Anthem of the Seas Construction

Maybe rename it Godot Of The Seas!!

And to a rousing round of applause the Anthem floats ou...... oh sorry it was rainfall ;):D

:D:D:D You can hear the rainfall on the Live Stream... BTW change one letter in "rainfall" to "reinfall" which means "flop" in German...:rolleyes:

steamboats

Are you sure :confused:

moved, stopped, moved, stopped, ....

when I started looking the "Seas" part of name was visible, now I see the whole name. Different camera.

sooooo slow!

Maybe ship is stuck ;)

Edited by bluesea777

I love the Google translation of the NDR page:

It's finally arrived: The new cruise giant "Anthem of the Seas" leaves to the minute Bauhalle the Meyer Werft in Papenburg. After the deadline for undocking was moved several times and hundreds of onlookers partly since yesterday endure on the Ems, the cruise giant infected for the first time his nose out of the hall.

http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Jetzt-live-Hier-kommt-die-Anthem,anthem128.html

Have now lost picture but am getting preview of Anthem elevator muzak, niiiiiiice.:cool:

The NDR site says this (Google translation):

Due to technical reasons, we had to live stream but unfortunately stop and ask for your understanding. Of course, we hold further at this point in the loop.

Tall-Cruiser! The glass shelters are back! :p

9584b579d75a30b766b4a3da1968ba02.jpg

474c27e675e8abbf6fda77706dc91cf9.jpg

This photo by Jeroen Houtman

Thanks Lloyd! :):)

One of these days I will get to sail on one of the Quantum Class ships and enjoy that spot and say "I remember when you were just a child" :). Its all great though to see Anthem looking good comimg out of the building dock.

A float out is never really an "event" and, from what I've seen, not many cruise lines make a big deal of it. Its more of the shipyards thing, and for those who are obsessed, like me! ;)

You got that right. There is just something cool about the whole ship building process that is very facinating. So like you, I enjoy watching the float-out.

NDR stepped out of the live stream just when you really were able to see anything :(. The Meyer Werft webcam was pretty close this time. Usually you can see the whole ship (not lenghtwise, but whole height) on this webcam. Maybe they wanted to hide whether there is another Felicia or not.

Here are some pix. I´m waiting for Andreas´ photos but he hasn´t uploaded them yet.

steamboats