Chops Grille or Samba Grill on Allure

Going on Allure at the end of the month. I've been going back on forth as to weather to book a reservation at Chops Grille...I keep reading mixed reviews.

I have an dining voucher from my TA and I thought this could be a great place to use it.

I also have a dining reservation booked at Giovanni's Table.

Would Samba Grill be a good choice?

If the choice is Chops or Samba, I suggest Samba Grill. Since it is more a Brazilian steakhouse, it is different from the standard stateside or cruise ship steakhouse restaurant. We've enjoyed both on the Allure.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Keep in mind that for many reviews, people had to have a strong feelings one way or the other. Good or disappointing rarely makes the cut -- it has to be really good or really disappointing.

That being said, if you haven't been to a Brazillian steakhouse yet -- it's certainly worth doing. Just make sure any other travelers are big meat eaters and that everyone comes with an appetite. :)

Samba grill is a different experience then Chops. Each RC boat I have been on has a steak house but only Allure had a Samba grill. I'm going on Oasis and miss this option.

I second Vikingbride2be's thoughts on if your party has a hearty appetite for meat you will enjoy the experience.

Edited by Doggyranger

We are cruising the Allure in September.

We booked Chops and Giovanni's Table.

We were going to book Samba, but read somewhere that this restaurant is outdoors and is very warm. Could someone please clarify?

Thank you,

Barb

Going on Allure at the end of the month. I've been going back on forth as to weather to book a reservation at Chops Grille...I keep reading mixed reviews.

I have an dining voucher from my TA and I thought this could be a great place to use it.

I've done both on Allure (Chops and Samba) Between the 2, I'd pick Chops. My two times there was good and very good. Have you ever done a Brazilian Style Steak house before? I hadn't and I found it fun. For those who have done this type of restaurant before on land find Samba a less than great comparison. I didn't have anything to compare it to.

Edited by BillOh

We are cruising the Allure in September.

We booked Chops and Giovanni's Table.

We were going to book Samba, but read somewhere that this restaurant is outdoors and is very warm. Could someone please clarify?

Thank you,

Barb

Samba grill is indoors and is climate controlled like any other indoor venue. It is the same area where lunch and breakfast are served as the Solarium Café. At night it becomes Samba Grill.

M

We dined at Samba Grill on Allure this past May and it was terrible. In no way did it resemble anything close to a legit Brazilian steakhouse like you'd find on land. The quality of the meat was poor and the experience was not typical -- it more closely resembled a tasting menu scenario than what you typically experience at a Churrascaria.

We dined in Chops on one of our Oasis cruises and really enjoyed it. I would strongly suggest Chops.

Edited by Dave85

I suggest Chops. The food is excellent and the service great. Have been to both multiple times, but our last Samba Grill dinner in January on the Allure was disappointing. They had a really nice floor show previously on the allure and the Oasis but discontinued it. The food is interesting, but you have to like meat. It is interesting and worthwhile if you can swing two speciality dinner reservations- but Giovanni's table would be my #2 choice, Samba #3.

If you have been to a Brazilian Steakhouse before you might not be impressed with Samba Grill. If not, it is a fun experience.

Agree here, we're big fans of the local Brazilian Steakhouse. When we did Samba on Radiance there was a bit of "It was good and all, but not good like back home..."

If you haven't been to one, give Samba a try. If you have, temper your expectations if you go. The way I see it, there's a better chance you'll have a Chops on your next cruise than a Samba Grill.

Keep in mind that for many reviews, people had to have a strong feelings one way or the other. Good or disappointing rarely makes the cut -- it has to be really good or really disappointing.

That being said, if you haven't been to a Brazillian steakhouse yet -- it's certainly worth doing. Just make sure any other travelers are big meat eaters and that everyone comes with an appetite. :)

In my opinion, if you have been to a Brazilian steakhouse, try Chops, because Samba doesn't measure up to any of the Brazilian steakhouses in Philly that I've been to.

We loved Samba's on the allure and hope that they will eventually be added across the RCI Fleet!

True, Samba's is not quite as authentic as a shore based Brazilian Grille.

You can easily stuff yourself full on the salad bar before you ever eat any meat at all.

The Cheese rolls are superb!

DSCN0473_zps797aa6d5.jpg

DSCN0474_zps3aba249c.jpg

Any restaurant that offers chilled boiled shrimp, already peeled for me rates high in my book!

DSCN0476_zps08885153.jpg

The meats are served at your table, all kinds, but we enjoyed the Turkey, Filet Mignon, and Lamb Chops the most. They even had Mint Jelly to go with the Lamb Chops.

I have read lots of moans & growns about how the meat was cooked! Remember this: "If You Don't Ask, You don't Get!" They Will cook anything to order, exactly how you want it if you ask.