Ok what snacks are you bringing??

Ballard67

Ok what food do you or will bring on your next cruise. I seen this on Facebook(Cruise critic page) asking "what snacks

would you bring". I though food,all the food that's on the cruise! and you want to bring snacks/food??.

Then I thought Oh ya!!, i love to snack,they mention Gummy Bears(good Idea), peanut Butter crackers even See's

chocolates. I am a huge Chocolate and salt fan, so i thought of different packages of chocolates and maybe nuts, pretzels

I am also bringing my own soda. I avid soda drinker, but not enough to make it 50.00+ expense for the soda package.

SO I love to hear what others will bring or think of bringing??.

We are bringing some snacks but they are mainly for the land portion of our trip which does not include meals and is first. I would love to bring some drinks on the ship but since we will be arriving at the ship via the Princess train, I can't quite figure out how to pull that off yet.

In general though, other than maybe some hard candy or something like that, our snacks on a cruise consist of what the ship offers.

We are also going to bring packs of hot chocolate because it appears Princess charges for hot chocolate and what they do offer is not that great.

We always bring good crackers since Princess provides great cheeses in the IC and the Elite lounge. Princess usually only provides saltine crackers.

What sort of food is available in the IC and is there a charge for any of it?

For our last cruise with 6 people and 8 shore stops we took a suitcase full of Go Picnic lunches (from Amazon), Bumble Bee Ready to Eat tuna (from most stores) and Hormel MVP (Walmart). Try them out at home to see which ones you like best. We ate them at the end of boat tours or used picnic tables as we were walking by. Then hit room service or late buffet if it wasn't quite filling enough. No need to worry about unknown restaurant food allergy concerns.

Sightcrr

Thanks

We are on the same Alaska cruisetour as you are. I checked and Island Princes does NOT have an International Cafe. Island will have one, when it goes to drydock for refurbishing. Real bummer. See ya soon.

If we bring any, and we usually just bring a couple packs of gum or Tic Tacs, we get it at the embarkation port. We always go a day or two early and there's always a drug store or something. Both of us are trying to not eat snacks and if we miss a meal (yeah, I know, miss a meal on a cruise ship - horrors!) so be it.

My snacks aboard the ship are the fruit you get in your room or at the Oceanview Cafe, or perhaps a yogurt.

For our last cruise with 6 people and 8 shore stops we took a suitcase full of Go Picnic lunches (from Amazon), Bumble Bee Ready to Eat tuna (from most stores) and Hormel MVP (Walmart). Try them out at home to see which ones you like best. We ate them at the end of boat tours or used picnic tables as we were walking by. Then hit room service or late buffet if it wasn't quite filling enough. No need to worry about unknown restaurant food allergy concerns.

Sightcrr

I had never heard of these and thought they would be awful (boxed lunches that are not refrigerated and still be decent).

Heck, the pictures on the box look pretty darn good. Quite the variety also. I have friends going canoeing soon and may mention this to them.

Ya me and the wife loveeee to snack. But we want to get the most out our foodie experience,so on board we will limit our nibbles a little. I am going to pack nibble bags for us and her Parents for our excursions, maybe to hold us over until we get back to the boat

We are on the same Alaska cruisetour as you are. I checked and Island Princes does NOT have an International Cafe. Island will have one, when it goes to drydock for refurbishing. Real bummer. See ya soon.

That stinks about the International Café. We are really excited about the trip. It is getting here quickly.

"I am going to pack nibble bags for us and her Parents for our excursions, maybe to hold us over until we get back to the boat "

For your "nibble bags" make sure to keep them in the original factory sealed package so that they can't be confused with food from the ship which is not allowed to be taken ashore by Customs Dept. although no one ever checked us that we know of.

Sightcrr

I was like the OP and thought "with so much food on board, why would you bring any more food along?!" But…I also like sweet and salty together. We get M&M's from the butler, but I bring along a container of Cashews from Costco, and mix the M&M's and cashews together. In spite of being full from the great food on board, there is always room for M&M's and cashews!! :)

We like to sit on the balcony with a drink and a snack. Being from Canada we like to bring snack size packages of Cheesies which you can only get in Canada! Yummy, cheesy and crispy.