Anthem of the Seas Construction

Sure looks like the buffet area of the Solstice Class ships of Celebrity. Must be a Meyer Werft thing? This type of design really works well.:D Looking forward to our 14 days on the Anthem in June.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

It certainly does look like Celebrity S-class buffets, and they REALLY are well designed. I just love them, will be happy to see this in operation on the Anthem TA next fall.

From the Quantum photos, the balcony cabins also look very much like those on S-class ships, except that they appear to be narrower and maybe longer. The Q-class positioning of the closets perpendicular to, rather than parallel to, the bed seems like an improvement in terms of not having to squeeze between the closet and the bed (or sofa) to get to the closet. And again, based only on photos, the bathrooms look similar but here the Q-class seems to lack that great vertical stack of storage shelves in the bathroom that hold so much.

For sure you can tell that both classes of ship were built in the same shipyard for the same corporate parent. :)

Different sources say that Quantum-Class was originally planned for Celebrity.

That would certainly make sense. I'm sure they could have pulled off a more Celebrity-friendly version of this ship if they were so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Different sources say that Quantum-Class was originally planned for Celebrity.

Actually makes a lot of sense. If you jettison the wave rider, the ripcord, the bear, and the bumper cars -- could be a Celebrity ship! Celebrity's next generation of ships will be built in France, as they missed the scheduling window to have them constructed at Meyer Werft.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Any new word on float out? Some previously published info has suggested this weekend, other info that it's been moved to later in the month.

Thanks!

I thought it was at the end of February. Good news is that the stack fairing is on its way to the shipyard.

cb34b281527c40a6cf1d4f2c5a80d965.jpg

Last but not least... that should have been 'sibling' not dibling in my last post. [emoji12]