Riviera stateroom 10032 PH

Anna201213

We just booked the stateroom 10032 on the Riviera for 14 days. This was not my first choice because it is near the elevators and I would like to know if we will be bothered by the noise.

091241.jpg The elevators are located in a lobby, completely separate from the passenger corridor, so you won't hear any noise from their machinery, whatsoever.

The soundproofing in the Penthouse Suites is also very very good.

o-staterooms-3d-ph1.jpgThe Bathroom and the Closet of the Suite are deliberately situated so that they block any sound from the hallway.

I think that you will be very happy.

We were in that exact cabin on Riviera in April.

We heard plenty...people talking as they walked to the elevator, people talking and laughing as they waited for/got off the elevator, even some idiot yelling from the elevator lobby to his friends down the hall. We were wakened nightly by something.

We asked if we could change rooms, would even move to a non PH, it was so bad.

The ship was full, and no where to go.

I wrote on my comment card that a gentle reminder in Currents, to please consider in early AM and late PM, that you are walking past bedrooms, would be nice.

They do remind people about not saving deck chairs, to no avail sometimes, but a gentle reminder might make some be more considerate in the hallways. Just as, when I read on CC about people closing their cabin doors softly, rather than letting them slam shut behind them, it became a habit for us.

Also, when the cabin door of 10032 was open, direct view from elevator lobby into cabin...had to be careful!

Edited by tropicalkerry2002

We heard plenty...people talking as they walked to the elevator, people talking and laughing as they waited for/got off the elevator, even some idiot yelling from the elevator lobby to his friends down the hall. We were wakened nightly by something.

I wrote on my comment card that a gentle reminder in Currents, to please consider in early AM and late PM, that you are walking past bedrooms, would be nice.

They do remind people about not saving deck chairs, to no avail sometimes, but a gentle reminder might make some be more considerate in the hallways. Just as, when I read on CC about people closing their cabin doors softly, rather than letting them slam shut behind them, it became a habit for us.

Also, when the cabin door of 10032 was open, direct view from elevator lobby into cabin...had to be careful!

Thank you for your response. I think I will try to change this Ph for another one if it is possible. We have time because we will cruise in Nov 2015.

I'm literally floored by your response, because Stan once sent a friend back to our Penthouse on the Riviera, -who forgot the room number en-route- and I could not hear her calling to me from the hall..... with the cabin door ajar.

We were on the Marina in 10028 for the first cruise. It was perfect, but had to move to 10030 for the second which is next door to yours. We heard much more noise as tropicalkerry2002 said as folks were waiting for the elevator. While it didn't bother us unless we were trying to sleep, we did notice the difference between the two rooms. We could not believe the difference. But, the Ph experience was fantastic. My husband is forever spoiled!

Pearl

I am surprised at the several comments where people were heard because that is quite different from our experience. First, we haven't been on Riviera although we have been on Marina, but on Marina we were nowhere near the elevators so our experience there isn't relevant.

But our first cruise on Renaissance was on Regatta (then the R2) and our cabin was facing the laundry room. Bear in mind that Regatta is a lot older than Marina or Riviera and so could be expected to have more noise audible from the hallway. At any rate, one day I opened our door to leave the cabin and discovered a cocktail party in the hallway. There were lots of people waiting for their laundry to be finished and they were all chattering away outside the laundry room. We hadn't heard a thing until I opened the door.

I'm not disagreeing with those of you who said you heard noise! As I said at the outset, it's just quite different from our experience.

Mura

Mura

We have stayed in 10020 and 10030 on Riviera and there is definitely more noise in the one nearer the elevator. We noticed more people talking than further down the corridor. If I had a choice, I would definitely move to a quieter part of the ship, especially bearing in mind the OP is not going until Nov 15.

We have stayed in 10020 and 10030 on Riviera and there is definitely more noise in the one nearer the elevator. We noticed more people talking than further down the corridor. If I had a choice, I would definitely move to a quieter part of the ship, especially bearing in mind the OP is not going until Nov 15.

Thank you for your advice. I will see with my TA to cancel this stateroom for another one. We pay a lot of money for this PH and I do not want to be bother by people talking around the elevators.

We have never been bothered by noise from those waiting for elevators on the R ships or the Riveria. We like nearness to the elevators (and stairs) for convenience. But, not all cruises have identical demographics and anything is possible.

I'm literally floored by your response, because Stan once sent a friend back to our Penthouse on the Riviera, -who forgot the room number en-route- and I could not hear her calling to me from the hall..... with the cabin door ajar.

Perhaps one's hearing goes with age?? :D

Edited by CintiPam

I always thought my excellent hearing compensated for my pitiful vision! I can almost hear a pin drop, and even a rustling of paper from a ceiling fan can bother me at times if I am trying to fall sleep. Once asleep, however, I am fine!

Pam, great answer! One wonders sometimes.............;>)

Rick

Well, Ron or Rick, if the 1943 means what it usually means in this context, I'd have to defer to you on matters regarding age....:o

-by about two decades, actually :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Following some of your posts StanandJim - super helpful. My partner and I are heading out on our first Oceania cruise in just two weeks (October 2 Athens to Barcelona). Have done several Regent cruises but the interiors on Oceania look really great. We are in Concierge midship on 10 also (and not close to those elevators and stairs), so looking forward to it!

Thanks again!