Choice Air ?

Just booked cruise, now looking at airfare. It appears Choice has a better price for US Airways, but when I go to US Airways website the price is higher. Yes, I know they are operated by AA. Looking for Chicago to San Juan. Other airlines seem to be the same as Choice. Anyone have experience with Choice?

Just booked cruise, now looking at airfare. It appears Choice has a better price for US Airways, but when I go to US Airways website the price is higher. Yes, I know they are operated by AA. Looking for Chicago to San Juan. Other airlines seem to be the same as Choice. Anyone have experience with Choice?

We;ve used Choice Air several times, and for one-way transatlantic flights they had very good prices. However for domestic travel, their prices were the same as the airline website, plus $15 pp for the Choice Air fee.

What would be the advantage to you for using Choice Air?

We have used Choice Air to Europe for one way W/B transatlantics for a much better price than available on the airline websites.

For Sydney, AU we found a much better price and seat category on Air New Zealand than what was available on Choice Air. I think Air New Zealand is our new favorite airline. ;)

We have never used Choice Air on domestic flights, even to San Juan or Hawaii...we have always been able to find a better price online or on the airlines' own website. :)

But it may just depend on what they have available on ticketing.

We've used Choice Air twice and were more than pleased with them. The first time we used them from ATL to Paris and they had a Business class sale that was 1/4 of what the Business one way fare was on delta.com. I have a bad tendency that if I see a super deal and the price is still higher than what we're comfortable paying, I may end up getting it anyway. Did it on that flight and Business class spoiled me.

2nd time Choice Air had a promotion with Royal that if you booked your flights using Choice Air, they would give you $1,000 off the price of the cruise. I think that promotion is going on again. Airfare coming back from Copenhagen through Choice Air was $1,100 total for both of us so that was basically the equivalent of a free flight.

As others have mentioned, I think Choice Air is much better to use internationally than domestically. Don't see that big a difference on domestic flights.

Tim

Edited by cruisin4kicks

Comparing our cost to Sydney over the airlines etc & Choice Air, the airlines wanted $1250 PP, thru Choice Air, $841.91 PP

Yes.......just saying Choice Air isn't always cheaper. :rolleyes:

Choice has a better price

I suggest going to the cruise air forum and reading up on the potential differences in tickets purchased through Cruise Air. A significantly lower price probably means you are getting a different ticket, although the difference may not be evident unless or until there is a major delay or cancellation.

I always book using Choice Air. We fly the same day and I don't want to have to worry about missing a flight, ship, etc.

Booking through CA in no way guarantees that you won't miss a flight or miss the ship.

Edited by waterbug123

I suggest going to the cruise air forum and reading up on the potential differences in tickets purchased through Cruise Air. A significantly lower price probably means you are getting a different ticket, although the difference may not be evident unless or until there is a major delay or cancellation.

We booked our flights to Copenhagen through Choice Air when we did our b2b on Vision last June. Both flights were on Air Canada out of Toronto.

Going we had a major delay leaving Toronto and an even greater delay leaving Copenhagen which made us miss our connection in Toronto back to Cleveland. AC took care of putting us up in a really nice hotel for the evening, giving us meal vouchers for dinner and breakfast and then got us on a flight the next morning back home.

Booking through CA in no way guarantees that you won't miss a flight or miss the ship.

It wasn't a major delay but::::

This past April we were coming home from Rome, via British Airways, on Choice Air tickets. Our flight from Rome, was late getting into Heathrow so we were worried about making our flight to Phoenix. When we got off the plane, there was someone from British Air waiting for us. She fast tracked us through the terminal so we were able to catch our flight. Sadly, our luggage didn't make it and was delivered to our home the next day.

Based on this and the story from the person who actually missed their flight, I would book Choice Air, for overseas flights anytime.

I always book using Choice Air. We fly the same day and I don't want to have to worry about missing a flight, ship, etc. The prices are comparable and they are very accommodating.

We used CA when we flew to Barcelona for a transatlantic. Since we flew in the day of the cruise, it was nice knowing, if we missed the ship, they would get us to the next port and no extra cost to us.

Sure, everyone knows you could miss the ship, but it's how you're taken care of, if it happens, that's important.

We used Choice Air last year to Rome. We got a good price. The only problem is that on our way over we were booked with two different carriers. We connected in Canada. The two airlines had no agreement. We had to collect our bags, go through customs and then check in at the other airline. We had a hard time making the connection because of that. If they would have had an agreement our bags would have gone right through to the next flight. So just make sure the airlines are ok if they book different carriers. That was the only problem, the rest was great.

Now that Southwest/Airtran flies to San Juan out of St. Louis, that is what we use...beings we are only about 30 minutes from Lambert on the Illinois side!

Us too, even though we're a bit farther from STL.

I booked my domestic flight for October from Dayton to boston with Choice Air.. It was the same price as going directly through the airline but I was under the impression it was a better choice because they say if there is a delay or something they will make sure you get there.. after reading so many negative things on cc I am starting to second guess my decision! Will they reroute the flight or whatever or did I misunderstand the fine print?? Super worried as I fly in the morning of! :confused::eek:

I booked my domestic flight for October from Dayton to boston with Choice Air.. It was the same price as going directly through the airline but I was under the impression it was a better choice because they say if there is a delay or something they will make sure you get there.. after reading so many negative things on cc I am starting to second guess my decision! Will they reroute the flight or whatever or did I misunderstand the fine print?? Super worried as I fly in the morning of! :confused::eek:

The distinction people are trying to make is that if you have a problem with a flight, then the airline may or may not be able to help you if you have a Choice Air ticket. You might have to call Choice Air to get help. So keep the Choice Air emergency number with you.

Edited by clarea

The distinction people are trying to make is that if you have a problem with a flight, then the airline may or may not be able to help you if you have a Choice Air ticket. You might have to call Choice Air to get help. So keep the Choice Air emergency number with you.

Oh okay. Gotcha. I had read on another thread things about choice air not being reroutable to and started to get worried as that didnt really make sense if they guarentee to get you there.