Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Hi!

Could someone tell me if there are restrictions on the Carnival gift cards? I haven't seen those, but I looked at the ones for Royal Caribbean and saw this:

"10. Certificate cannot be applied to existing reservations and can only be used towards a new cruise booking.

11. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit, excursions, or gratuities."

Or are the Carnival cards different and just typical gift cards that can be used like cash?

Thanks.

The carnival ones are not like that. They are "gift cards" and can be used (like cash) for ANYTHING, including paying off your cruise balance, or adding credit to your sail and sign account while onboard. Get em while you can, they sell out SUPER FAST! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful because sometimes the carnival offer is a certificate and not the gift cards. The certificates have very similar restrictions like the one you posted from royal Caribbean

Yes, people do need to be careful because the Royal Caribbean ones are listed under the category "Gift Cards" but they say "gift certificate" when you click on them.

Got my cards today. I went online to my booking. I applied the cards but they are not working. Shows the balances on the cards but they are not applied to my balance.

I'm hoping mine come today too. Ordered about the same time as you and same thing with no confirmation but saying shipped on the site. They'd better be here by tomorrow since I sail Sunday!!!

I got some yesterday and was able to use them to pay. There was a place to enter the payment, I added 300 and then there was a button to apply gift card that I had to use 3 times, once for each card. My $500 that I ordered on the 21st should be delivered today.

I received my cards today that were purchased Aug 21, I tried to check the gift card balance to make sure all is good and it tells me invalid pin#. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

It's a Carnival programming issue...and they've been made aware.

In the meantime, there is a work-around.

Make a mock booking (or act like you're going to make a payment on an existing booking) and when it comes time to make a payment, click on the "Use A Carnival Gift Card" payment option.

From there, you're given the opportunity to check the balance on a gift card without entering the PIN #.

You can also mimic the purchase of a shore excursion to get to the "Check Gift Card Balance" link

Hope this makes sense.

Garnett

Please post when the Verizon Carnival Gift cards are available again!

Thanks so much!

Just a suggestion, make sure you are subscribed to this thread with instant email notification, so when someone does post that they are available you will get a heads up on when to go out to the Verizon site. It has helped me tremendously, and I have been able to secure quite a few cards over the last 6 months for 3 different cruises this year. As soon as I see the email with this thread title I pretty much know they are available at that time. But good luck on grabbing some they are so worth the savings!:)

So happy to have heard about these. I am for sure signed up to receive the updates to this thread. Can't wait for them to return. I am assuming that you can use your Carnival cc card to buy them too. Does it still qualify for double points on the Carnival card?

Thanks

Unfortunately not. :(