Coral Princess - "cro-nut"

Grover_

We were on Ruby Princess last December and they were very good though of course anything that good probably shouldnt be eaten.

We boarded Ruby Princess again one month later at the end of January and quickly found that something had happened to the Cro-nuts. As Grover said, dry and almost tasteless. Hopefully we will live longer without them.

Terry

Just off the Coral Princess to Alaska.

I highly recommend trying the croissant doughnut from the International Cafe. I had one every morning with my latte. This morning I was looking forward to one last cronut before disembarking and they didn't have them :(

Hope they have them on the Caribbean Princess next month.:D

Had one on the CB...they are very oily. But then again I'm not a donut fan.

We tried one on the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago. I did not think it was all that special. I tasted DH's, thinking I'd get my own if I really liked it.

I'm with you guys. I am a huge Dunkin Donuts fan, so it's not like I don't love donuts. I had a cronut on the Coral and thought is was the most disgusting, oily, lump of fried dough I had ever eaten. The same people that like them must also like the greasy corn flake french toast. Yuck!

How many laps of the deck equal one cronut? Methinks I might wear my shoes out!
About three laps equals a mile. Average person walking briskly burns perhaps 60-90 calories per mile. A cronut is around 550-600 calories. So, 550-600 divided by 20-30 might equal around 18 to 30 laps.

Or, on the bright side, about 3500 calories equals a pound of fat. So, everything else being equal, one could have a cronut every day on a seven day cruise and only gain a little over a pound.

Oops. Looks like a made a similar post when this thread first appeared last year. Sorry, I guess I can't resist breaking out my calorie and lap counter when I see mention of a cronut.

Edited by billco

I'm with you guys. I am a huge Dunkin Donuts fan, so it's not like I don't love donuts. I had a cronut on the Coral and thought is was the most disgusting, oily, lump of fried dough I had ever eaten. The same people that like them must also like the greasy corn flake french toast. Yuck!

Yikes that's what I think about DD donuts/coffee. double yuk. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Had them on the Coral when we went to Panama. They were delicious. ALso had them on the Caribbean and they were great. Was so looking forward to them on the Regal when we did our trans-atlantic cruise in April, had one and no - more. They were not good. Not crispy on the outside and hardly any sugar. I was so disappointed. Hopefully they will be better on the Emerald.