Connie Nov 21-24 Canceled Charter = Opportunity for us!

cle-guy

Just got an email from one of the big TA's about the Connie cruise just after its TA was a charter that canceled. So they now have made it a 3 night FLL to Nassau cruise and back. Leave Friday, return Monday.

It's not showing on sale yet on X site, but I contacted my regular TA and she was able to sell it.

Finally payments due by September 22.

X is even offering the 123 promotion, even though 123 is only valid on 4 night and longer cruises. X is offering $100 OBC for the short cruise as the OBC option.

A great "party" cruise if anyone can make it, and likely fares are quite reasonable. I was able to snag my favorite suite ;-)

Fri Nov 21 FLL depart 4:30

Sat Nov 22 Day at Sea

Sun Nov 23 Nassau 7am - 6pm

Mon Nov 24 FLL 7am

I'm taking my brother and niece and family on it for a Christmas present :-)

Im surprised that a charter cancelled at such a late date, but good news for those who desire a 3 night sailing. I suspect the pricing should be pretty good.

I live in Ohio, and had planned to drive down for a couple week's vacation in Fort Myers with family for Thanksgiving, so I just drive down a few days earlier now it seems!

I love it when the "planets" align like this. :-)

So Cruise on Connie, then to Fort Myers for the week with family and Thanksgiving, then my 7 day on Sillie with Pied Piper I've had booked for over a year. And this Connie Cruise will push over to Elite Plus finally ... Perhaps the best part... so Ill have those perks for the 7 Day the following week.

So Cruise on Connie, then to Fort Myers for the week with family and Thanksgiving, then my 7 day on Sillie with Pied Piper I've had booked for over a year. And this Connie Cruise will push over to Elite Plus finally ... Perhaps the best part... so Ill have those perks for the 7 Day the following week.

planets align indeed. That is one sweet bonuS for your TA. Congratulations !!

Lol, you have a lot to be thankful for. :D

Cheers!

I live in Ohio, and had planned to drive down for a couple week's vacation in Fort Myers with family for Thanksgiving, so I just drive down a few days earlier now it seems!

Now your coming close to me. I will be getting off the Connie when your getting on. Then driving home to Bonita a Springs.

Hi Curt,

Welcome to Elite plus. You will really enjoy the perks when you are not in a suite. ( I know that does not happen often ) I wish I lived in Florida and not CA. I would join you. Still sorry we did not get a chance to visit at the last formal night on out April TA on the Eclipse. We will cruise again in the future I`m sure. Love your posts, Heather

Congrats on the Elite Plus. I am pretty sure you made it faster than anyone else I know. Thanks for the heads up on Connie.

But you know me ;) Sharie! I won't tell you when or how we made/will make it E+, but let's just say, we've been cruising a bit too much.

I can't believe a charter cancelled this close to the sailing. At first I thought it was 2015 which could have worked nicely as I've been looking for a crusie to take my staff on. This may have worked well, even with airfare adding up, then I saw it was for 2014, and we're already booked in Asia for this November. 2014 is so close.

Happy sailing Curt!

Jenna

Curt - sounds like a nice way to kick off Thanksgiving week. We can wave hello/good bye as my partner and I disembark the ship and head to Key West.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Just got an email from one of the big TA's about the Connie cruise just after its TA was a charter that canceled. So they now have made it a 3 night FLL to Nassau cruise and back. Leave Friday, return Monday.

It's not showing on sale yet on X site, but I contacted my regular TA and she was able to sell it.

Finally payments due by September 22.

X is even offering the 123 promotion, even though 123 is only valid on 4 night and longer cruises. X is offering $100 OBC for the short cruise as the OBC option.

A great "party" cruise if anyone can make it, and likely fares are quite

reasonable. I was able to snag my favorite suite ;-)

!

Fri Nov 21 FLL depart 4:30

Sat Nov 22 Day at Sea

Sun Nov 23 Nassau 7am - 6pm

Mon Nov 24 FLL 7am

Too bad we just found out about it. We are on the Connie for the crossing. It would have been fun to stay on the ship. Instead, we are visiting friends in Fort Lauderdale for the weekend and flying back to Chicago on Monday. Oh well. We can't have it all.

