Oosterdam Alaska mini review

nana51

We have been on the lovely ms. Oosterdam since Sunday night. Everything is pretty much perfect. The rooms couldn't be better. I'm in 5149 and the views are incredible. The ship is in lovely shape and the weather has been sun sun sun. Today in Juneau it was 70 degrees. Smiles everywhere and just a wonderful ship. The 'm Venus have been a little odd, but what I've had, except the strip steak, has been God. The brisket was to die for so we're the beef short ribs. I'm attaching some photos. Today was mendenhall glacier. e4yma5ys.jpga3erasyp.jpg4yhe6uty.jpg

Forgot to say. The dive in is open and delicious. They is always a line. 120 kids this trip. Hardly see them. Really this has been the best trip ever. I will do full review when I get home.

Just when I decide NOT to go to Mendenhall and do the Mt. Robert's Tram instead you post these AMAZING pictures!!! Gah!! Now I'm back to wanting to go to Mendenhall!

Can't you do both? I am planning to do both next week when I am there.

I live in Alaska - 95 air miles from Juneau - IMHO I would do Mendenhall Glacier first and then if time do the Tram. You can't see the glacier from the tram - you see part of Juneau and Douglas from the top of the tram. Alaska is an amazing place to call home :)

Forgot to say. The dive in is open and delicious. They is always a line. 120 kids this trip. Hardly see them. Really this has been the best trip ever. I will do full review when I get home.

It appears that the Dive-In was specifically open for you on this cruise. Probably not the case but that is what I would go with...:cool:

Just when I decide NOT to go to Mendenhall and do the Mt. Robert's Tram instead you post these AMAZING pictures!!! Gah!! Now I'm back to wanting to go to Mendenhall!

We visited Mendenhall first, then the Tram ride up Mount Roberts as it was a clear day.

Thanks for posting. I spent 2 weeks on the "O" in May starting May 11th. Can't understand why it took so long to open the Dive-In. They kept telling me any day now. That morphed into 2 months. Glad I'll get to try it on the Statendam in Sept. You were very lucky to have sun, sun, sun.

Tanks everyone. Our cabin looked right out on the tramway. Plenty of time to do both. We are in Ketchikan today and on the bus headed to our zipline. I will post photos of course. Here's a few from yesterday. zaduhagu.jpgjevy2u7y.jpgujydyryd.jpg