Pre Paid Tips

OK they are charging me $168 in Prepaid tips.

But on the website it says:

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise holiday better than you could have imagined, we’ve developed these guidelines for tipping:

Waiter: $3.75 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.15 USD a day per guest

Head Waiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Housekeeping staff: $5.00 USD a day per guest

Suite Housekeeping staff: $7.25 USD a day per guest

We are not in a suite, so:

3.75+2.15+.75+5.00 = 11.65 per day

11.65 x 2 people = 23.30

23.30 x 7 days = 163.10

So who is getting the other $4.90 ???????

I hope NOT the web designers !!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise holiday better than you could have imagined, we’ve developed these guidelines for tipping:

11.65 x 2 people = 23.30

23.30 x 7 days = 163.10

Tips are now $12 per day.....per person....

$24 x 7 = $168

They just haven't updated these numbers, so you are not being overcharged.

11.65 x 2 people = 23.30

23.30 x 7 days = 163.10

Tips have increased to $12 or $12.50 per day, I think.

Tips have increased to $12 or $12.50 per day, I think.

The current daily gratuity charges (prepaid with MTD or charged daily on board with standard dining) is $12.00 per day per person in a standard stateroom and $14.25 per day per person day in a Grand Suite or higher.

The amount being charged to the two of you for a standard stateroom for a 7-night cruise at $168 is correct.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think all suite level guest should pay $25 per day.

They obviously can afford it...

Per person to the CL staff and another $25 per person per day to the DL staff other wise they are just stiffing them and being cheap.

The current daily gratuity charges (prepaid with MTD or charged daily on board with standard dining) is $12.00 per day per person in a standard stateroom and $14.25 per day per person day in a Grand Suite or higher.

The amount being charged to the two of you for a standard stateroom for a 7-night cruise at $168 is correct.

Are you all sure?

I still think it is the website builders to get in on the money train !

:D

11.65 x 2 people = 23.30

23.30 x 7 days = 163.10

WOW you are quibbling over $4.90 that's what.00000001% of the price of your cruise. I don't get it!:eek:

Are you all sure?

I still think it is the website builders to get in on the money train !

:D

Yes, we are sure. The daily gratuity rate for guests not in a suite is $12 per person, per day. So the total is correct despite your suspicions to the contrary.

Yes, we are sure. The daily gratuity rate for guests not in a suite is $12 per person, per day. So the total is correct despite your suspicions to the contrary.

Just a question of my own regarding tips, I have MTD and they charged me in advance. It also says on the paperwork a $12pp per day is charged to the sea pass. Is this what I was already charged, or will I have the additional charges on my sea pass at the end of my cruise?

Just a question of my own regarding tips, I have MTD and they charged me in advance. It also says on the paperwork a $12pp per day is charged to the sea pass. Is this what I was already charged, or will I have the additional charges on my sea pass at the end of my cruise?

It's what you have already been charged - there will be no further charges to your inboard account

WOW you are quibbling over $4.90 that's what.00000001% of the price of your cruise. I don't get it!:eek:

Sometimes in order to have these holidays you have a really strict budget. I know we do. If you've been overcharged that's someone taking your money, whatever the percentage. And I'm sure if it were the other way around, rci would want it. That's roughly what they charge at johnny rockets.

Edited by Adayatatime

totally agree with this except if you owed RCI $4.90, they wouldn't let you alone until it was paid. If its good enough for Royal, its good enough for you.

The point the OP was making was where was that extra $4.90 going? Plus it's that amount times how many passengers per ship times how many ships. Could be a seriously significant amount. Especially because the OP didn't see who it was going to. Not only that, if you let every company overcharge you $4 your lifestyle could be seriously affected. My parents taught me to watch my dollars. They add up.

Our upcoming cruise shows $168 for 14 days PP. Since there are 3 of us our total over 14 days is $504. We would have paid that at the end of the cruise but it is built into our cruise price. We will tip extra as always to our room steward, waiter & assist waiter

Bigrtex, your being Charged $12/Day X 7 = $84 PP ( $168 )

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Does the windjammer staff get a share of the MDR waitstaff's tips? How are they generally tipped?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is one of the reasons you don't remove tips because "I only are in the MDR twice."

We always book MTD knowing full well we won't eat in MDR...we rarely do. But the tips remain in place because those same folks are doing things for us day in, day out.

Dawn

The point the OP was making was where was that extra $4.90 going? Plus it's that amount times how many passengers per ship times how many ships. Could be a seriously significant amount. Especially because the OP didn't see who it was going to. Not only that, if you let every company overcharge you $4 your lifestyle could be seriously affected. My parents taught me to watch my dollars. They add up.

Except that as correctly pointed out by several of us there is no extra $4.90 going anywhere as where ever they saw that information on the website is in error (amazing, I know!) and the $12 level is the correct amount - and has been for quite some time. (I believe since July 1, 2011?) So the point is moot. :)

Interesting question though. .. for those who actually prefer to pay cash, and prepare envelopes in advance based on cruise line guidelines (as we all had to do in the days before auto tipping)... what are the new suggested amounts per stagerper day that would add up to $12 per day?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Interesting question though. .. for those who actually prefer to pay cash, and prepare envelopes in advance based on cruise line guidelines (as we all had to do in the days before auto tipping)... what are the new suggested amounts per stagerper day that would add up to $12 per day?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

The breakdown is as follows:

Dining staff - $6.80 pp / day

Stateroom attendant - $3.85 pp /day (Suites - $6.10 pp / day)

Other housekeeping personnel - $1.35 pp/day

That totals $12.00 pp / day for standard staterooms. (and $14.25 pp / day for suites).

Note that "dining staff" includes Windjammer, etc. Specialty restaurant surcharges have a portion of that designated for that dining staff gratuity.