I was able to snag my favorite suite ;-)

Good for you!!!! hope your brother and niece know how lucky they are!! Happy cruising!:)

Appears to really work for you and you are wise to get to those Elite+ benefits. I'm really up in the air on this one for several reasons; First, the cruise is from Friday to Monday morning. That means that this can become a very Carnivalesque (made up word) cruise. One TA is offering a free Classic Drink Package so it might take the term "booze cruise" to a new level. Second, the per day price is higher than the per day prices I'm paying for my Connie cruises on 12/8 and 12/13 and most 7 day cruises that I'm considering are also lower on a per day basis. Third, they have a relatively short time to sell the cruise and if the bookings go slower than expected there may be Guarantees and lower prices in all categories that compensate for any loss of perks. Sometimes that happens, sometimes (as Century last year) it doesn't.

Appears to really work for you and you are wise to get to those Elite+ benefits. I'm really up in the air on this one for several reasons; First, the cruise is from Friday to Monday morning. That means that this can become a very Carnivalesque (made up word) cruise. One TA is offering a free Classic Drink Package so it might take the term "booze cruise" to a new level. Second, the per day price is higher than the per day prices I'm paying for my Connie cruises on 12/8 and 12/13 and most 7 day cruises that I'm considering are also lower on a per day basis. Third, they have a relatively short time to sell the cruise and if the bookings go slower than expected there may be Guarantees and lower prices in all categories that compensate for any loss of perks. Sometimes that happens, sometimes (as Century last year) it doesn't.

I'm assuming this one will be a "Booze Cruise" without a doubt.

X itself is offering 123 perks on this one, even though it's only 3 nights.

I'm assuming this one will be a "Booze Cruise" without a doubt.

X itself is offering 123 perks on this one, even though it's only 3 nights.

Yes, Celebrity is offering 1-2-3 for this cruise. One TA is also offering gratuities. Since I receive the Premium package as a benefit, they'd be giving me $100 in lieu of the Classic Package offer. Lots of reasons to take this cruise, I'll just monitor sales today.

Michael's Club might be a wonderful retreat for this cruise.

Edited by Orator

But you know me ;) Sharie! I won't tell you when or how we made/will make it E+, but let's just say, we've been cruising a bit too much.

I can't believe a charter cancelled this close to the sailing. At first I thought it was 2015 which could have worked nicely as I've been looking for a crusie to take my staff on. This may have worked well, even with airfare adding up, then I saw it was for 2014, and we're already booked in Asia for this November. 2014 is so close.

Happy sailing Curt!

Jenna

Jenna your cruising style inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and try a celebrity suite. Now of course I am doing so in a mere five day, shortest cruise ever, after the fourteen day eclipse next December. Even at this rate with a scheduled, if we don't make changes, 125 bonus points, lol, we make it after Galapagos in 2016! It sounds so lame. FYI that dec, 5 day 2015 has some very Inexpensive suites.

It is amazing what I have plotted to receive free tea and coffee. :p

Appreciate the tip about this cruise. I was able to book the same aft Aqua cabin that we have for an 8-night in January so I am excited to check it out. I am looking forward to a little relaxation time just prior to our busy holiday season. Doesn't matter to me if it will be a booze cruise or not. I know we will have a great time. Love this ship and staff!

Robin

Jenna your cruising style inspired me to get out of my comfort zone and try a celebrity suite. Now of course I am doing so in a mere five day, shortest cruise ever, after the fourteen day eclipse next December. Even at this rate with a scheduled, if we don't make changes, 125 bonus points, lol, we make it after Galapagos in 2016! It sounds so lame. FYI that dec, 5 day 2015 has some very Inexpensive suites.

It is amazing what I have plotted to receive free tea and coffee. :p

<3 <3

Happy sailing my friend!

Jenna