Next Cruise Credits Not Accepted

We purchased 2 next cruise credits in Feb, 2010. Maybe there have been some changes since then. Anyway, I called one of the TA's we use today (I know I can't say names but it is a big wholesale store). I tried to book a cruise using these but was told they could not apply them. The solution I was presented with was either paying the full deposit and having the next cruise credit applied to that or booking with RCI and transferring the booking. I choose the latter. I was wondering if anyone has run into this? Also, if you cancel a booking using a next cruise credit can you apply it to another booking, put it back in your account or do you lose it?

We purchased 2 next cruise credits in Feb, 2010. Maybe there have been some changes since then. Anyway, I called one of the TA's we use today (I know I can't say names but it is a big wholesale store). I tried to book a cruise using these but was told they could not apply them. The solution I was presented with was either paying the full deposit and having the next cruise credit applied to that or booking with RCI and transferring the booking. I choose the latter. I was wondering if anyone has run into this? Also, if you cancel a booking using a next cruise credit can you apply it to another booking, put it back in your account or do you lose it?

You probably owned the NC certificate, so the TA could not touch that booking. You did the right thing by booking it yourself and transferring. This is normal.

The NC cannot be unassigned from the cruise and go back to being an NC. You can however change the booking to another cruise. Whether this is free or not depends on the policy of your TA.

The solution I was presented with was either paying the full deposit and having the next cruise credit applied to that

I don't think they can do that. The onboard credit that comes with a NextCruise booking is tied to that particular booking number. If you create a new booking, it won't have that benefit.

or booking with RCI and transferring the booking.

This makes some sense. A NextCruise booking, like any reservation with Royal Caribbean, is associated with a travel agent or with Royal Caribbean directly. If yours are associated with RCI, a travel agent cannot use them. You can transfer the not-yet-reserved-to-a-particular-cruise NextCruise booking to a travel agent and then they can book it, or otherwise you can book it with RCI and then transfer it (within 60 days of establishing the booking on a particular cruise).

Note: If the travel agent is going to put your booking in as part of a group, perhaps for additional benefits, you will be required to pay the full deposit amount. This is normal for being part of a group and does not preclude your NextCruise onboard credit benefit.

Since you have one of the "old" Next Cruise certificates you should be able to transfer the booking to another sailing before final payment if you need to change the date of sailing...Do NOT CANCEL the cruise...tell them you need to transfer a booking...otherwise you will lose your OBC....

Somehow, it doesn't surprise me they are trying to weasel out of the terms of the old NCC's - they were very generous - but was their decision to sell them that way.

I still have 2 of the old ones that we have been holding off using until the time is right - the terms of purchase were very clear - won't play the games when we decide to use them - contract is a contract.

They hold me to mine - we should hold them to theirs.

Somehow, it doesn't surprise me they are trying to weasel out of the terms of the old NCC's - they were very generous - but was their decision to sell them that way.

I still have 2 of the old ones that we have been holding off using until the time is right - the terms of purchase were very clear - won't play the games when we decide to use them - contract is a contract.

They hold me to mine - we should hold them to theirs.

In this case it doesn't look like RCI are trying to weasel out of anything, it looks like the NCC was not assigned to the TA, so the booking had to be made with RCI and then transferred to the TA.

Does anyone know if Royal keeps track of the old NCC...I ask because I am sure I have 1 but I cant for the life of me find it....I remember it had a number on it but not sure how to proceed...I bought 5 used 4 and seem to have lost 1....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Does anyone know if Royal keeps track of the old NCC...I ask because I am sure I have 1 but I cant for the life of me find it....I remember it had a number on it but not sure how to proceed...I bought 5 used 4 and seem to have lost 1....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Call C&A: 800-526-9723.

Edited by clarea

Any ideas?

Thanks

call C&A. They have been able to retrieve the info.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If your member number was referenced on the NCC you can call the C&A department and they should be able to pull up the reservation number for you.

In this case it doesn't look like RCI are trying to weasel out of anything, it looks like the NCC was not assigned to the TA, so the booking had to be made with RCI and then transferred to the TA.

Absolutely correct! I have old NCC bookings, that I hold on to, and then when I'm ready to use them, I book directly with Royal Caribbean, and then, when the time is right, move them via the "Transfer form" to the TA of my choice.

Trying to book anything with a TA, that you originally had booked directly with Royal Caribbean will not work.......per se. Follow the instructions, and you will not only be able to book what you want with Royal Caribbean, but will also be able to transfer them to a TA, at a later date......but beware, not more than 60 days after booking!

Rick

Call C&A: 800-526-9723.

Yup......and the best source of information on Royal Caribbean. It used to be Patti, but Bob seems to be the "on call guy".......maybe Jim and Patti are cruising more. They definitely deserve the time....and are two lovely people that we have had the pleasure of cruising with in the past, including their being introduced into the Pinnacle Club.

Bob.....do you ever sleep??:D

And.......when do we get to cruise together?:)

Rick

We purchased a future cruise last year while sailing on the Jewel. We paid $100 deposit and were told we would receive $100 OBC when we decided to select a cruise at a future date.

Well, we recently decided to go on the Jewel again this September. When we booked the cruise RCI was offering a $200 OBC. We were told we could not combine our $100 OBC with the $200 OBC, and we had to pick one or the other.

I wont buy another one ever again. I feel a bit ripped off with regard to what they offered vs what they delivered.

We purchased a future cruise credit whilst on Serenade in April. In June we contacted our agent to book a cruise for July whilst RCCL recognised that I did indeed have this purchase they could not apply it my booking. This process of them trying took 3 days or so and in the end said they would refund the money I paid but still give me the onboard credit I would be due. Never had this problem before and will seriously think about doing this again

Yup......and the best source of information on Royal Caribbean. It used to be Patti, but Bob seems to be the "on call guy".......maybe Jim and Patti are cruising more. They definitely deserve the time....and are two lovely people that we have had the pleasure of cruising with in the past, including their being introduced into the Pinnacle Club.

Bob.....do you ever sleep??:D

And.......when do we get to cruise together?:)

Rick

I agree, Jim & Patti deserve the crusing time.:)

We've not been able to cruise for the last few months, but the dry spell is coming to an end soon. Hope we can get together in the very near future!