comfort zone and try SB in a more traditional style, treat yourself to the Pouilly-Fume.

One wine per day would make buying the bottle better value (over several nights) and rule out a drinks package .:D

Perhaps - but only if you plan on drinking little or no soda, specialty coffee, bottled water, beer, cocktails....

Yes, you may buy a bottle and they will bring it back to you for as

many nights as you need. I have done that in the past and it has

worked out well for me.

The same for me, and if you eat in different restaurants on different nights, just let them know and they will find your bottle and bring it to you wherever you are.

But I am not a big wine drinker, so if I want to try a different wine each night, then I prefer to order by the glass, even if buying a bottle would be more economical.

I am apparently one of the few passengers for whom it is not worth getting a drink package.

The same for me, and if you eat in different restaurants on different nights, just let them know and they will find your bottle and bring it to you wherever you are.

But I am not a big wine drinker, so if I want to try a different wine each night, then I prefer to order by the glass, even if buying a bottle would be more economical.

I am apparently one of the few passengers for whom it is not worth getting a drink package.

I don't always buy the package either. Now, for my upcoming cruise

I decided to take it on the promo offer.;)....once I do that then I just

pay the difference to upgrade to Premium. When I sail on an S class

ship I love the Molecular Bar and the drinks in are covered by it:)

We did not have the free beverage package on our last cruise - and we a big wine drinkers. We bought the premium wine package which I think was 7 bottles. It was a great deal and we drank some wonderful wine - the sommelier was Robert on Eclipse and he took excellent care of us and we him :D Next cruise we have the free bev package which we will both upgrade and then it makes more sense to get our wine by the glass. I know that some are saying wine service is an issue in the MDR but trust me, after the first night - the sommelier will be watching for us. ;)

If I'm not mistaken, you are allowed to bring two bottles on with you. You can enjoy it in your cabin, and if you take it to the dining room they charge a corkage fee ( it's $25 I think, not sure). You may consider that option. It would allow you to drink your favorite wine, maybe a little cheaper than the per glass cost of the wines available on board. Your cabin steward will provide wine glasses, and it's possible you could carry it into the dining room. They would probably assume you got it in the bar. I get a bar setup, and sometimes carry my cocktail in with no problem. Just another option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If I'm not mistaken, you are allowed to bring two bottles on with you. You can enjoy it in your cabin, and if you take it to the dining room they charge a corkage fee ( it's $25 I think, not sure). You may consider that option. It would allow you to drink your favorite wine, maybe a little cheaper than the per glass cost of the wines available on board. Your cabin steward will provide wine glasses, and it's possible you could carry it into the dining room. They would probably assume you got it in the bar. I get a bar setup, and sometimes carry my cocktail in with no problem. Just another option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Depending on the cruise length, it may be their best option. It does mean that the white wine bottle would be opened for several days though.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

One wine per day would make buying the bottle better value (over several nights) and rule out a drinks package .:D

You mean a bottle of wine can last longer than 1 hour or so? :confused: The things you learn here on CC ;)

In response to the last post, though you'd normally drink red wine at room temperature, it lasts longer if you chill it in between drinks, and let it raise to room temperature when you're drinking it again. According the various websites, storing it upright is better because less of the wine has contact with the oxygen.

On our third cruise we sat with another couple. On their first night their sons had sent them a bottle of wine, which they insisted on sharing with us. On the second night they ordered a bottle and wondered what I was going to do. I suggested we take turns ordering for the table. Financially they got the better deal because DW doesn't drink wine, but who cares? It added camaraderie to an already festive table.