Norwegian Rolling Out All Inclusive Packages

cruisetexas

I think it is only a bargain if you presently buy their "cheers" package and their $117 dine up sale. You get standard gratituties and $200 excursion credit. I would never benefit from this type of "all inclusive" rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Grats are included in the NCL package. And I thought I read somewhere that you get $100 OBC or discount on the base fare, but don't quote me on that.

I think it was a 10% discount on fare which could be great if you were booking a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it was a 10% discount on fare which could be great if you were booking a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, says 10% here:

Norwegian's 'All-Inclusive' package bundles in tours, specialty dining, drinks and shaves 10% off the fare

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/norwegians-all-inclusive-package-bundles-in-tours-specialty-dining-drinks-and-shaves-10-off-the-fare.html

It's also designed for the folks who like a land vacation at a resort with options.

Imho it's not for the cheap cruisers who try not to spend more then they have to on a ship.

Altho having a variety of restaurants shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Maybe carnival can find a way to spruce up the fantasy class ships and keep them until they're 30 years old

I'd be interested to know if the 10% off the cruise fare is off of the fare you actually book vs. the 'standard' rate. If the former it could be worthwhile, if the latter it is meaningless.

Let's assume that it is off whatever you actually pay for the fare. That's pretty conservatively worth $75.

The drinks part would run you approx $400.

Tips are $84.

$200 towards excursions.

Restaurant cover charges are worth $119.

Leaves you with 20 pictures and 4 hours of internet time for $120 ish.

I'm not sure that people who book relatively expensive cabins, drink often and regularly make use of specialty restaurants would place much value on essentially prepurchasing 20 photos.

There are some people who only sail in the Haven and dine excusively at Cagney's and Le Bistro, I think this is targeted more for them then say someone like me who sails Ocean View and would only do up charge once as a treat.

I'd be interested to know if the 10% off the cruise fare is off of the fare you actually book vs. the 'standard' rate. If the former it could be worthwhile, if the latter it is meaningless.

Let's assume that it is off whatever you actually pay for the fare. That's pretty conservatively worth $75.

The drinks part would run you approx $400.

Tips are $84.

$200 towards excursions.

Restaurant cover charges are worth $119.

Leaves you with 20 pictures and 4 hours of internet time for $120 ish.

I'm not sure that people who book relatively expensive cabins, drink often and regularly make use of specialty restaurants would place much value on essentially prepurchasing 20 photos.

What is the difference between standard rate and the rate you book at?

When i go to their website and price a cruise i only see one price listed for each category? :confused:

Bill

The $12 per day tips are not included from what I understand. Only the service charges per drink are what they are talking about.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

On my e mail ad, the write up says gratuities associated with package and service charges.

Doesn't work here. Sailing with 2 diabetics and we barely make it to one non-alcoholic drink at the cocktail party! The 3rd person is not a soda drinker either.

Maybe the speciality coffees??? If everyone in the cabin needs to purchase the package, no sale either.

We normally don't go to the speciality restaurants on Carnival since we are happy with both the food choices in the buffet and the MDR. On NCL, it would be a different story!!!!!

Of the 3 of us, I buy the most photos.

Tours, maybe, depending on what is being offered in each port. If we have been to a port before, many times we like to do things on our own.

It will be interesting to see how NCL does. My sailings on NCL always seemed to include passengers who spent little or no money on board but had OBC to use up as well.:(

MARAPRINCE

A rep from Norwegian called me today because he said he's noticed I've been on the website. We've been thinking of taking a last minute cruise up to Alaska.

I asked him if he had any good specials going on, maybe for obc??.....

He said no, nothing like that really going on now, BUT we do have a really good deal going on with an all-inclusive package....

I told him I knew quite a bit about that deal already. And that on cruise critic a lot of folks aren't thinking it's a very good deal for their particular circumstances. He kind of chuckled and said, "well for some people it's a good deal"!

