Bring Water On RCI - Navigator Of The Seas

Has anyone successfully brought water on RCI?

(I know I know the water taste great, its safe, etc etc)

I use them mostly for excursions because I do not drink water from foreign countries.

So who has actually successfully carried bottled water on RCI? How much did you take?

Thanks in advance

I have carried water on without a problem. The rule state you aren't allowed to bring water, but I along with many others have put a luggage tag on it and had no problems. Just be aware they may not allow it - its the risk one takes.

That all changed when the Ultimate Drink Package was introduced. Bottles of water are included in that package. So now I grab bottles of water as I walk past a bar as a stock pile for my shore days. I pay for the package already, I might as well use it as much as possible.

Another option, bring a couple of nalgene bottles and fill them up, put in your bag and head out for the day. I always bring one anyways as I like water by the bed at night. If space is an issue, you can shove clean clothes in them and have them in your suit case.

Enjoy your cruise!

I use them mostly for excursions because I do not drink water from foreign countries.

So who has actually successfully carried bottled water on RCI? How much did you take?

Thanks in advance

We've carried 8 1L bottles several times in San Juan. However, we've also had our water refused in Port Canaveral during the spring break period.

Thanks in advance

They do have bottled water in foreign countries you know.:rolleyes:

Lol - good one. We just bring empty sports bottles for port and by the pool. Can't imagine hauling cases of water on a cruise ship. Much better for the environment as well.

Yes, but there are many cottage industries in underdeveloped countries that don't make water bottles, just the caps, and refill bottles with local water.

I always pack one empty bottle and fill it on board to take ashore. In Galveston if you are carrying an opened bottle of water at check in security, you will have to throw it away before going thru' the scanner.

Never had to do that in Galveston nor in any other departure port.

Guess it varies according to scanner personnel. I've seen people with open water bottles told to dump them in a trash can before going thru' the scanner at Galveston several times. This has happened at another port as well, can't remember which one.

Never had to do that in Galveston nor in any other departure port.

There are trash cans near security that you must throw any open containers away. Been out of Galveston 4 times...each time we had to throw away our bottles of water.

That being said, 3/4 times I've successfully taken a case of water on board from Galveston. One time it was held until the end of the cruise then returned. We take a rolling softsided cooler with us.

We've carried 8 1L bottles several times in San Juan. However, we've also had our water refused in Port Canaveral during the spring break period.

I was going to start a new thread asking this question, but since someone else sort of did... Can we bring water on to the ship? Like, legitimately? If so how much is the official amount?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going to start a new thread asking this question, but since someone else sort of did... Can we bring water on to the ship? Like, legitimately? If so how much is the official amount?

The official amount of water and soda allowed is zero. However, they rarely enforce the rule.