Travel Insurance

Northtexas

Not sure there is a "best" but more like what is the best for you. Different folks have different insurance needs. There are two very good web sites that can help you choose from different policies issued by different companies (all legit). They are "insuremytrip.com" and "squaremouth.com."

Good luck

Hank

Cruise Critic has a forum for this very issue---Cruise\Travel Insurance. Look in the Cruise Topics section. I have learned so much reading the posts there.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Not sure there is a "best" but more like what is the best for you. Different folks have different insurance needs. There are two very good web sites that can help you choose from different policies issued by different companies (all legit). They are "insuremytrip.com" and "squaremouth.com."

Good luck

Hank

In addition to the above...many have used

www.tripinsurancestore.com

Steve at this company gives such detailed recommendations based on the needs of each traveler and their itinerary. Truely a great person to deal with directly by phone too.

Cruise Critic has a forum for this very issue---Cruise\Travel Insurance. Look in the Cruise Topics section. I have learned so much reading the posts there.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

This is really the best place to start. We do. Not buy trip insurance but we do but med evac insurance.

What is the best travel insurance if not purchasing through the cruise line?[/quote

Your question is like asking "what is the best car to buy" or "what is the best house to buy". There is no answer possible until you define your selection parameters. Even then, there may be no "best".

That said, define your selection parameters and then call InsureMyTrip. Don't e-mail them - call instead. They can help you.

DON

don't forget... some credit cards give you insurance if you purchase the trip using that card. I never buy insurance but feel protected. I have a United Card by Chase and I think the coverage is quite good. the card is $95 per year.

don't forget... some credit cards give you insurance if you purchase the trip using that card. I never buy insurance but feel protected. I have a United Card by Chase and I think the coverage is quite good. the card is $95 per year.

We do the same thing, but buy a separate medical ( our out of network medical deductible is quite high.) The "free" cancellation benefit, is a nice plus....similar to a free checked bag.

Note: there is no fee first year and with the spend to get the bonus sign up miles it's pretty easy to earn enough miles for a flight to Europe soon after sign up.