Dynamic Dining expands to Oasis of the Seas

Does anyone know any info about how this would work on Freedom? Would they have that period of time after dry dock where it is still traditional dining too? Is it the same 3 restaurants?

Just a guess but if they are delaying the introduction until March on Oasis I would think that they may delay the launch on the Freedom to March as well.

Perhaps they will use that time to have employees from Oasis and Freedom to train on the Quantum with the new menus.

Have not heard anything on the restaurants.

I'm How they will turn one massive dining room into multiple restaurants should be interesting.

I guess each floor of the three tier dining room could be divided into one or two dining areas?

Does each floor have it's own galley anyway?

Personally I like it, the way it was built!

I guess each floor of the three tier dining room could be divided into one or two dining areas?

Does each floor have it's own galley anyway?

Personally I like it, the way it was built!

In an email response I received from RC, they said that the 3 story MDR would be getting divided into three separate restaurants (one on each floor).

I'm not really sure how they will accomplish this on OASIS as she wasn't designed with the Dynamic Dining concept in mind.

She has one massive dining on three levels, with a giant atrium in the middle and the same decor throughout. The concept of Dynamic Dining is several small restaurants, each with its own theme, menu, cuisine, and dress code.

How they will turn one massive dining room into multiple restaurants should be interesting. Will they close up the atrium and construct a bulkhead down the center of each level, making the space six different restaurants? I suppose they could but boy that will be expensive and time consuming.

It will be interesting to see how they accomplish it. Frankly I think the Oasis Class mega-dining room is quite beautiful and I would be sad to see it closed in and chopped into smaller sections.

I totally agree with you on this one, Ernie. I love the wonderful huge grand dining room on Oasis, and I think it would be very sad to see it chopped up into a bunch of smaller single-deck-height restaurants. One approach that I would like better would be to have something more like QE2's "Tables of the World" where (even if all single-deck high) you could have different decor areas that flow into each other.

I hated the way Carnival chopped up their big public spaces on Carnival Destiny (forward dining room, main showroom, buffet dining area, and aft showroom) in the conversion to Carnival Sunshine. They even messed up their wonderful sauna/steamroom area. They really screwed up what had originally been a very nice ship.

For those trying to figure out the exact start date of DD on Oasis, I am on the 3/7 sailing and got email today encouraging me to sign up for specialty dining. It did not say anything about DD or the new restaurants. Granted, this could be automatic and not changed yet, or maybe it's indication that it will change sometime after our cruise.

Edited by MisterBill99

For those trying to figure out the exact start date of DD on Oasis, I am on the 3/7 sailing and got email today encouraging me to sign up for specialty dining. It did not say anything about DD or the new restaurants. Granted, this could be automatic and not changed yet, or maybe it's indication that it will change sometime after our cruise.

I got the same email today re: booking specialty dining and I'm cruising on March 21st, 2015. I think it's just an automated generic mas email. I went to the "Dining/Beverage" tab on my cruise planner and not one of the "Specialty Restaurants" are listed and it states;

Please try on-board the ship

Uh oh. It looks like you’re trying to reserve a product too far ahead or too close to your sail date. If you have several weeks to go, try reserving closer to your sail date. If you’re sailing soon, please try to reserve this product once you’re onboard.

Why send an email informing me to book them, yet get a different response on the cruise planner unless something is in the works?

I got the same email today re: booking specialty dining and I'm cruising on March 21st, 2015. I think it's just an automated generic mas email. I went to the "Dining/Beverage" tab on my cruise planner and not one of the "Specialty Restaurants" are listed and it states;

Please try on-board the ship

Uh oh. It looks like you’re trying to reserve a product too far ahead or too close to your sail date. If you have several weeks to go, try reserving closer to your sail date. If you’re sailing soon, please try to reserve this product once you’re onboard.

Why send an email informing me to book them, yet get a different response on the cruise planner unless something is in the works?

I hadn't tried it, but just did and got the same error. Oh well.

Oasis was supposed to be in a class by itself. Now by dividing up the MDR, it will lose some of that uniqueness and be a pale copy to Quantum.

Why RCCL is jumping into this change with 2 feet without even seeing how it will play out is a little confusing. Are they doing this for the Asian market, trying to attraction new cruisers who have never sailed before, streamlining the number of different meal options produced by the kitchens, trying to copy NCL who advertises that they have 28 different dining options, or what?????

MARAPRINCE