Chocolate Buffet

mrscricket

Yep, I guess that's the answer - if there is food available - eat it :-(

It reminds me of our very first cruise on the old Arcadia.

On the day in question, the Captain came on for his mid-day address from the bridge.

He gave a few announcements, and then said that there was a competition that was open to all passengers.

He said that the competition was to find-- he then gave a long pause, and then said-- the passenger who could put the most food on a single plate at any one time

We thought the announcement would shame the people who had been piling food on their plate.

Far from it.

It seemed to spur them on to even greater efforts,

Call me a miserable old **** but why on earth would people stuff themselves with chocolate late at night just before going to bed after they have had a 5 course meal? Yes I do like chocolate, but that's just asking for weight gain and a headache!

It's always been at 3 or 3:30pm on any P&O ship I have been on in the last 10 years.

Brian

On my 14 night Oriana cruise in May, it was a chocolate 'afternoon tea' which was in the buffet. The lines weren't that much longer then normal and there certainly wasnt a queue to get in. As well as various cakes and gateaux there was patisserie and small cakes & petit fours, as well as a chocolate fountain.

Maybe not as spectacular as the chocolate midnight buffet extravaganza I experienced on HAL - I went "just to look" lol - but much more civilised.

I've been on many P and O cruises but only been to two chocoholics afternoons. Most people I saw behaved in a responsible manner but a few seemed to have no control and filled their plates to overflowing. The worst I saw was a couple who filled two plates and only took a single small bite out of each cake and what was left was wasted!