Epic's UBP -sharing?

mousehousemom

We are on the Epic in December. My family (myself, husband, our two boys) and another family of 4 have booked 2 balconies and one inside cabin. The dads are listed in the inside cabin, my question is if the dads buy the UBP will they be able to get drinks for myself and the other mom ( I know their not suppose to but is it possible)? I was told that if the dads purchase the UBP and use a different credit card for their key card than the rest, not everyone in our party has to buy the drink package. Has anyone tried doing this?

We are on the Epic in December. My family (myself, husband, our two boys) and another family of 4 have booked 2 balconies and one inside cabin. The dads are listed in the inside cabin, my question is if the dads buy the UBP will they be able to get drinks for myself and the other mom ( I know their not suppose to but is it possible)? I was told that if the dads purchase the UBP and use a different credit card for their key card than the rest, not everyone in our party has to buy the drink package. Has anyone tried doing this?

Seriously?

That would be wrong......and it's stealing.

If you owned a candy store and sold one gum drop for X amount of money.....would you have a problem, not to consider the revenue lost, if people only paid for one but took two?

Harriet

Taking a deep breath before I answer - because the other posters are completely correct, doing this would be breaking the rules. Clearly you already know that because you state it in your original post.

The short answer is, "Yes" it is possible. You may get away with it, or you may not. You may get asked to produce the second card which won't have a sticker, or you may not. It will be case by case all week depending on the server or bartender.

Disclaimer: I am not condoning this behavior at all and would strongly encourage the OP to do the right thing and either buy the UBP for everyone or pay per drink for those who do not have the UBP.

Edited by puddles99

My fiancé and I have purchased the UBP on our last 3 cruises. The first time I got it, I got a drink for someone else who wasn't with us (didn't think it was a big deal, this is when the package was brand new.) A few minutes later security came to me, and explained this was absolutely not allowed. I apologized. Security told me if it happened again I would lose the package and my on-board account would be charged for every drink I had. It's absolutely not worth trying to be sneaky with the UBP. Just do the right thing and purchase it separately.

Its stealing and you would then be thieves. Just like when you slip those unused shampoo bottles into your luggage on the last night. Maybe you wrap them up in a small washcloth thats stealing too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

My fiancé and I have purchased the UBP on our last 3 cruises. The first time I got it, I got a drink for someone else who wasn't with us (didn't think it was a big deal, this is when the package was brand new.) A few minutes later security came to me, and explained this was absolutely not allowed. I apologized. Security told me if it happened again I would lose the package and my on-board account would be charged for every drink I had. It's absolutely not worth trying to be sneaky with the UBP. Just do the right thing and purchase it separately.

OP, you have given enough information in your post for NCL to figure out who you are (or to get pretty close).

Enough posters have given you the morality of the situation - I shall pass.

As you can see from the quote they keep an eye on such things.

FYI - we both like a drink on a cruise (understatement of the year!). We track our on-board spend quite closely and the UBP would have cost us c$200 more than we drank on our last 14 day cruise (and we did not skimp on the booze:D).

NCL did not implement the UBP to give profit away - they KNOW that most people who buy it, do NOT drink more than they would have otherwise - they are making more money with the UBP than without. If it was hitting their bottom line, they would stop it. Business 101.

I say go for it... While you're at it, those bathrobes are nice, pack them up and if you can find room, try taking the flat screen too!!!:cool:

You forgot those nice clocks in the suites that sit on the night stand.

Harriet

I say go for it... While you're at it, those bathrobes are nice, pack them up and if you can find room, try taking the flat screen too!!!:cool:

Personally, I think the lifeboats are really, really cool. I'd like to tool around San Diego Bay in one. Imagine the parties....

Now, "Cruising Golfer" you're going just a little too far, although I guess the tables would at least float you're boat, speaking of which, SdMike the lifeboats you want are those that actually submerge and do the dippsy doodle while tracking your location....:rolleyes: Just sayin'

I sure hope they do go for it just so we can actually find out what really happens. It wouldn't surprise me if they were dropped off at the first port and told to thumb their way home. :eek:

All posts and morality lessons aside, let me say that we did not purchase the UBP and neither did my boys (18 & 21). The boys however, met a tons of guys who did and they bought drinks alllllll the time for them on the Breakaway. My boys hardly ever bought any drinks. Also, you can buy shots, beers, and multiple mixed drinks and no bartender questions who they are for. Just stating my experience.

Did you really expect alot of positive feedback from your post ? You don't need anyones advice on these boards. You seem to have this stealing stuff all figured out. Bon Voyage !

Being that you are on the December 28th cruise and since it is over New Years, I'm sure they will have a keen eye out for those that are sharing. I wouldn't take the chance, especially if you get caught on the last few days and then have to pay cash for all the drinks the four of you have had for 5 or 6 days and that could be very, very expensive.

If you go ahead and do it, please explain to your two boys why it is okay to do it, so they will learn from it.

... All posts and morality lessons aside, let me say that we did not purchase the UBP and neither did my boys (18 & 21). The boys however, met a tons of guys who did and they bought drinks alllllll the time for them on the Breakaway. My boys hardly ever bought any drinks.

It sounds like they were (literally) the toast of the Friends of Dorothy gatherings. :eek:

Edited by EvilBanker

Unless you verbally spelled out what you were doing or handed the other person the drink right in front of the bartender/security, there was no way they would have known what your intent for the drink was.