Flight Switch

tutak

I just got an email from Delta. That have moved our 11:45 AM flight from FLL to 10:45 AM. Can we make that flight? We are bringing our daughter, her husband and their twin daughter who will be 4 years old in December. The original flight was through ATL and then home in Cleveland. If I switch to the later flight at 12:45, we end up flying to JFK and then arrive via a commuter plane in Cleveland at 9:20 PM. The flight is on January 24th.

I just got an email from Delta. That have moved our 11:45 AM flight from FLL to 10:45 AM. Can we make that flight? We are bringing our daughter, her husband and their twin daughter who will be 4 years old in December. The original flight was through ATL and then home in Cleveland. If I switch to the later flight at 12:45, we end up flying to JFK and then arrive via a commuter plane in Cleveland at 9:20 PM. The flight is on January 24th.
You should be fine as long as there aren't any significant delays. Just ask for "Red 1" or "Red 2" luggage tags for disembarkation and grab a cab to the airport. You'll receive a disembarkation form to fill out a few days before disembarkation so put your flight info down and make the request. With small children, you don't want to do self-disembarkation. Besides, the "Red 1" and "Red 2" people often disembark at the same time as the later self-disembarkation times.

You dont want to fly into NYC on Jan. 24"weather".

I agree with Pam, you should be fine, just make sure you're one of the first ones off the ship.

Delta's practice if they switch flight times is they will not change your flight for no cost unless the time is 90 minutes or more before/after the original flight. Unless you get a nice CS rep, you may not be able to move it anyway.

Hi All,

May be a silly question,

but why do I see so many folks in US getting their flights moved about,

never happened to me in Uk,

had flights cancelled, break down etc etc, but not moved onto other flights.

yours Shogun

Hi All,

May be a silly question,

yours Shogun

This happens quite frequently. The changes in time can be very short, usually by 15 minutes or so.

Hi All,

May be a silly question,

Some airlines in the US have a better record of planning flight times and sticking to them. Others almost always will change flight numbers or times or both on flights that you booked months in advance. If you are lucky, the airline will actually let you know about the change.

So to me, the basic reason is poor planning by the airlines involved.

I recently had a December flight changed from departing at 11:55 AM to depart at 9 AM.

I agree Delta is the worst, we had them change times mid return on a cruise from FL to CA back when my kids were little (under 10), stranded us in Atlanta and then expect us to be fine with staying overnight in the airport for the convenient 11 am flight the next day. This was before cell phones and at that time it was impossible to check, those sorts of things. The desk agents were rude and acted like we had missed our flight, which we hadn't.

I have not flown with them since.

And DH wonders why I compulsively check air and gate assignments en route via air carriers to this day.

You live and you learn. I agree some airlines are WAY better than others in setting up timetables and sticking to them.

We are flying from Montana to San Francisco for our cruise in November. Got an email from Delta that they changed our flights - we now fly from Great Falls to Minneapolis, then back to San Francisco. OMG - isn't Minneapolis just a bit out of the way?????

:confused:

Not as bad as ours was. It was Tokyo-Seattle-Atlanta-Los Angles on the

last update. We called them a got them to change it to Seattle-Los

Angles on another code sharing airlines. The agent we spoke with thought that this was unsual also. Suggest you call.