El Cheapo Cruises Thread

[quote name='The_Big_M']Starting at $75/night for a new ship is a brilliant price, and unrealistic to think they'd throw a drinks package in on top...[/quote]
Its a baragin for a brand spanking new ship.

[quote name='OzKiwiJJ']Hey, I can dream ;)[/QUOTE]

Hehe, that you can.

I was really surprised to see that price. Surrounding cruises are booked out though, so it may be there was a late group cancellation that caused this.

[quote name='The_Big_M']Hehe, that you can.

I was really surprised to see that price. Surrounding cruises are booked out though, so it may be there was a late group cancellation that caused this.[/QUOTE]

It is indeed a great price, but by the time you add in airfares and hotels, and onboard costs with currency conversion, it's not that cheap. Bummer! :(

It must be something like a last minute cancellation for RCI to offer those prices.

[quote name='OzKiwiJJ']It is indeed a great price, but by the time you add in airfares and hotels, and onboard costs with currency conversion, it's not that cheap. Bummer! :(

It must be something like a last minute cancellation for RCI to offer those prices.[/QUOTE]

I'd still take it up if the dates worked for me. Unfortunately they don't!

That ship, at other times, is even more and you still have those extra costs at those times as well. When Ovation visits here more than a year later, it'll be more than the cost of this including the cost of flights and accommodation.

[quote name='The_Big_M']I'd still take it up if the dates worked for me. Unfortunately they don't!

That ship, at other times, is even more and you still have those extra costs at those times as well. When Ovation visits here more than a year later, it'll be more than the cost of this including the cost of flights and accommodation.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could but it's out of my budget unfortunately. :(

Explorer of the Sea's April 23 2016
24 nights Sydney to Seattle
Lots of sea days, includes 2 days Fiji and 2 days Lahaina
Keenly priced for an inside at $1668pp including tips or $1342pp without !!!!!

Bargain for anyone thinking of heading that way.... we have a hold on a cabin just need to build a holiday around it.......... as you do......... :)

[quote name='badgerbill']Explorer of the Sea's April 23 2016

Bargain for anyone thinking of heading that way.... we have a hold on a cabin just need to build a holiday around it.......... as you do......... :)[/QUOTE]

Yeap its a bargain price. That pricing on the RCL site direct too. Not for me though. I got other plans.

Bargain for anyone thinking of heading that way.... we have a hold on a cabin just need to build a holiday around it.......... as you do......... :)[/quote]

Love the 2x2 day ports of call in Fiji and Hawaii on the trans Pacific. I hope this is the start of a new trend, as many people prefer the longer cruises, rather than the express TPs.

I love the way you build a trip around a cruise, as I do.

[quote name='MMDown Under']Love the 2x2 day ports of call in Fiji and Hawaii on the trans Pacific. I hope this is the start of a new trend, as many people prefer the longer cruises, rather than the express TPs.

I love the way you build a trip around a cruise, as I do.[/quote]

Agree! Overnight stopovers during a cruise are definitely an attraction for some people (like myself as my cruising history shows :D). There has been an overnight call for the last three cruises I've been on (Melbourne/Hobart 1.5 days, Bangkok 2 days, Cairns 2 days). They are great for being able to experience a bit more of that part of the world!

Hopefully Royal Caribbean will consider offering Fiji and Hawaii overnights for future transpacific deployments :). Had I not already had a cruise locked in for 2016 (Legend to Hong Kong in April), there would have been a possibility Explorer's 24-night transpacific would have gotten an extra booking :). For me personally, the back-to-back sea days aren't really an issue on a Voyager-class ship as there's lots to do (have experienced 5 consecutive sea days on Voyager of the Seas from Pt Hedland to Bangkok) .

Bargain for anyone thinking of heading that way.... we have a hold on a cabin just need to build a holiday around it.......... as you do......... :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, we also have a 24 hr hold - can't believe the price. Had 2 alternatives for a holiday and this won, so Yellow Stone, here we come (after the cruise of course).

Thanks for the thread and thanks Shiona.
Rosie

[quote name='Rassa']Thanks, we also have a 24 hr hold - can't believe the price. Had 2 alternatives for a holiday and this won, so Yellow Stone, here we come (after the cruise of course).

Thanks for the thread and thanks Shiona.
Rosie[/quote]
Its a great price. If I wasn't cruising with friends on the Diamond Princess in March 2016, I would have hit the hold button too. Enjoy. I'm another one that books the cruise and then figures out the rest of the bits. :D

If you can't do the big repo to West Coast

Then this is a nice price too.

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX12APR16 Departure Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 11 Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $758 pp inside

[quote name='icat2000']If you can't do the big repo to West Coast

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Code: EX12APR16 Departure Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2016 Cruise Name: New Zealand Nights: 11 Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $758 pp inside[/QUOTE]

Nice find!

Bargain for anyone thinking of heading that way.... we have a hold on a cabin just need to build a holiday around it.......... as you do......... :)[/quote]

Even a Solo price is excellent for this one - Inside Promenade is $119 a night (ex Tips)

The only difficulty is getting a reasonably priced flight. A one way flight can be just as expensive as a return.

[quote name='icat2000']If you can't do the big repo to West Coast

From $758 pp inside[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I've placed a 24 hour hold on this one.

Lovely bargain here for that new ship experience:

Quantum of the Seas; Singapore -> Shanghai; 9 nt; dep 15 Jun 2015

Inside $676/p ts

Outside $776/p ts

Balcony $876/p ts

Could you please tell me what site to go to to buy this cruise

Thanks Erin

Just received an email from Carnival...$500 OBC per stateroom for returning cruisers. Can't be booked online direct through Carnival, you have to call their customer service or go through your TA.

I'm looking at a cruise for May next year but it is still pretty pricy, even taking into account the additional OBC. I'm hoping the price will come down as it gets closer. Do they all end up getting cheaper in the 72 hour sale or should I buy now? At the moment it is still $1500 for 12 nights. We'll have 5 of us in 2 cabins so $1000 OBC for $7500 in fares. Hoping there is still a better deal to be had.

[quote name='ninjacat8'][quote name='The_Big_M']Lovely bargain here for that new ship experience:

Quantum of the Seas; Singapore -> Shanghai; 9 nt; dep 15 Jun 2015
Inside $676/p ts
Outside $776/p ts
Balcony $876/p ts

Could you please tell me what site to go to to buy this cruise
Thanks Erin[/QUOTE]

You could book it through most channels, including the cruise line.

However, that special finished earlier today.

Email from Celebrity Asia cruises BOGO offers:

Buy One Get One Up To 50% Off*

For the very first time, you can buy one get one up to 50% off* Celebrity's 2015 Asia cruises!

Offer ends 31 May

Example pricing:
6 Dec dep Singapore inside GTY $2358 cruise only...for 2 adults but once add grat & taxes $2911 total for 2A- 14nts on Celb Milli Edited by to_dee