Average spend per person, per week?

People do bring bottled water onboard at the start of the cruise quite often. It has to be unopened bottles (fully sealed by manufacturer). People put them in their luggage to give to the stewards or bring it on in their carry on luggage. You cannot bring on additional supplies of water from the port stops.

We bring collapsible water bottles that we keep filled. Our cabin steward keep our ice bucket filled, and we fill our water bottles with the water as it melts....works perfectly for us. Over night we keep our water bottles in the cooler in the room....works OK for us as well.

This is so subjective. I have seen people report spending a couple of thousand on a 5 night cruise and others who spend nothing on a 10 night. We don't spend what we used to because we're D so free evening cocktails, don't buy photos (get one free each due to status), never play bingo. Book specialty and any excursions before we board. We also usually prepay gratuities and use cash for additional ones. We've spent as much as $1200 on a 7 night when we bought jewelry and as little as $200 on a 10 night just this past March when we had $150 obc (booked on previous cruise) and part of that was our gratuities that hadn't been prepaid. We're doing one excursion and one night in Giovanni's in Nov and both are already booked and paid for and our grats will be at final payment this week so our obc ($150) will be for miscellaneous stuff.

If you choose My Time Dining, you are required to pay gratuities with your cruise fare. If not, contact RCI and they will take care of it for you.

Most US ports will permit you to carry a reasonable amount of water or soft drinks onboard. We usually take a 12 pack of soda and some bottles of water to take into port. That is enough for us on a one week cruise. Onboard, we find the ships water to be good. Lemonade and unsweetened iced tea are included in the fare. Many (including me) find the WJ and MDR coffee to be acceptable. DW drinks tea, which is also included.

I learned that the burgers in the MDR at lunch are the same burgers used at Johnny Rockets. So if you're primarily interested in the burger, go there. I like to have a burger and tutti salad for lunch on sea days.

People do bring bottled water onboard at the start of the cruise quite often. It has to be unopened bottles (fully sealed by manufacturer). People put them in their luggage to give to the stewards or bring it on in their carry on luggage. You cannot bring on additional supplies of water from the port stops.

We bring collapsible water bottles that we keep filled. Our cabin steward keep our ice bucket filled, and we fill our water bottles with the water as it melts....works perfectly for us. Over night we keep our water bottles in the cooler in the room....works OK for us as well.

Have you seen the threads on what people use the ice buckets for? :eek:

We drink tap water. If I want a glass of water, I ask at a bar or go to a drink station. In port, we just buy a bottle as needed.

Purely a guesstimate at best and being very generous in saying that....:)

You did ask how someone could know, and I gave an answer. They are not guesstimates. Perhaps you would find the same things using some of the advanced features of Google search to find published data.

As far as I can tell all you've done in this thread is announce that you don't know anything, so why should I care if you are "being very generous" in announcing how wrong or ill informed you are?:confused:

Edited by LMaxwell

For two week cruise ....

I've just switched to MTD so grats paid

I've bought the 5 bottles wine package at £112 plus we will take two free bottles, so that's me sorted.

Soda package bought for DD at £3.50 per day.

So, on ship we spend:

About 3 pints of beer a day - last year we spent about £150 on beer

Occasional transfers

Occasional cocktail ;) for me.

Total bill for two weeks came to less than £400 (which is just a little more than what we would spend on food and drink and petrol at home).

We drink water, juice or house coffee for soft drinks.

Enough with the rope thing. Are you aware of mean, median, mode, and range when it comes to statistics? It's got everything to do with numbers, which can definitely be measured. The cruiseline most certainly knows down to the penny what every person is "worth" on any given cruise.

Odd question to some I suppose, but I'd love to know what the average spend per passenger is including gratuities, drinks, meals (anything that gets billed to onboard account, basically)! Will help us to budget and guesstimate how much to save up for 2016 :-)
Have no clue how anyone on CC could have that info for you???:confused::confused:
Average onboard spend per passenger per night for RCCL in 2013 was US$62.91.

The numbers are right there in the RCCL Annual 10-K Report. Divide Onboard revenues of US$2,237,176,000 by 35,561,772 Passenger Cruise Days.

A particular passenger can spend much less than this, or a LOT more.

Thom

The numbers are right there in the RCCL Annual 10-K Report. Divide Onboard revenues of US$2,237,176,000 by 35,561,772 Passenger Cruise Days.

Thom

Thank you, this was super helpful :D

Thom

Based on what has been said in this thread, many seasoned cruisers spend appreciably less per passenger per night than this....therefore the newbie cruiser is bringing up the average with their large tab at the end of their cruise.

Exactly why cruise lines, want new cruisers all the time....they appreciate the loyalty of repeat business, but if a cruise has too many of them, the average surely suffers.

Yes, they do run special cruises for C&A members only (but not many of them, from what I can see) -- something I cannot ever see myself and DH doing.

Based on what has been said in this thread, many seasoned cruisers spend appreciably less per passenger per night than this....therefore the newbie cruiser is bringing up the average with their large tab at the end of their cruise.

Exactly why cruise lines, want new cruisers all the time....they appreciate the loyalty of repeat business, but if a cruise has too many of them, the average surely suffers.

Yes, they do run special cruises for C&A members only (but not many of them, from what I can see) -- something I cannot ever see myself and DH doing.

There are no cruises for C&A members only. There are C&A Member's cruises, but they are open to everyone. The returning C&A members get gifts and special events.

My bill is usually between 450-550 for a seven night. This includes drinks, excursions and little trinkets to bring home. This time I prepaid tips and bought a drink package already and my cruise isn't till January. Everyone is different.

Enjoy your cruise!

There are no cruises for C&A members only. There are C&A Member's cruises, but they are open to everyone. The returning C&A members get gifts and special events.

Thanks for the clarification....I really thought they were only for C&A members....still would not go on one of them....just too many people who have too much of an 'entitlement' mindset.....not saying all, just I have already met enough of them, on regular cruises.

Welcome to cruise critic!

Your question is difficult to answer, because the answer for you is based on the cruise that you are sailing and your preferences.

As we sail more, our onboard account gets smaller. Our spending these days is a few drinks and perhaps a shore excursion or a specialty restaurant. On our earlier (younger) cruises, we drank more, took more shore excursions, shopped more, and bought a lot of pictures.

No we mostly bypass the photographer, drink less (aging, I guess) and know that most onboard "sales" are nothing special. In port, we often go off on our own or book excursions online, depending on the port.

That's spot on us too. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that on our first 3 day cruise we spent a whopping $1,000 on board! :eek:

We've learned our lesson about pictures, the spa, etc and now on a 7 day cruise usually spend $300 - 400 on board.