Call from Carnival about delayed embarkation - real?

sarmat1

I know that I've read about Carnival calling and emailing befor a cruise claiming delayed embarkation when in reality they were just trying to spread out guest arrivals. How do you know if this is the case? Just got a call indicating Paradise out of Tampa on Monday the 18th would be delayed due to crew training and nobody should arrive prior to 1:00. I have FTTF and had planned to be there at 11:00. Do you think the delay is real or should I ignore it? :confused:

Go early but understand if there is a delay.

We've discovered that the 'stated reason' notices are with merit.

We had one for the Imagination cruise after she repo'd thru the Panama Canal.

If they said imagration check i might think its true cause they do it from time to time on each ship to make sure no one jumped ship along the way ..Trainning dosn't require all the crew at one time so i would go early it just might be a slower then normal

I know that I've read about Carnival calling and emailing befor a cruise claiming delayed embarkation when in reality they were just trying to spread out guest arrivals. How do you know if this is the case? Just got a call indicating Paradise out of Tampa on Monday the 18th would be delayed due to crew training and nobody should arrive prior to 1:00. I have FTTF and had planned to be there at 11:00. Do you think the delay is real or should I ignore it? :confused:

LOL! So much for spending $50 to get faster to the fun. It's more like they got faster to your wallet! However, I'd ignore it and be there around 11:00 am.

It does happen, It did to us for our Hawaiian cruise last Oct.

We ignored the texts and we spent a VERY long time waiting.

I was glad we were not among the Priority Guest.

Think long cruise in Oct. Yep a million (ok that was a touch over board) Priority Guests.

long cruise during school, Older Retired...

Each one thinking it is only about them.

LOL ok not all of them. But enough to make the rest uneasy.

I had a few friends in there that were thinking "Get me out of here PLEASE",

because there was so much moaning and groaning going on.

You can't put that many "special" people in one place for to long :eek:

So yes go early, but bring something to keep you happy just in case.

We had snacks, and were just happy to be getting on a ship going anywhere :)

When I've gotten calls, there really have been delays. If you want to go, go ahead. Once you've checked in, you can go back out to the port area, it's basically a little outdoor mall type area in Tampa.

LOL! So much for spending $50 to get faster to the fun. It's more like they got faster to your wallet! However, I'd ignore it and be there around 11:00 am.

I always thought Faster to the Fun meant that during the boarding process you had priority boarding right after Diamonds & Platinums plus expedited luggage delivery to your cabin. I didn't think it promised a specific boarding time.

I always thought Faster to the Fun meant that during the boarding process you had priority boarding right after Diamonds & Platinums plus expedited luggage delivery to your cabin. I didn't think it promised a specific boarding time.

You are correct. You won't get onboard until after Diamond/Platinum, Wedding parrties and handicapped. If boarding is delayed you still won't get on until after that first group.

When we sailed the Sunshine in April, some FTTH folks were giving the port services people all kinds of hell that they should board with the Diamond and Platinum guest. The comments from the D & P groups were pretty funny as they walked by:

"You can't buy class or status"

"I spent thousand of dollars cruising and you think you can board with me because you spent $50 bucks"

"See you on board, I'll be the one ahead of you at Guys"

We have cruised out of Baltimore twice in the past year, both times we received the same types of emails. First time it was delayed due to a USCG inspection the second was a weather caused delay which is common for Baltimore in the winter. We had FTTF and both time we arrived at the terminal at the suggested times. Both times just as we finished our registration they started boarding.

You are correct. You won't get onboard until after Diamond/Platinum, Wedding parrties and handicapped. If boarding is delayed you still won't get on until after that first group.

That's what I thought. I was just wondering why Poster #5 thought the OP got screwed by purchasing FTTF.

It doesn't and you're right. Perfect example: Two weeks ago today we got to Port Everglades around 10:45. Normal time we always go. We purchased FTTF and had gotten the email about a week before that embarkation would be delayed and not to arrive until after 12:30. I ignored it as did many other people. Some got the email. Others didn't. Well boarding WAS delayed and didn't start until a little after noon. Boarding was still done in the correct order, however - Diamonds, Platinums, and Suite guests first, followed by fttf, then everyone else. Next time I won't ignore the letter. Lesson learned. I could have spent those 90 minutes in the hotel room I paid for or whatever else. Last year I didn't get the email and was onboard within 30 minutes of arriving at the same time with FTTF.

My post had nothing to do with FTTF. I simply mentioned it to give perspective (we get FTTF for many reasons including priority tendering, not just early boarding). We're already in Tampa so it's really just a matter of what shuttle to take to the.port. Since the consensus seems to be that the delay might be real, we'll split the difference and take the 11:30 shuttle instead of 10:30.