El Cheapo Cruises Thread

yes it was a German company and I had to scan the internet to find it hope that helps :D

When you mentioned excellent service, that was the well known German TA I guessed that you might have used. I would use them also.

"For those who have booked in Euros would you mind letting us know the country your travel agent was in. Or did you use the cruise lines Euro site etc. How did you find where to book. Any clues within cc rules appreciated"

The TA was in London. He contacted me by email after he saw I had been enquiring direct online to Europe HO.

Whereas I hate this thread far too much temptation:eek::D;)

Yes. Its very tempting thread.

There is some baragins around. Anyone notice how cheap the Explorer repo from Singapore to Perth is getting too in November. I saw pricing around $655 per person for 10 day cruise.

Yes. Its very tempting thread.

There is some baragins around. Anyone notice how cheap the Explorer repo from Singapore to Perth is getting too in November. I saw pricing around $655 per person for 10 day cruise.

You have to love November, usually the best month for cruise bargains. Only a low chance of a cyclone then also.

Hi everyone

It's a love:D/ hate:D feeling with this thread ,in saying that I have booked 3 cruises all due to this thread .

thanks

Cheers Deb

Thats what the thread is all about. Booking people on baragins. :D

yes it was a German company and I had to scan the internet to find it hope that helps :D

OMG! I found that company and looked up a Princess 14 night Med/Aegean itinerary sailing later this month.

Princess website inside cabin AU$2899 or 2057 Euros.

German website 894 Euros.

That's 1163 Euros, or AU$1638 pp CHEAPER!

Thanks, sheridan318, I've bookmarked that website for future use.

I might be able to afford to cruise in the Med after all. :D

TY :D its not too early to start dreaming of my 2017 river cruise right?

Whereas I hate this thread far too much temptation:eek::D;)

I agree ...this thread a recent find for me but I LOVE it! We have a Nov 2015 cruise booked and I almost added a B2B thanks to this thread LOL

...trying to resist :p

Wow just got my email confirming my cruise on Solstice 26 November 8 days Balcony guaranteed , Sth Pacific with the beverage package for $1099 including gratuities and taxes port charges etc . I was suprised it included grats

I dithered and finally booked tonight, one day before deadline, booked direct, took about 4 tries to actually get it through correctly. The delay cost about $230, as we paid $2430 for 2 of us, but $1215 each is still cheap for a balcony with drinks package, the drinks alone are $63 pd each - that is $1008 for 8 days, balcony upgrade worth at least $400 each, so infact the cruise actually costs $542 for two, can't beat that lolol. Deposit already paid. Confirmation Email received, now just on a countdown :)

[quote name='Aussie FF']Very sad that we could not get this deal.:(
Because it's guarantee only, we could not get an accessible cabin.[/QUOTE]

That is a pity, have you tried ringing them? I see today the offer is extended to 17th May.

[quote name='icat2000']I think they saying they can get the deal, however, because they need a certain type of cabin (which is not available) is why they can't take it up.[/quote]

Yes, you can't book an accessible cabin (only limited number) as a guarantee booking, which, by its very nature, means you have to accept any cabin in the category paid for (or higher).

Lovely bargain here for that new ship experience:

Quantum of the Seas; Singapore -> Shanghai; 9 nt; dep 15 Jun 2015
Inside $676/p ts
Outside $776/p ts
Balcony $876/p ts

3/4s aren't quite as cheap, but ~$100 extra to that /p rate so still a good price. (No point going for quads at that price though.)

[quote name='The_Big_M']Lovely bargain here for that new ship experience:

Quantum of the Seas; Singapore -> Shanghai; 9 nt; dep 15 Jun 2015
Inside $676/p ts
Outside $776/p ts
Balcony $876/p ts

3/4s aren't quite as cheap, but ~$100 extra to that /p rate so still a good price. (No point going for quads at that price though.)[/quote]

Fantastic price for this leg. We booked a long time ago through a US agent who happened to have some group space and paid $1600 US with free grats and $100 OBC included (the $$ was much closer to parity back then) . That was a few hundred pp below the going rate at the time and the rate had only been rising steadily since.

Also might be an indication that sales are not as good as expected in China because this cruise was also virtually sold out (group bookings taken by Chinese TA's is my guess) for a long time prior to final payment.

Still showing balconies at 0ver $3000 USD pp.

It is interesting that RCL are saying that they will not be doing deep discounts prior to sailings in the USA and this seems somewhat true BUT they are now doing those deep discounts in other markets as evidenced by this and the bargain RCL cruises last summer in Aus.

We are about to board Quantum tomorrow and the prices have dropped a while ago in Euros for our first to legs to be about 1/3 of the currently advertised USA price.

Maybe the worm is turning. If only we could get the same terms and conditions.

[quote name='woodyren']
It is interesting that RCL are saying that they will not be doing deep discounts prior to sailings in the USA and this seems somewhat true BUT they are now doing those deep discounts in other markets as evidenced by this and the bargain RCL cruises last summer in Aus.

[/QUOTE]

With the Aussie dollar relatively low added to the high cost of drinks and speciality dining on RCI they may indeed be finding that bookings are slow.

Now if they offered those prices along with a free drinks package I'd be very, very tempted. Would still have to upgrade the drinks package, of course, but that would be affordable. Edited by OzKiwiJJ

[quote name='icat2000']Here is why Princess Australia have been smart. Shifting Diamond Princess and Golden Princess into Australian dollars while sailing down here.[/quote]

Yep we were looking at a cruise with Princess or Celebrity and this was a factor in gong Princess [more the issue of certainty] I can book a cruise with on board charges in US$ thinking that I can well afford the on boards that I want and come the cruise find that they cost a fair bit more (easily 20% more).

[quote name='woodyren']It is interesting that RCL are saying that they will not be doing deep discounts prior to sailings in the USA and this seems somewhat true BUT they are now doing those deep discounts in other markets as evidenced by this and the bargain RCL cruises last summer in Aus.
[/quote]

Keep in mind that isn't really a change to the before situation. They would still discount in the US, but not any further discounts less than 10 days out.

By that point, all the discounting has already been done, and most cabins already sold. Saying there wouldn't be discounts after that point wasn't changing much.

[quote]
We are about to board Quantum tomorrow and the prices have dropped a while ago in Euros for our first to legs to be about 1/3 of the currently advertised USA price.
[/QUOTE]

Hope you enjoy it (and those DD bugs are gone)! Let us know your thoughts when you come back. :-)

[quote name='OzKiwiJJ']
Now if they offered those prices along with a free drinks package I'd be very, very tempted. [/QUOTE]

Starting at $75/night for a new ship is a brilliant price, and unrealistic to think they'd throw a drinks package in on top...