rock the boat independence of the seas

mcnut7

who has replaced rock the boat as resident band during there break off the independence of the seas we set sail 23/08/14 many thanks.

Nows the time to cruise on Indy guys . . . . . While Rock The Boat AREN'T on there !!!!!

Get that credit card out !

I was not aware that the ship bands have names.
They all do on RCL

Nows the time to cruise on Indy guys . . . . . While Rock The Boat AREN'T on there !!!!!

Why? You didn't like them? They are a classic rock band and are excellent. You're either too old or too young if you didn't.

Wish we had more time to see them when on the Indy a few months ago

Sound my camera recording does not do them justice

They are a classic rock band and are excellent.

Thank you for the video! Brought back good memories... can't believe they're still on Indy. I saw them April 2010 on Indy's 1st TA from Ft Lauderdale, If I remember correctly it was their first contract and first cruise. The base player is Canadian (Toronto I believe, but also lived in Vancouver for a bit) so we got to chatting a few nights. They introduced "Rock-a-Raoke" where you sing with the band live rather than with the computer in regular Karaoke. Yes, one of the better bands Royal has ever had imo and likely why they've been around this long!

We like them very much.

On our 28th June cruise a friend spoke with them at length about Independence's permanent base in the States from November this year and how it would impact on them. The answer was they did not know, they did not know if they would be on Anthem either.

Shame as they have been part of the Indie crew family for years.

• 10 months later...

Au Contraire. Hopefully back on indy in 2016. What a great band .

When / where did this band typically play while on board. I don't recognize the location in the video

Thanks

Mostly the Pyramid Lounge, but I believe I saw them at another venue once during our 8 day cruise.

Au Contraire. Hopefully back on indy in 2016. What a great band .
They were promoted. Zero chance they are going to change back

When / where did this band typically play while on board. I don't recognize the location in the video

Thanks

Regular place was Pyramid Lounge. Played other locations also

here they are on Anthem

11110495_884823018232068_2551641552610604634_o.jpg

Edited by SeaUs

One session of Karaoke was done in the Pyramid Lounge with Rock the Boat as the music behind the Karaoke singers....it was fabulous.

I SOOOOOOOOOOO wish I had been able to do this. Will have to settle for the standard karaoke instead I suppose.

Rob

For what it's worth, I am a part time musician (playing at corporate gigs, weddings, parties, bars, etc....) "Rock The Boat" is a superb band. Great musicians, great personalities who put on a great show. The band who replaced them ("Syngery")... ?Not so much. I realize this is really a matter of personal taste but the two bands are in entirely different leagues in my opinion.

. . . I saw them April 2010 on Indy's 1st TA from Ft Lauderdale, If I remember correctly it was their first contract and first cruise.

Maybe not the first. We saw them on Indy's 2009 TA from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton. Lead singer did a spot on cover of Rod Stewart's Maggie May.

Maybe not the first. We saw them on Indy's 2009 TA from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton. Lead singer did a spot on cover of Rod Stewart's Maggie May.

Hi Mary, we were there for their Last Indy show.:) Hope they are on Anthem when we go in April.

CVU, good to hear from you [bTW, it's Dennis -- Mary thinks she has to work all day]

Here's a picture from the 2009 TA:

DSC00944_zpsd41c2405.jpg

I won't post the picture of our cruise friends "enjoying the music" that night.