Disgusted Cruiser

[quote name='Aussieflyer'] The EOE is the short one from Singapore to Bangkok or vice versa.
[/QUOTE]

We did that about three years ago. We were supposed to be going from Bangkok to Singapore but our itinerary was messed up by severe flooding in South Thailand. The train was stuck in Malaysia. We were in Langkawi when we heard about the itinerary change. E&OE were excellent, they changed our flights and picked us up at Singapore airport.

We really enjoyed the train trip although, be warned, the train does jolt a lot when moving and it is more noticeable the further away you are from the engine.

E&OE arranged extra excursions, including a very good one of KL which wasn't in the original itinerary.

The meals on the train were excellent and there some very good wines available at reasonable prices. Their house wines weren't great though (Jacob's Creek).

There was entertainment in the evenings including an excellent pianist who played in the bar until the wee small hours ;) Edited by OzKiwiJJ

[quote name='Aussieflyer']No that's the Golden Eagle (and hock the house to take that :o though it looks really good). The EOE is the short one from Singapore to Bangkok or vice versa.
Need to fill up the bank coffers again - you know it is really annoying having the money for the tax bill there and not being able to spend it :D[/QUOTE]

Right, either trip would be nice but I think I would prefer the Asian trip anyway. Yeah, but keeping the money now is better than still having a really large bill after you have spent it.:eek:

Thanks for the information OzKiwiJJ. We have looked at the trip a few times over the past few years but somehow seem to go somewhere else (mostly on a boat it seems) for holidays. We can do it as a short trip away - a couple of days in BK and a few in SIN without it becoming a big deal.

[quote name='NSWP']So where is the OP, Cruisercool? Stll manning the phones at Carnival Australia Office, North Sydney?[/QUOTE]

NO....busy cleaning the toilets and sweeping the floors at Carnival's office. Doubt you would get someone " actually" working for Carnival making dumb arse comments like that.....and would not have the guts to come back and defend what he /she said.

[quote name='gbenjo']NO....busy cleaning the toilets and sweeping the floors at Carnival's office. Doubt you would get someone " actually" working for Carnival making dumb arse comments like that.....and would not have the guts to come back and defend what he /she said.[/QUOTE]

Gone back under the bridge waiting for the next silly billy to come past and buy their guff, I would expect.:rolleyes: Edited by MicCanberra

[quote name='Gnomey']Ah yes folks, but didn't the OP provide us all with some sport eh?

Steve.[/quote]

He/ she is probably an aged care worker in disguise and just giving we decrepid oldies a bit of mental stimulation. Gotta keep that brain workng...now what was your name again sonny ? Thanks for that Cruisecooler.

Haha. Had to laugh. With all the baby boomers retiring they'll (including me)will be taking over all the cruises. Sorry you younguns!

Is that why there are more ships relocating to Australia? :D:D

As I get closer to retirement I do seem to be cruising more. :eek:

Haha. Had to laugh. With all the baby boomers retiring they'll (including me)will be taking over all the cruises. Sorry you younguns!

Is that why there are more ships relocating to Australia? :D:D

As I get closer to retirement I do seem to be cruising more. :eek:

Yep, a simple equation,

Time + Money = Cruising.:D

Oh that train trip sounds fabulous! :)

I reckon the OP is lurking & very disappointed that we are poking the ants nest having a fat old laugh!! ;)

It was, and we've done a couple of others since then. The Royal Scotsman, which I think was the absolute best, and the Maharajah's Express which was also very good. If the Christmas cruise on Sun Princess is as good as the trains I'll be very happy. :)

There has certainly been some great laughs on this thread. :D

I can remember suggesting my father, when he was 70, back in about 1980, that he might like to go on a cruise. He said no, they were full of old people !

Actually, it seems to me that people on cruises are getting younger, but maybe that is me getting older and vaguer !

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.... I wonder what the original poster is going to do when he gets older? After working for most of his life and then retiring is he going to sit at home alone, not going anywhere? He won't be taking a holiday on a cruise ship, spending money, having fun and seeing the world that's for sure! What a sad, lonely life he has ahead of him.

I'm in my 30's but I admire the older generation for getting out there and enjoying life. They've worked darn hard and ought to be able to spoil themselves and have a great time! Party hard older peeps!

Hmmm.... I wonder what the original poster is going to do when he gets older? After working for most of his life and then retiring is he going to sit at home alone, not going anywhere? He won't be taking a holiday on a cruise ship, spending money, having fun and seeing the world that's for sure! What a sad, lonely life he has ahead of him.

I'm in my 30's but I admire the older generation for getting out there and enjoying life. They've worked darn hard and ought to be able to spoil themselves and have a great time! Party hard older peeps!

If we are lucky, we will get to enjoy both old age and cruising.;)

I've nearly run out of popcorn :eek: but no OP back.

This thread has taken on a life of its own. :D

We had a great train trip on the Hiram Bingham back from Machu Picchu - Orient Express dinner service all inclusive three course dinner, pre-dinner drinks in the bar car with the band and a real swinging time! If you are at MP thoroughly recommend at least one way on the HB train.

Perhaps I should be slapped down as not a wave or ship in site on this trip! :D

Edited by Aussieflyer

I've nearly run out of popcorn :eek: but no OP back.

This thread has taken on a life of its own. :D

We had a great train trip on the Hiram Bingham back from Machu Picchu - Orient Express dinner service all inclusive three course dinner, pre-dinner drinks in the bar car with the band and a real swinging time! If you are at MP thoroughly recommend at least one way on the HB train.

Perhaps I should be slapped down as not a wave or ship in site on this trip! :D

We also did the train to and from MP but not the dinner.:D

We also did the train to and from MP but not the dinner.:D

We went up on the non-HB train and back on Hiram Bingham - a party that was! I seem to remember some pisco sours being handed round. The band in the bar car played and everyone sang!

We did cruise on that trip - just not then :)

I can remember suggesting my father, when he was 70, back in about 1980, that he might like to go on a cruise. He said no, they were full of old people !

!

My mum never had a chance to cruise, because my dad said, "What am I supposed to do? go down to the engine room and watch them turn?"

I am sorry she never was able. After my dad died, there was not enough money left for her to cruise.

My mum never had a chance to cruise, because my dad said, "What am I supposed to do? go down to the engine room and watch them turn?"

I am sorry she never was able. After my dad died, there was not enough money left for her to cruise.

That is sad for your mum, especially as it sounds like she really wanted to do one.