Anyway, he said he would call me back later in the week too see if I've made any decision on going on that Alaska cruise. He was really very nice.

Why is that? Is there some reason that having all those restaurants is not for you?

Maybe she doesn't enjoy being nickle-and-dimed by having to pay at 'nicer' restaurants ..... y'know, that thing that Carnival DOESN'T do as much of?

Maybe she doesn't enjoy being nickle-and-dimed by having to pay at 'nicer' restaurants ..... y'know, that thing that Carnival DOESN'T do as much of?

Surely you jest.:)

NCL has the same amount of FREE MDR's as CCL. The others if YOU CHOOSE to pay extra is your CHOICE.

So because CCL only has 2 pay options they aren't nickle and diming but NCL with 7 or so is.

I think I understand now.:)

Bill

The NCL all-inclusive package is being offered this month to those who already booked cruises in 2015 as an add-on. As of 2015, it is being offered for all cruises. It wouldn't work for us - especially if we cruise 4 in a cabin. 2 of my family members can't drink because of medication issues, and all in the cabin must purchase the package. Our average on board spending is $600-$800. This includes 90 minutes of internet, water, alcohol, pictures and souveneirs. We find the more times we cruise, the less we spend on board!! If we buy 1-2 pictures, that is a lot. NCL is offering 25 pictures - that would be 100 pictures for my family of 4!:eek: While we do pre-pay our grats (way in advance) and pre-book our excursions, and even get the 7 restaurants for $119 deal, the break-even for us won't be met. I am sure there are many people happy with this offering - but an extra $3200 on top of cabin costs is too steep.

This is something that will work for some but not for others. For DW and I it wouldn't work so much. We aren't interested in the beverage program now, enjoy the MDR food just fine so the dining package is a no go. Having the service charges paid is good, as is the $200 excursion credit. Can't see what we'd do with 20 photos each or with 250 internet minutes each. A plate of strawberries each, meh. Bingo, ick. 10% savings on the cabin is okay. Don't care about the wine or the water. Not sure if that's the whole list but there isn't enough there to warrant spending that kind of money.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']
So because CCL only has 2 pay options they aren't nickle and diming but NCL with 7 or so is.
[/quote]

Try re-reading my post. I said CCL isn't nickle-and-diming AS MUCH.

And when it comes to dining options, PARTICULARLY on FunShip 2.0 ships, it's certainly true that CCL doesn't upcharge its specialty restaurants as much as other lines.
NCL in particular is known for having a lot of pay-to-play dining spots...which is fine, and I'd probably opt to eat at some of them once or twice on a cruise, but they clearly have a different dining business model from CCL.

[quote]
I think I understand now.:)
[/quote]

You thought wrong. :)

[quote name='JLee1973']If you purchase cheers for a seven day you are looking at $800 for two people, one night at the steakhouse for two $75. Then excursion credits and various other things it is very competitive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't think it is very competitive- it is $900 per person: $1800 total for 2.
If you use EVERYTHING offered, it could be a good deal, but if you weren't planning on buying 25 photos, don't buy internet minutes, you don't care for ship excursions, or you wanted to eat in the MDR or Buffet some nights, it likely isn't. What NCL is doing is roping you into doing things you wouldn't have normally done- the markup they get on them is lower than if you purchased ala carte, but the total profit is higher than if you didn't get them at all.

However, if you are booking a high level suite, I think there are some cases where it is essentially free, or barely any additional cost, when you take into account the 10% discount on your fare. Then it is a really good deal. Edited by skittl1321

Booked a haven courtyard and the 10% fare reduction made the package several hundred dollars less than just booking the cabin with beverage and dining packages alone. Even though we don't give a flip about sparkling wine, photos, water, strawberries, etc. They turn out to be free, as are the internet and shore excursion packages. Priced it out for a spa balcony and all-in would have been about $160 pp more than paying the rate for the cabin, dining and beverage packages as well as Gratuities (what NCL calls daily service charge.)