Warning about unlimited laundry

Kathy & Stephen, we are just up the bay, Macleay Island.

Just look for the rubber thong brigade.

For the non Aussies, thats footwear, not underwear

Bob.

Sent from my tablet thingy!

Hi Bob,

I called the toll free Sydney number and booked and paid for unlimited laundry. Thanks for that tip. I think we are on the cruise after you,(that we teach me to read the post through before I reply) we are on the 12 night one out of Barcelona on 21st Sept. Enjoy your cruise

Kathy and Stephen

We are on the Oct 27 trans-Atlantic sailing of the Nieuw Amsterdam; I called Ship Services today and booked our unlimited laundry package - 13 days $91. Both DH and I send out clothes daily and get much, much more than our money's worth.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hi - we received the following reply from HAL after a query to the UK customer service about the option of paying in advance for the laundry package.

5. Laundry Packages*:

The laundry and pressing package will be offered to all guests the day after the first formal night, not on embarkation day. packages do not include Eco-friendly dry cleaning

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY for voyages up to 30 days-$ 7 per day.

UNLIMITED PRESSING ONLY for voyages up to 30 days-$ 4 per day

I have rad other posts that the package can be booked immediately on joining the cruise which is important to us as we have a few days pre & post the cruise and want to keep luggage to a minimum.

Has anyone personal experience of booking on board, on this occasion Eurodam, and did you have to wait?

Thanks in advance.

Hi - we received the following reply from HAL after a query to the UK customer service about the option of paying in advance for the laundry package.

5. Laundry Packages*:

The laundry and pressing package will be offered to all guests the day after the first formal night, not on embarkation day. packages do not include Eco-friendly dry cleaning

I have rad other posts that the package can be booked immediately on joining the cruise which is important to us as we have a few days pre & post the cruise and want to keep luggage to a minimum.

Has anyone personal experience of booking on board, on this occasion Eurodam, and did you have to wait?

Thanks in advance.

This could be something new. My experience with the Eurodam is over a year old now. We were able to send out laundry right away, as we spent some time in Rome prior to our cruise.

My last experience with unlimited laundry was this past May. That time we did not spend any time pre-cruise so did not need to send out laundry for a few days. However, there was nothing to indicate that we couldn't send it out right away (other than the fact that we had to ask for laundry bags because they weren't in the room as usual).

I expect that they are inundated with laundry right at time of embarkation because of all the bedding that needs to be done and everyone else sending out their pre-cruise laundry.

What annoys me about this is that one still has to pay $7/day even for those days that they won't take the laundry which was always the last 48 hours, and now, it sounds like the first 48 hours. On a 7 day cruise, one can only send out laundry for 3 days, and still pay $49?!!! Not quite the deal that it used to be, if this is the way it is going.

5. Laundry Packages*:

Thanks in advance.

We have never booked the unlimited laundry before we cruise. Last year on the day we embarked, we sent some dress shirts for pressing as soon as we unpacked.

I just make a note on the price list that we want the unlimited laundry package.

Shirts came back pressed the next morning and the package billed to our onboard account. No problems doing it this way.

What annoys me about this is that one still has to pay $7/day even for those days that they won't take the laundry which was always the last 48 hours, and now, it sounds like the first 48 hours. On a 7 day cruise, one can only send out laundry for 3 days, and still pay $49?!!! Not quite the deal that it used to be, if this is the way it is going.

Very good point. The only time we get unlimited is when we've been traveling pre-cruise and have a lot to send out. If we can't send it out in the first 48 hours, even on a longer than 7-day, I would be more inclined to use the by-the-bag offer. We can get a lot into those bags and send them out about every 3 days.

We sent out a very full bag the afternoon we boarded the ship with no issues - and my parents also sent out that afternoon with no problems. The laundry bags and laundry order sheet including the info sheet with the prices was on our bed when we got into our room.

If it was a 7 day cruise we wouldnt likely have done laundry BUT given that we were traveling for 19 days including 3 days in Barcelona before getting on the 12 night cruise, it was worth it to not have to take 19 days worth of clothes with us.

We sent out laundry every day but one (and the last full day on the ship). Our room steward said that we could send out laundry up until about 3 pm on the second to last day to guarantee its return.

In all if we had added up the laundry we sent out if we had paid per piece, we would have averaged it adding up to about $40 a day - which for the 10 days we sent it out - that would have been over $400 if it was per piece. I think the first day alone it added up to $102 for the number of pieces we sent (the other days were less).

Edited by CGYCruisingFamily