MyVegas rewards

HabsFan23

It says that it is based on double occupancy.... Did you have to pay out of pocket other that the port taxes ?

No I just paid around $230 for port charges and another $140 for gratuities for 2, on-board the ship. Navigator was fine for a freebie, but the standards at royal, continue to decline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So if I purchase a cruise using MyVegas points and my wife and I go on a cruise, can she turn around and purchase a similar cruise a month later and take me? Or do we both have to wait the 180 days?

So many questions for this weary traveler ! Thanks

If you have separate accounts each in your own names, I wouldn't see why not.

But ya never know!

So if I purchase a cruise using MyVegas points and my wife and I go on a cruise, can she turn around and purchase a similar cruise a month later and take me? Or do we both have to wait the 180 days?

So many questions for this weary traveler ! Thanks

I agree with the other post that there shouldn't be any wait if different MyVegas accounts and two different 'real' people as the redeemer. Who you sail with should not be at play but who knows with the hidden rules that one doesn't find out about until the true test. My friend and I both play and we were actually thinking it would be nice to get two 'free' cruises back to back doing this but the stars would really have to align for that to work out. Meanwhile I'll just keep collecting points and will be happy to get even one free cruise one day :)

If you find out for sure, be sure to come back and let us all know.

Edited by poffles

What exactly are MyVegas onboard credits? Are these to be used for purchasing a cruise at a discount using the credits or are they used for purchasing items like drinks, tours, ship purchases, etc while sailing?....

They are standard "Onboard Credits"...which can be used for nearly anything that you would have billed on board to your account (tips, purchases, etc.). The MyVegas offer can only be used with NEW cruise bookings...not existing ones.

I'm curious if anyone who has booked a previous MyVegas coin points deal got Royal Caribbean status points as well (1 per cruise night).

They are standard "Onboard Credits"...which can be used for nearly anything that you would have billed on board to your account (tips, purchases, etc.). The MyVegas offer can only be used with NEW cruise bookings...not existing ones.

I'm curious if anyone who has booked a previous MyVegas coin points deal got Royal Caribbean status points as well (1 per cruise night).

It also says it can't be used with other promotions. And let's face it, Royal Caribbean is always running some kind of promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Anyone know if you can book more than two in the cabin. Looking at 11/28 out of Orlando, but have two kids to go also

Interested in the answer to this question as well, if anyone has tried redeeming a comp cabin for more than 2 people (i.e. 2 adults + 1 kid).

So that will mean that you get the onboard credit but the cruise fare is rack rate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not necessarily true. The OBCs are combinable with restricted rates (i.e. Canadian Resident Rate, Police/Fire, Senior etc).

We have used a few of the MyVegas RCI rewards combined with a Canadian resident rate. They do not work with the BOGO, 30% off, C&A, etc

• 2 weeks later...
Interested in the answer to this question as well, if anyone has tried redeeming a comp cabin for more than 2 people (i.e. 2 adults + 1 kid).

They told me I could, but it's full rate per child. We didn't book it, it was pretty expensive

Not necessarily true. The OBCs are combinable with restricted rates (i.e. Canadian Resident Rate, Police/Fire, Senior etc).

We have used a few of the MyVegas RCI rewards combined with a Canadian resident rate. They do not work with the BOGO, 30% off, C&A, etc

Looking for some clarification on how the OBC reward works. If I have already booked a cruise for April 2017, can I now redeem a MyVEGAS reward for an OBC and apply it to that booking? Or would I have had to have redeemed the OBC reward first, then called in and quoted the reward number when I was booking the cruise? Thanks for your help!

Looking for some clarification on how the OBC reward works. If I have already booked a cruise for April 2017, can I now redeem a MyVEGAS reward for an OBC and apply it to that booking? Or would I have had to have redeemed the OBC reward first, then called in and quoted the reward number when I was booking the cruise? Thanks for your help!

The 'fine print' states on new booking only so you cannot apply to an existing booking. That does not mean that one couldn't get extremely lucky and be the exception but I wouldn't try it. Same rules that applied when they had beverage package rewards though I seem to recall someone reporting they had success with adding but that might have been because RCL was new to the MyVegas offerings and it snuck by.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise. Report back if you learn otherwise.

My understanding is that you can't because the OBC isn't combinable with any other promotion. So you would need to pay full price for your cruise before you can use the OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...