Case of Water

kellyx3

In 2012 on the Pride, I was able to take a large case of bottled water. I simply taped a luggage tag to it and dropped it with our suitcases and it showed up at our door later. In 2013, we went on the splendor and when we tried to do it the same way the porters said water had to be a carry on and we were limited to 12 bottles. Has anyone had a recent experience with carnival delivering a case of water to the cabin as luggage or are those days over??

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In 2012 on the Pride, I was able to take a large case of bottled water. I simply taped a luggage tag to it and dropped it with our suitcases and it showed up at our door later. In 2013, we went on the splendor and when we tried to do it the same way the porters said water had to be a carry on and we were limited to 12 bottles. Has anyone had a recent experience with carnival delivering a case of water to the cabin as luggage or are those days over??

I'd say those days are over. From the Carnival website:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-545894

They actually now SELL cases of water from the Carnival "store" that you can purchase before you cruise and have it delivered to your stateroom. It's expensive I think $12 bucks for a case of 24 18-24 oz bottles can't remember exactly --I think that's why they won't let you take cases onboard anymore. That being said it's still cheaper than paying $3 or more per bottle that they try to sell you as you're disembarking at a port of call.

Edited by karessamom

There are 2 options. You can carry on a case if there are 2 or more of you.

2nd option is ordering for BonVoyage and they will deliver a case to your room. We had them deliver it and it was well worth not having to lug on the water in our opinion!!

We carried our own water on for several cruises. Last October we decided it was more cost effective for us to pay the $25 for a case of 24-20 oz bottles. Yes I know that is a dollar a bottle and we could buy it for a quarter of that but we do not have to lug it around. Well worth it to us.

If there are 2 of you, it's still ok to bring a 24 bottle case of water, but you have to carry it on. You can put it inside of or fastened on top of a rolling carry on for easy transport.

Edited by 092306

I'll echo the comments about pre - buying either a case of 24 12 oz or 8 one liter bottles of water.

Just my opinion, but I can't be bothered getting off my plane that morning, looking for a place to sell water, and tossing out my clothes so I can fit a case of water inside it. I prefer keeping it simple and hassle free.

Hmmmmm, I just went to the fun shop to order a case of water. I want it waiting for me in my cabin when I walk in. That option is not available. It gives me the next morning from 10am-9pm as the 1st choice then later from there.

Maybe I will just order it when I get onboard and make sure I have it the 1st night....

From what I read, delivery was always to be carried on. Once in a while a porter would check it through, but they were not supposed to. It was not a privilege taken away. They had a hard enough time just getting luggage loaded without them becoming waterboys.

There are 2 options. You can carry on a case if there are 2 or more of you.

2nd option is ordering for BonVoyage and they will deliver a case to your room. We had them deliver it and it was well worth not having to lug on the water in our opinion!!

There is a third option. Bring a refillable water bottle, and forget about bringing on cases of water. I realize there are people that are addicted to bottled water and would probably go into some sort of withdrawal without it, but the ship's water is just fine, and probably as good as or better than most of the bottled water you can buy.

You can just take a brita water bottle. Saves space and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Except you'll be wasting filters since the water on board is already filtered, probably more that what Brita and other filters will do. It's not like getting your water at home through 100 year old system pipes. And it's a far far cry from Toledo :rolleyes:. It's a bit hypocritical to say the water on board is bad but then you drink tea, coffee, lemonade, eat food cooked in the water, bush your teeth with the water, etc.

Save yourselves the hassle of lugging all this extra stuff.