Adult only pool-Emerald.

janecambridge

Personally...I think the small pool at the aft of the ship should be for kids only and one of the larger pools near the middle be for adults only. During my cruise on the Caribbean Princess in Feb 2014, I noticed a parent and two young kids in a large center pool when I went for lunch. On my way back from lunch there were ship staff putting a net over the pool and "Pool Closed" signs around it. It stayed this way for just over a day. Now, I can't say for certain, but I believe that the pool was "fouled" by the kids. If this is the case then let them risk "fouling" a small pool that will not hurt a lot of passengers.

Personally...I think the small pool at the aft of the ship should be for kids only and one of the larger pools near the middle be for adults only. During my cruise on the Caribbean Princess in Feb 2014, I noticed a parent and two young kids in a large center pool when I went for lunch. On my way back from lunch there were ship staff putting a net over the pool and "Pool Closed" signs around it. It stayed this way for just over a day. Now, I can't say for certain, but I believe that the pool was "fouled" by the kids. If this is the case then let them risk "fouling" a small pool that will not hurt a lot of passengers.

I am sure there are adults that pull that off too.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

So you would rather have people be subjected to all the noise, music, ice carvings, MUTS, etc all day long just in case the kids foul up the smaller quieter pool? What about people who just want peace & quiet? Where are they supposed to go?

btw- it's a rare occurrence when a pool gets shut down for something like that.

So you would rather have people be subjected to all the noise, music, ice carvings, MUTS, etc all day long just in case the kids foul up the smaller quieter pool? What about people who just want peace & quiet? Where are they supposed to go?

btw- it's a rare occurrence when a pool gets shut down for something like that.

I don't find the aft pool considerably quieter then anywhere else on the ship (never been to the sanctuary). I would rather have one of the larger pools as an adult only. Would be nice to do laps and not have to worry about having to constantly steer around kids.

I don't find the aft pool considerably quieter then anywhere else on the ship (never been to the sanctuary). I would rather have one of the larger pools as an adult only. Would be nice to do laps and not have to worry about having to constantly steer around kids.

I'll do anything to avoid the main pools....it's extremely noisy with MUTS starting with the morning show then a movie later in the morning and events later on the day like pool games, ice carvings & lets not forget the bands blaring music. I know most people do enjoy it but to me it's not at all relaxing.

Lovetocruiseprincess

Thank you for the photos.rules numbered 10 and 11 are two rules that were not adhered to.As I said in my original posting,there were buckets of beers ( glass ones) around the pool.as for getting into pool slowly-absolutely not by kids.

I was so happy when I found the spa pool thinking it was adults only.I am an extremely strong swimmer but have undergone knee surgery recently that involved bone marrow and stem cell therapy,reconstruction.So to find somewhere that I could feel 'safe' to swim in after removing my brace,was an extra benefit.I felt very very vulnerable,nervous and actually scared of any damage to my knee when the kids were jumping in randomly.

What a shame then that someone who may be permanently disabled cannot have a 'safe' place to swim.

It is not just on Princess - have been on 2 other cruise lines recently, and there were kids in all pools - when I complained, just a shrug of the shoulders.

One parent was told to remove a todler in diapers, and they just removed the diaper, it was very noisy - not a quiet day by the pool - I went to my balcony to read!

Fortunaly I have a pool in my house, so I do not go on a cruise to swim!

I just located some photos of signs posed around the Lotus pool. It appears that kids are allowed with supervision and those over the age of 16 are allowed at any time, even by themselves.

What does the "Adults Only" sign actually mean? Who knows? :D

DSC09843LOTUS_zps7dc5b823.jpg

The "Adults Only" sign applies to that area.

The other two signs are the same signs they put by every other pool and hot tub. Nobody at Princess ever though to make a special sign for the Spa Pool instead of using the general signs.

It is much like some of the elevator signs. If you look at the directory by the aft elevator call buttons on a Grand Class ship, it will say that the Spa is on deck 16 (or 15). It is a general sign and is correct in that the Spa is on the indicated deck. However if you take one of these elevators to deck 16 (or 15), the Spa is nowhere in sight because it is at the front of the ship, not by the aft elevators with this signage.

With the logic that if the general sign about lifeguards means a child can use the Spa pool, then the general sign about the Spa being aft on deck 16 (or 15) must also be true.

Edited by caribill

We have only had the problem once on Princess. I spoke to the pool attendants who said they would see that the unsupervised children were rmoved. They did not. I found another crew member and told her. They were soon gone. I have seen it happen with non English speakers. But those children were supervised by an adult and were well behaved. No problem.

Thank you for the post. Fingers crossed not many children on next May trip on the CB. We travel during the school year as a rule but haven't had any issues with children in the forward pool at the spa area. Just lucky I guess hope our luck holds out. Really missed this area on the Pacific last month, we go each evening for a dip and if a long day a soak. Very peaceful and have only had one or two folks this time of day.

The "Adults Only" sign applies to that area.

The other two signs are the same signs they put by every other pool and hot tub. Nobody at Princess ever though to make a special sign for the Spa Pool instead of using the general signs.

It is much like some of the elevator signs. If you look at the directory by the aft elevator call buttons on a Grand Class ship, it will say that the Spa is on deck 16 (or 15). It is a general sign and is correct in that the Spa is on the indicated deck. However if you take one of these elevators to deck 16 (or 15), the Spa is nowhere in sight because it is at the front of the ship, not by the aft elevators with this signage.

