All things Liberty of the Seas the Northeast

Oh well since the time will soon come that we we have to say goodbye to our beloved Explorer Of The Seas I figured we might as well start a new thread for her replacement The Liberty of the Seas. I hope she will bring us many days and nights of fun filled cruising memories. 🚢🍸🍹🍷🚢

Does anyone have any thoughts or information about her they would like to share.?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

I was on Liberty first (back in 2012) and then Explorer (this past June) ... and I have to say I was really struck by how similar they were.

Of course Liberty is newer and larger, but to those who are so fond of the beautiful Explorer ... you will be VERY happy with Liberty.

VERY similar in many ways .. just with more amenities, and bigger!

Liberty will be a GREAT "next step" from Explorer for Bayonne until Quantum arrives !

But ... is that big damn ship gonna fit under the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge??? I swear the Explorer just made it! :eek::p

I was on Liberty first (back in 2012) and then Explorer (this past June) ... and I have to say I was really struck by how similar they were.

Of course Liberty is newer and larger, but to those who are so fond of the beautiful Explorer ... you will be VERY happy with Liberty.

Liberty will be a GREAT "next step" from Explorer for Bayonne until Quantum arrives !

But ... is that big damn ship gonna fit under the Verazzano-Narrows Bridge??? I swear the Explorer just made it! :eek::p

Quantum won't fit when the North Star gets stuck in the extended position.

The one thing that I'd like to know about LOTS sailing out of Bayonne is whether or not it will extend past 2015.

Next year's cruise is already booked - June 4th on LOTS - but we're looking to start planning for 2016 and would prefer to avoid the premium for Anthem of the Seas if LOTS was an alternative.

The one thing that I'd like to know about LOTS sailing out of Bayonne is whether or not it will extend past 2015.

Next year's cruise is already booked - June 4th on LOTS - but we're looking to start planning for 2016 and would prefer to avoid the premium for Anthem of the Seas if LOTS was an alternative.

As far as I know, Anthem replaces Liberty permanently (whatever permanently means in the Royal universe) in Nov 2015.

As far as I know, Anthem replaces Liberty permanently (whatever permanently means in the Royal universe) in Nov 2015.

No, not the way I see it. Anthem will never do a Bermuda itinerary as it will not fit width wise unless Bermuda widens reef. Bayonne features Bermuda May through October in various itineraries. A smaller ship is always needed. I do hope the Liberty will continue being placed in Bayonne May through October. Vicki

No, not the way I see it. Anthem will never do a Bermuda itinerary as it will not fit width wise unless Bermuda widens reef. Bayonne features Bermuda May through October in various itineraries. A smaller ship is always needed. I do hope the Liberty will continue being placed in Bayonne May through October. Vicki

A quantum class ship will be in NJ year round, going to Bermuda. All indications have been Anthem will be full-time home ported in Bayonne with Quantum 3 taking her spot in Southhampton/Florida.

http://www.bermudasun.bm/Content/NEWS/News/Article/-We-re-moving-ahead-with-dredging--/24/270/78397

Liberty is amazing! My husband and I were on her in June for a med. cruise. There is not one thing we would complain about. The staff was impeccable. Infact, we are cruising on her again out of Bayonne in June. We're hoping to see some familiar faces as far as staff goes. LOVE the ice skating ring, but the wine bar more!!!!!!

We are also looking forward to the Liberty next summer. Last year when we heard about the Quantum we all started saving for our extended family vacation. In a way, Liberty is probably helping out our budget as the prices for the Quantum are sky high.

We've been on the Freedom (well half of us sailing have been on it). I'm looking forward to the Liberty coming to NJ for however long it gets to stay.

Once the Anthem takes up residence, we may have to revert to flying to our cruise destinations as it will probably be cheaper than sailing from our home port. Time will tell.

Hopefully the price will drop on Liberty. For 7 grand I need to be in a Royal Suite. Next year we are flying because I can't see paying that much for Liberty she's not brand new. So we will be on the Adventure. I love sailing out of NJ it's so convenient. We have to settle for a 7 day cruise instead of nine. I need a price drop. :thumbdown: but I'm thankful for any cruise. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

1. The Liberty of the Seas was in Cape Liberty in May 2007 for some pre-inaugural sailings right after she arrived from the shipyard. Then she sailed down to Florida.

2. People seem not to be aware that Freedom class was originally called Ultra-Voyager class. Royal Caribbean simply stretched the Voyager class plans. Not wider, not higher. Just longer. Freedom class ships have the exact same amount of clearance under the Verrazano bridge as Voyager class ships.

:)

Anthem doesn't arrive until November 2015. Bermuda cruising season doesn't start until Spring 2016. Plenty of time for Bermuda to get its act together and realize that they WANT these ships to visit.

:)

BTW, Liberty is only 30 feet shorter than Quantum, and 8 feet less wide.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Subscribing to this thread...

Have sailed on Explorer 5 Times....so this coming summer it will be the liberty.

Glad to hear it is just a expanded version...someone once said the liberty-freedom is a Explorer on steroids.

7k for a JS? We booked a GS for a little less than that.....from what I remember, a JS was about 5k....both for the 9 night cruise.

Perhaps they dropped since since you checked.

Maybe they will go down more...there are plenty of room choices available.

Speaking of the Liberty, Bayonne in particular, I noticed construction going on at the port....the new terminal?

I'm up that way once a week, need to check it out

...Speaking of the Liberty, Bayonne in particular, I noticed construction going on at the port....the new terminal?

I'm up that way once a week, need to check it out

Yes, new terminal being built at Cape Liberty, hopefully in time for Quantum in November.

Well, I'd love to cruise Liberty next summer (Aug 13 sailing) but the prices are really outrageous at the moment. If they don't come down, we'll likely be doing the Celebrity Summit again.

Yep, we just hooked 4 of us on liberty for July 2015, not cheap, it's a9 day but geez. I'm gonna have to eat a lot, and go to every show and demonstration to feel that was ok. Lol

New Terminal.....gee, I'm going to miss riding the busses from Rutgers....

Anyone know when this DD will be coming to the Liberty? We are sailing a year out and was still able to select early, late, or MTD....

7k for a JS? We booked a GS for a little less than that.....from what I remember, a JS was about 5k....both for the 9 night cruise.

Book a grand suite for next sept 2015 (5 day) for around $2,700. since it was a short cruise i thought I could swing a suite. (first time).

Book a grand suite for next sept 2015 (5 day) for around $2,700. since it was a short cruise i thought I could swing a suite. (first time).

You'll never go back!

We were given a free upgrade to a GS years ago on the Mariner, since then it has been nothing but GS...I told that story to the Hotel Director once, he smiled and said that I now understood how the upgrade system worked...(?)

B-52 that's why I'm afraid to step into a GS. That's how I got stuck in a JS. Cruised in one once and we haven't been out of it since. LOL. I would never want to see a loft. The 7 grand is on the Liberty for next year I know the price will drop. It's just the idea of them even asking that price for a few more feet. I'm just visiting not moving in. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]