With the logic that if the general sign about lifeguards means a child can use the Spa pool, then the general sign about the Spa being aft on deck 16 (or 15) must also be true.

The "Adult Only" sign is located at the top of Lotus pool area and the other signs are on the sides of the pool eye level. One can only assume that all these "rules" apply to the Lotus pool & hot tubs.

IF I were a parent with kids I wouldn't hesitate to have them at the spa pool after reading the sign about supervision and argue with anyone who said differently.

Very confusing to say the least and that's why I took photo's of the signs.

After reading this and other threads regarding children on ships, are there any "adult only" ships on any line? There are certainly enough options for families with children to cruise everywhere. However, there are people that, for many legitimate reasons, prefer not to vacation with children. If Princess designated say, their new ship, as an adults only ship, do you think it would be popular enough to be booked most of the time? Or maybe designate selected itineraries on other ships as "adult only". I know it will never happen, just a theoretical question. Would these be popular? Would you book? Is this an untapped market?

After reading this and other threads regarding children on ships, are there any "adult only" ships on any line? There are certainly enough options for families with children to cruise everywhere. However, there are people that, for many legitimate reasons, prefer not to vacation with children. If Princess designated say, their new ship, as an adults only ship, do you think it would be popular enough to be booked most of the time? Or maybe designate selected itineraries on other ships as "adult only". I know it will never happen, just a theoretical question. Would these be popular? Would you book? Is this an untapped market?

The only one I have experienced is P & O who have 3 adult only ships, two mid size and their smallest. Must be worth doing as they've been running them for a few years.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Forums mobile app

P & O have several adult only ships and are part of the Carnival brand. Are mostly based Europe side but do world cruises and also venture into the Americas. To book from America you have to go through a certain agent which has the American version of "Holiday" in its title.

The "Adult Only" sign is located at the top of Lotus pool area and the other signs are on the sides of the pool eye level. One can only assume that all these "rules" apply to the Lotus pool & hot tubs.

IF I were a parent with kids I wouldn't hesitate to have them at the spa pool after reading the sign about supervision and argue with anyone who said differently.

Very confusing to say the least and that's why I took photo's of the signs.

Why would you think the sign that says children need supervision overrides the sign that says ADULTS ONLY, rather than the other way around?!

As others have said, the "Pool Rules" signs are standard, and the signs are the same all over the ship. The ADULTS ONLY signs are only placed at the Adult pools. If you brought your kids into one of the adult pools, I would ask you to leave, and contact a crew member if you refused. ADULTS ONLY means ADULTS ONLY!!!

Why would you think the sign that says children need supervision overrides the sign that says ADULTS ONLY, rather than the other way around?!

As others have said, the "Pool Rules" signs are standard, and the signs are the same all over the ship. The ADULTS ONLY signs are only placed at the Adult pools. If you brought your kids into one of the adult pools, I would ask you to leave, and contact a crew member if you refused. ADULTS ONLY means ADULTS ONLY!!!

Under the current situation were one sign says "Adults Only" and another sign says "children OK with adult supervision" why should passengers be placed in a confrontational situation? If the regular rule said no children then a passenger reminding other passengers of the rule is no longer in a confrontational situation.

I hear what you're saying but when two signs are posted together at the same pool it seems to be a little hard to exclude kids.

People can intrepid them either way & unless Princess changes the sign to keep kids from using that pool people will continue to allow them in the pool with supervision.

BTW- I do agree that the sign needs clarification and I wouldn't want to be the pool attendant that had to explain the sign. :cool:

I hear what you're saying but when two signs are posted together at the same pool it seems to be a little hard to exclude kids.

People can intrepid them either way & unless Princess changes the sign to keep kids from using that pool people will continue to allow them in the pool with supervision.

BTW- I do agree that the sign needs clarification and I wouldn't want to be the pool attendant that had to explain the sign. :cool:

Hmmm... maybe I should pack a Sharpie on my next cruise to help "clarify" the signs... ;) :D

The Spa pool as well as the aft pools are and always have been Adults Only

That is why there is a singular and distinct stand-alone sign. Otherwise, why have a stand-alone sign? It trumps the other sign

I liken it to those stand alone signs that are sometimes set up in sky walkers that say Private Party in progress, yet there is also a posted sign which states 18 and over allowed, or at least there used to be

So am I to deduce that I can just barge right into someone's private party function since I am over 18 years of age and I want to go to sky walkers at that moment?

Nope.

Signs exist for a reason. Some people just like to split hairs

Over everything:rolleyes:

Edited by 4cats4me

The Spa pool as well as the aft pools are and always have been Adults Only

That is why there is a singular and distinct stand-alone sign. Otherwise, why have a stand-alone sign? It trumps the other sign

I'm sorry but the way I read it (as do many others) is that kids under the age of 16 are allowed as long as there's supervision. What's so hard to understand?

DSC09845LOTUS5_zpsfaf32c07.jpg

I'm sorry but the way I read it (as do many others) is that kids under the age of 16 are allowed as long as there's supervision. What's so hard to understand?

DSC09845LOTUS5_zpsfaf32c07.jpg

It's a generic sign, placed by all pools to cover Princess. They do not have adult only signs that say the same information. The stand alone sign that says the area is adult only says it all. The intent is clear and implying that children should be allowed due to the generic "pool rules" signs appears imo to be an example of sophistry.